General Dynamics Information Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
General Dynamics Information Technology President S. Daniel Johnson
S. Daniel Johnson

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management has a lot of violation especially ethic complaints (in 42 reviews)

• no room for growth or development unless someone left the company felt like a cog in a wheel at times (in 16 reviews)

1. "Great entry, no room for growth"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Fairfax, VA

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked with smart team. No requirement to work extra hours unless you wanted to.

Cons

Almost no opportunity for education or professional growth. Pay raises nearly non-existent.

2. "Good company to work for until your position is eliminated."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about working at GDIT overall for me was my co-workers.

Cons

For employees being laid off and would like to stay with the company, the process that they are enrolled in needs to be improved. I was faced with losing my job twice and the second time around, I feel that I could have remained an employee had the process been handled a little bit differently than what it was.

The only way I would return is in a senior or management role.

Advice to Management

Take a look at the employees in the CAP program and have their CAP representative do a little more than say "reach out to me if you need more assistance with applying to internal positions." Had there been a more open communication and effort to keep around good talent, I may still be employed at GDIT.

3. "Strategic Workforce Planner"

Current Employee - Strategic Workforce Planner/Customer Service Representative in Hewitt, TX

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Compensation is moderately good.

Cons

Lacking proper Human Resource support.

"Medicare Teir 2 Claims"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coralville, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coralville, IA

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paid vacation (after a year), and sick time. The local management does what they can to make a fun environment.

Cons

GDIT does not care if they keep you are not. They constantly change the policies, and rules. They give the minimum amount of notice, and benefits at required by law. They have have shut down at least 4 programs at 3 different site over the country in less than 2 years.

Advice to Management

care about your employees more

6. "alright"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Available ATO when time is available too take off

Cons

Supervisors only care about themselves.

"Company has a solid future but career growth is marginal"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Washington, DC

Pros

We had an excellent year. Exceeded all our goals. Nice job titles. Not too many women or diversity in leaders so consistency in leadership style. No training. Good work locations. Free coffee.

Cons

Annual raise was below market. Bonuses are bad. Told there is no career progression. Management is disconnected from folks at levels under VP. Benefits are horrible. They are reducing leave next year and switching to a use or loose leave situation so you cannot accrue annual leave. No windows in offices. Too many people on overhead who do nothing but are friends of the management. No one who has been there less than 10 years really knows one another.

Advice to Management

Work more than 40 hours. Walk the halls and talk to people other than VPs. Pay bonuses and spot awards to folks you value. A little recognition goes a long way. Hire younger workers and have regular team building events at least 4 times a year.

8. "Treated as just a number."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is alright.
    Overtime almost all the time.
    Coworkers are generally nice.
    Break room always stocked.
    Plenty of energy drinks is essential.

Cons

HR treats you like trash.
    Have to fight for disability accommodations.
    Lack of supervisor support.
    Opinion doesn't matter.
    Crappy hour selection.
    Parking is a nightmare.

Advice to Management

Do more to help out your employees especially those with special circumstances. If it's not broken don't fix it.

9. "GDIT was an okay place to work for a while."

Former Employee - Bilingual Marketplace Customer Service Representative in Lawrence, KS

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's really easy to get hired there. The matching 401k is good and they make it pretty clear what is expected of you.

Cons

I worked in the Health Insurance Marketplace. When open enrollment is over they make it an unpleasant place to work so people will leave.

Advice to Management

Give people something to read during slow times.

10. "Overworked"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lynn Haven, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lynn Haven, FL

Pros

Good pay in the off season for the beach community. Free insurance if you are okay with an HMO.

Cons

I can say I worked in the Lynn haven call center. The shear amount of calls is overwhelming. The mandatory days were hectic. No sense that you could solve anything just a see of bureaucracy.

Advice to Management

I do not know if there is a way to allow more freedom and personality in your customer advocates but you should strive to have this.

11. "Just okay"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Largo, MD
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Largo, MD

Pros

Benefits
    Employee Portal
    Many Overtime opportunities

Cons

Low Bonus Percentage
    Slow responses from management