General Dynamics Mission Systems Reviews

3.6
General Dynamics Mission Systems President  Chris Brady
Chris Brady
Pros
Cons
  • "People don't know where their job stands when they fire upper management or relocate them(in 40 reviews)

• "Senior management doesn't seem to notice that the economy has recovered(in 30 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Place"

Current Employee - Security

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Superior Benefits, Excellent Management, Cares about employees, Constant and Clear Communication

Cons

None really. Interview was great and expectations are laid out.

April 14, 2020CCO

Wow! Thank you for your feedback. We are entirely committed to making General Dynamics Mission Systems a great place to work and we appreciate your recognition of our continued efforts. Thanks for being a part of it!

2. "Great coworkers, good salary"

Current Employee - Supply Chain in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Variety of projects, fast paced, challenging

Cons

A few (and I mean few), aren't really tech savvy

3. "Decent"

4.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work life balance Pay was good with structured titles and position movement Every other Friday off with fair vacation

Cons

Older technologies - easy to get pigeonholed since jobs are very specific to contract Job itself wasn't very exciting. Lots of compliance and checking off things for gov contracts. Not easy being the young one. Get brunt work and not much of the exciting stuff as the seniors do. Lots of gatekeeping. If you don't have a good mentor to advocate for it's easy to get lost within the company.

June 24, 2020CCO

We appreciate your time to provide us with a review. We’re always looking for ways to improve our career environment. The fact is, we’re reviewing every aspect of our company including our tools and technology. Your ideas are more than welcome. If you have additional feedback, please reach out to us at TalentSupply@gd-ms.com.

4. "Accepted Offer but no Confirmation of start date"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time

Pros

The process was simple and efficient.

Cons

I got an offer which I accepted, however, I was told the start date was contingent on the customer approval. It has been 3 weeks and I haven't heard anything. I am so confused. I just wish someone would reach out and give me more information.

June 29, 2020CCO

We apologize for any delays you have encountered. Please reach out to our team at TalentSupply@gd-ms.com and we will help answer any questions. Thank you!

5. "Not really engineering"

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer II in Mobile, AL

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Interesting work, good people, fast paced

Cons

The work is really more as a technician, since the engineering takes place in Pittsfield.

June 2, 2020CCO

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We know it’s important to continually improve our job descriptions to provide a realistic overview of each position and ensure a good placement for candidates.

6. "GD will suck the life out of you...due to boredom"

1.0
    Former Employee - Engineer in Pittsfield, MA

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flex hours, pay, a couple of nice people, but that is it.

Cons

too many people, not enough work. Extremely poor culture with a huge ego problem.

June 24, 2020CCO

If we only had positive feedback from employees, nothing would change. Thank you for sharing your experience at General Dynamics Mission Systems. We do take it seriously. While reviewing and improving every aspect of our culture is an ongoing commitment, your input will help us move forward even faster. If you have any specific ideas, please reach out to TalentSupply@gd-ms.com

7. "CSRA"

Former Employee - Software Quality Assurance Senior Advisor in Bethesda, MD

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time

Pros

Nice team and you can learn from peers

Cons

No WFH flexibility on the project

June 2, 2020CCO

Thanks for your feedback. Finding new ways to keep everyone engaged and motivated is just as important to us as it is to you and your ideas are more than welcome. Fact is a lot of our projects require employees to work in the office where they can work as a team and share ideas, but we have ongoing commitments to enhance our culture and provide a more flexible work environment, like our 9/80 schedule. If you would like to share any ideas, please let us know at TalentSupply@gd-ms.com

"Good Experience"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Pittsfield, MA

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time

Pros

Passionate Team, Ample Opportunities, Strong Leadership

Cons

Process Driven Work, Limitations in Defense Industry

April 27, 2020CCO

Thank you for your feedback. Teamwork, sharing ideas, creating technologies that never existed before…that’s our culture. Thanks for being a part of it!

9. "Extremely rigid work enironment"

2.0
    Former Employee - Advanced Software Engineer III

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Interesting hardware and good knowledgeable co-workers.

Cons

No wfh. Teams only stay together until end of project. Constantly reminded of repercussions of getting time reporting wrong. "We had to let people go because of incorrect time reporting" was brought up at every all-hands. 10% doing fun development. 90% Going through motions of the required rigid process due to being gov defense contractor.

April 21, 2020CCO

Thank you for sharing what you’ve encountered. We’re sorry that was your experience. While we have processes in place, we know that there is always room for improvement. We’re going to review your feedback with our teams and use it to improve communications and drive change throughout the company. If you are open to talking more about your experiences, please contact us TalentSupply@gd-ms.com.

10. "It’s a start"

Current Employee - Network Systems Engineer in Kings Bay, GA

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most people care about there job.

Cons

Stubborn to get work done.

April 20, 2020CCO

Thank you for you feedback. Paying competitive salaries and bonuses – not to mention offering competitive benefits – is critical for any organization. Rest assured, we are listening and we annually review our compensation and benefits compared to everyone – not just in our industry but in every industry. We are committed to making sure our people are compensated for being the very best… because that’s what they are. If you have specific ideas, please contact us at TalentSupply@gd-ms.com

Found 1083 reviews