Generac Power Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Generac Power Systems CEO Aaron Jagdfeld
Aaron Jagdfeld

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Lots of good people at middle to lower levels (in 17 reviews)

• It is a company with good fundamentals, a great strategy, and on the right track (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/ life balance is no longer in line (in 18 reviews)

• More concerned about hitting deadlines so upper management gets their bonuses than the actual success of a project (in 21 reviews)

"Great place to make a career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Pros

Generac recognizes and grows talent. It is a great place to work if you looking for career. Generac is every changing and growing which makes new opportunities possible on a regular basis. The senior staff is competent and full of people who lead by example. Continous improvement is a foucs in every area of the company.

Cons

If fancy offices and state of the art computers and phones are what you are looking for, Generac lacks these amenities. Salaries tend to only be about average.

Advice to Management

Continue down the path we are headed. Growth and improvement are our keys to the future. A new headquarters would be nice (but not necessary).

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Pros

Fantastic opportunities for those willing to work hard. Promotions from within encourage employees at all levels to make the most of their opportunity at the company.

Cons

Fast paced environment can be too much pressure for some. But for those that put high energy into it, they are rewarded.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work - continue to communicate your strategy with all levels of the organization and people will continue to work hard for the company!

3. "Great growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Manager in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Manager in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at Generac Power Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Growing, fast-paced company with a lot of opportunity to grow. Good benefits and a do what it takes to get it done culture. Great products where quality, safety and support are a driving force for development.

Cons

Given the growth, change is constant and priorities shift. The bigger the organization gets the harder it is to get things done and the longer it takes

Advice to Management

consider ways to take steps out of the process to allow things that move faster. Push some authority and decisions down - too much bottle neck waiting on the top to approve

"Been here less than a year and love it!"

Current Employee - Sales Management
    Current Employee - Sales Management

I have been working at Generac Power Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely love the companies drive to win in the market! It's an intense place to work for sure because it is very results driven. Wall Street loves the financial performance. The office is completely renovated and conference rooms have modern technology for meetings. Getting into new product categories is only going to mean continual growth. I'm in sales and love being the leader in the generator market because it gives us strength in customer meetings.

Cons

Definately not a place for mediocre people that want to work 8-5 and turn everything off. This place is for career minded people that can handle a company that is aggressively growing organically and through acquisition. A place for hard working people.

5. "Engineer"

I have been working at Generac Power Systems full-time

Pros

It is company where engineer can learn and grow along the growth of company. You need to be enthusiastic, hardworking and passionate to learn. Very fast growing (experience will be very helpful).

Cons

Tighter project timelines in very fast growing pace company could be a challenge for new comers.
    On other hand, if you are passionate and you learn how do process in the company follows then you can manage your next projects in timely manner. Although upper management very challenging but they support their team and has willingness to listen to them.

Advice to Management

Some times dual source can be helpful to achieve goals in timely manner

6. "Review of Generac Corporate"

Current Employee - Corporate Pricing Manager in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Corporate Pricing Manager in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at Generac Power Systems (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dynamic and energetic workplace with a solid senior management to lead the company. The global opportunities make Generac an exciting company in the near & long term future!

Cons

Generac is transitioning from an "old school" mentality into the modern day so work life balance, dress codes, outside of work employee events, etc. are being addressed yet not perfected quite yet.

7. "Working as a assembler etc. at Generac Power Systems"

Current Employee - Assembly Line Worker, QA, Line Lead in Jefferson, WI
    Current Employee - Assembly Line Worker, QA, Line Lead in Jefferson, WI

Pros

The company is good at giving employees the opportunity to learn different areas of building the product. If you are a hard worker and reliable, you are offered to learn new things in different departments. Everyday you get to talk to people from all different departments of the plant.

Cons

Not always sure if you will have a 40 hr work week because of material issues. Business does slow down at certain times of the year depending upon the weather in the united states.

Advice to Management

Thank you for recognizing the very hard workers and giving them the opportunity to feel good about the work that they do for the company.
    It is very important that everyday we have the materials to do our jobs.
    Good to see that more management is getting out of the office and personally seeing what goes on out on the production floor.

8. "Good experience and welcoming"

Current Employee - Planning
    Current Employee - Planning

Pros

I have had a great time so far in my internship. My co-workers are always there setting me up for success. My biggest fear was that I was always going to be making mistakes but my training and supervision have been A+. I can always get an answer to my question and if I do make a mistake they help me fix it without reprimanding me. I am very happy with the work I do and find myself in a very cheerful mood throughout the day. I would be more than happy to accept a full time position here after my internship ends.

Cons

At first there were days where I didn't seem to have much to do. But those days are long gone and I have plenty of work to keep me busy.

9. "Good Company, ever changing"

Current Employee - 2-5
    Current Employee - 2-5

I have been working at Generac Power Systems full-time

Pros

It's a fast paced environment where everyone is pulling together to be successful. There are multiple opportunities to grow within the company if you take responsibility for your career.

Cons

Upper management can be to far into the weeds, sometimes a good thing,sometimes not.

Advice to Management

Continue to regularly communicate with employees at all levels ensuring there is understanding at all levels.

10. "Very High Energy Company"

I have been working at Generac Power Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very fast paced high energy company with an agressive growth strategy. Great people, smart, fun, and committed. Strong share position in all category segments.

Cons

Business can be hard to predict based on the unpredictable nature of power outages making it hard manage workflow and meet stategic objectives.

Advice to Management

Continue to diversify and limit dependence on power outages.