General Dynamics Information Technology Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

General Dynamics Information Technology Customer Service Representative Reviews

Updated July 11, 2017

Customer Service Representative

3.3
General Dynamics Information Technology President S. Daniel Johnson
S. Daniel Johnson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management is bonused on your business development and capture efforts (in 42 reviews)

• no room for growth or development unless someone left the company felt like a cog in a wheel at times (in 16 reviews)

1. "customer service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lawrence, KS
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lawrence, KS

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

paid insurance flex schedule air-condition

Cons

no pay raises break and lunch schedules that you cannot adhere to because you cannot just release customer

Advice to Management

flexible breaks and lunches should not held against you for doing your job

2. "CSR"

Former Employee - Teir I Customer Service Representative in Coralville, IA
    Former Employee - Teir I Customer Service Representative in Coralville, IA

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

During the two years I work there, my supervisors were always there to listen and went out of their way to help me improve myself and my job skills

Cons

The company no longer has open positions for the job I did. Over 250 people lost their jobs on May 31, 2017. But regardless of that, it was sill a good place to work and still is for other job opens.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

3. "Customer service representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Riverview, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Riverview, FL

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Costumer services, call duties, computer skill, typing skill Bilingual experience

Cons

Marketplace system and the call work bonds

Advice to Management

Fix the system a lilttle

4. "It was awesome"

Former Contractor - Seasonal Customer Service Representative in Lawrence, KS

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay & shift differential, I enjoyed how GDIT did their holiday pay, they also helped their employees with different help programs.

Cons

There were none, I almost enjoyed everything about General Dynamics. It was an amazing job. They were very helpful, and they cared about the well being of their employees.

"Great workplace"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Corbin, KY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Corbin, KY

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

General dynamics was an awesome place to work. Good environment very friendly people alwyas looking to hell you out. Overtime if you want.

Cons

Some people working there look to get people in trouble

6. "Strategic Workforce Planner"

Current Employee - Strategic Workforce Planner/Customer Service Representative in Hewitt, TX

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Compensation is moderately good.

Cons

Lacking proper Human Resource support.

7. "Diverse well paying job as a CSR"

Former Contractor - Seasonal Customer Service Representative in Lawrence, KS

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

One of the better entry level available in the area, a lot of contracts and career opportunities. 25 hour facility allows flexible hours. Large company with a lot of room to grow

Cons

Must follow evaluation matrices that sometimes seem impossible as a CSR. Cut throat at times. Contracts can change at will must be ready.

8. "Medicare CSR"

Former Employee - Medicare Customer Service Representative/Claims Part A&B in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Becomes easy after you know what you're doing.

Cons

They hire anyone as long as you type 30 WPM and speak english, constant changes with system and content. Quality became strict on reviewed calls. Terrible recognition system. No raises or bonuses. Eventually force you to take on more responsibility by becoming claims trained and don't pay more which means more calls and responsibility for the same pay.

9. "Treated as just a number."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Pay is alright.
    Overtime almost all the time.
    Coworkers are generally nice.
    Break room always stocked.
    Plenty of energy drinks is essential.

Cons

HR treats you like trash.
    Have to fight for disability accommodations.
    Lack of supervisor support.
    Opinion doesn't matter.
    Crappy hour selection.
    Parking is a nightmare.

Advice to Management

Do more to help out your employees especially those with special circumstances. If it's not broken don't fix it.

10. "GDIT was an okay place to work for a while."

Former Employee - Bilingual Marketplace Customer Service Representative in Lawrence, KS

Pros

It's really easy to get hired there. The matching 401k is good and they make it pretty clear what is expected of you.

Cons

I worked in the Health Insurance Marketplace. When open enrollment is over they make it an unpleasant place to work so people will leave.

Advice to Management

Give people something to read during slow times.