Cover image for General Dynamics Information Technology
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews about "pay"

Updated Jun 2, 2023

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 3,784 of over 4K reviews
3.9
81% Recommend to a Friend
89% Approve of CEO

Found 877 of over 4K reviews

3.9
General Dynamics Information Technology President  Amy Gilliland (no image)
Amy Gilliland
1,083 Ratings

What people are saying about General Dynamics Information Technology

Join the conversation on

ServiceNow Consultants

9m

works at

General Dynamics Information Technology

In the past I would use Brightscope to search companies 401k ratings. They have since been acquired by ISS and they no longer offer this information publicly. I am interested in seeing details about your company. (1) 401k plan provider (2) company match (3) option to purchase additional PTO For example, at my company GDIT (1) Fidelity (2) 100% match up to 3% of your salary, then 50% match for the next 3%, making a total of 4.5% of your salary (3) yes, up to 40 additional hrs Guidehouse Booz Allen Hamilton Accenture EY Accenture General Dynamics Information Technology

6 Comments

Tech

1011.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=General Dynamics Information Technology~18661
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about General Dynamics Information Technology? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with General Dynamics Information Technology employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Fishbowl, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good benefits and very helpful with HR and any admin issues.(in 451 reviews)
  • "The pay I think is good for you just sitting at a desk all day taking calls.(in 239 reviews)
  • "Great people and easy to work with.(in 182 reviews)
  • "Good salary and they encourage and pay for elevating your personal skill level.(in 82 reviews)
  • "work life balance is good they are quite understanding of real life(in 61 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of General Dynamics Information Technology and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "pay"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I've found my home!

Dec 28, 2021 - Data Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

GDIT is a phenomenal company! I have found my home. They take D&I seriously and their Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are top notch. As an advocate and member of the LGBTQ+ community, this is incredibly important to me. The benefits are better than my last company, but still about average. The pay is outstanding and I still have room to grow in my pay scale. I'm proud to be a part of this company.

Cons

I really have not found any thus far. I just hope we continue on the road we are currently on.

General Dynamics Information Technology Response

Marketing Specialist

We are so glad that you have enjoyed working for GDIT. We appreciate the people who make the work we do possible across the nation.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

This job is only good for experience on your résumé. I wouldn't make it a lifetime career.

Mar 18, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

You move up quickly I went from general information to claims in my first 6 months there. The pay I think is good for you just sitting at a desk all day taking calls.

Cons

First thing they say before even going in to interview is you cannot have a phone in the building. Once you are hired if they catch you with a phone it's automatic termination. The rules are ridiculous like not being able to have your keys at your desk no pictures unless they are laminated, you can only have a small bottle of lotion, ect. They stress you over your calls. Everything is monitored and almost anything can make you fail a call 5 failed calls within a 13 week period causes termination. You don't get a raise unless you become a supervisor trainer quality specialist or train in all the trainings they have.

3. Join the General Dynamics Information Technology team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0

Growing too fast

Jun 7, 2021 - Project Procurement Manager in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Telework policies were strong before the pandemic, so the infrastructure was strong enough to handle the added burden of the pandemic. Internal training resources and opportunities are increasingly beneficial. I can see that they’re listening to their employees to try and make the work/life balance better.

Cons

While not a bad company to work for, they are a very large corporation, and that allows for them to forget about their biggest resource - the people who do the work on their contracts that make them money. A lot of money and effort is being put into personnel programs, but I’m unsure how beneficial they truly are to the employees. The pay can be mediocre and less competitive depending upon if the program was bid properly. It seems like they’ve inherited a lot of underbid programs, which makes their employees overworked and underpaid.

5. 1.0
    Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Not a great place to work

Mar 21, 2022 - Information Technology in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was great and that was all that I can think of … oh and yes can WFH.

Cons

.The management was unorganized and unsupportive. They would post jobs before letting you go ? Who does this ? Be upfront … there were 4 people in my position and had been 4 more since I left …. Do you think there is a problem with management ?

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Analyst Review

Aug 18, 2022 - Senior Analyst in Falls Church, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great project and decent benefits

Cons

Annual pay increase was 1% each year with exceptional ratings and very hard to climb the ladder

7. 2.0

Meh

Feb 19, 2023 - Field Technician in Norfolk, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can take off when you need too and there is overtime almost every day.

Cons

The overtime can really sap your spirit if you have other priorities as it is basically mandatory. Pay is low for me but probably ok for the position and the OT makes it bearable.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

They don't pay you enough to deal with their incompetency

Aug 19, 2014 - Master Beneficiary Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Relatively decent pay (considering you're just reading from a script 90% of the time). Call center is open 24/7 Base pay is $12.50 + 10% pay differential after 7pm. Ability to advance quickly so long as you do your job.

Cons

Increase in pay is negligible compared to the drastic difference in workload you're given. The company will literally hire ANYONE. Which is fine, for those looking to gain experience, but they hire people that can't even hold a job at a McDonald's, because they have ZERO interpersonal skills, are incredibly rude, and dumber than a bag of rocks. So it's no surprise the company has a large turnover rate. More people are getting fired and quit more often than they're getting hired. Most of the supervisors,managers, and whatnot have NO idea what they're doing. Quality monitors on calls are also inconsistent. So you can fail a call for the dumbest reason (Like providing 100% accurate information to the customer, in the most satisfactory and professional manner [according to the customer], but neglecting to read the script verbatim), whereas it would be a pass according to other QA monitors. Did I mention that there is never a supervisor around when you need one? There have been occasions where someone would receive a crisis call, and people are running around the building for about ten minutes before they find anyone. Overall, the company (or at least the Phoenix location) is painfully disorganized. And while there is some room for advancement, you can only go so far, which only a slight increase in pay. By the way, the ONLY time employees get a raise is if they move up. The last time this company bumped their base pay was several years ago. I know people who have been working there for 5 months that are making more than the hardworking (equally competent) individuals that have been there for 5 years.

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 3.0

GD

Apr 27, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

GD pays well, and they have several good perks. I would say they fit what you would expect from a standard contracting organization.

Cons

GD doesn't put a lot of focus in internet network building and culture. Minor perks and rewards outside of general pay and vacation generally come out of the managers pocket. They do a really poor job of maintaining a bench, if you don't find an internal posting shortly after your contract ends you will be laid off.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee

Horrible to employees..

Apr 10, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Starting pay was decent at $12.06/hr; full work week and some potential for OT. PTO when calls were slow.

Cons

The rules they implement are not only demeaning and ridiculous, but they are ever-changing and NO WAY any one can keep up with them all. They treat the employees horribly. It is one of the most ridiculous places I have ever worked!!

11. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Upper Management is Disconnected

May 22, 2015 - Call Center Operations Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Providing the consumer support for the Affordable Care Act and Medicare is a very rewarding and important job. If you can remain focused on the people you are helping and the positive way you are impacting their lives then you will enjoy the workplace.

Cons

Very few incentives for employees. The pay is not competitive. The decisions made by upper management indicate that they are not really sure what the 'situation on the ground' is at any given moment. The hours expected from the supervisory and managerial staff are pretty extreme for the level of pay.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 877 Reviews
</>Embed

Popular Careers with General Dynamics Information Technology Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at General Dynamics Information Technology? Share Your Experiences

General Dynamics Information Technology logo

Get Community Insights About General Dynamics Information Technology

Candid workplace conversations with real professionals.

Job Referrals!
167.8K

Job Referrals!

Best way to get your foot in the door with your favorite company! Plus employees won’t mind getting that referral money!

Interview Tips
163.9K

Interview Tips

Salary Negotiations
172.1K

Salary Negotiations

A community to ask questions and seek advice on negotiating your salary, compensation, etc.

Affiliated Companies

General Dynamics Information Technology Careers

Cover image for General Dynamics Information Technology

Opportunity Owned. We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects...More

• Our Culture

Company Updates

Logo

20 days ago

Company News
When multiple contractors work together to support an agency, what are the best practices to facilitate collaboration? 🤝 Read more about GDIT's comprehensive approach to IT Service Management and its implementation within a federal government context: https://lnkd.in/g2tpAsaf
Shared image - Achieving Mission Success: Best Practices to Foster Effective Collaboration Among Contractors | GDIT
www.gdit.com

General Dynamics Information Technology Photos

+ Add Photo
General Dynamics Information Technology photo of: Four GDIT employees stand and talk in front of GDIT sign
General Dynamics Information Technology photo of: Four GDIT employees stand in a group to chat
General Dynamics Information Technology photo of: Four GDIT employees stand around a table
General Dynamics Information Technology photo of: Four GDIT employees talk amongst themselves outside
General Dynamics Information Technology photo of: Three GDIT employees talking and laughing
General Dynamics Information Technology photo of: GDIT employees gather at table
General Dynamics Information Technology photo of: GDIT employees work together in the office.

Expert Career Advice

General Dynamics Information Technology Job Seekers Also Viewed

General Dynamics

3.7

Compare

Glassdoor has 4,189 General Dynamics Information Technology reviews submitted anonymously by General Dynamics Information Technology employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if General Dynamics Information Technology is right for you.