General Dynamics Mission Systems Scottsdale Reviews

Updated Sep 12, 2020

4.1
General Dynamics Mission Systems President  Chris Brady
Chris Brady
  1. "Professional and Friendly"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was always treated professionally and respectfully by every coworker and client. I had a great working relationship most of my coworker.

Cons

The limitations imposed by the subject matter we worked on left me feeling somewhat restricted creatively.

CCO

Thanks for your feedback. We’re always looking for ways to improve our career environment, including finding ways to keep our teams engaged and motivated. We have ongoing efforts to enhance our culture and your ideas are welcome. Reach out to us at TalentSupply@gd-ms.com.

2. "Very Good Company"

Current Intern - ASIC/FPGA Design & Verification Engineering in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems

Pros

Good environment to work in

Cons

Can get a little boring

3. "GDMS"

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems part-time

Pros

Very understanding of work/life balance

Cons

Management can be slow sometimes

CCO

Thank you! We are continuously working to improve our culture for a more positive employee experience. Your feedback will be used to help us train management, improve communication, and drive change throughout the company.

4. "GDMS"

Former Employee - Senior Manufacturing Engineer II in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, interesting products. Your work helps keep the war fighter and fellow Americans safe from enemies abroad by boosting our national defences.

Cons

Not much room for advancement. You're only 3 positions away from the vice president. A hypocritical regarding what they say their goals are and whats important and what they push on a day to day basis. Pay is lower than average.

CCO

Believe it or not, we agree with you. When you’re an enormous organization – like we are - working on the most advanced technologies on the planet – like we do - change can take time. We promise that we’re committed to improving – for the better. New people, new ideas…they’re welcome here. We hope you’ll share some of your ideas about how we can make our career experience a better experience for everyone. Please reach out to TalentSupply@gd-ms.com. Thank you!

5. "Good place to work, with a good deal of support from management"

Former Intern - Quality Engineer Intern in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems for less than a year

Pros

Good management, diverse internship experience

Cons

A bit of a disconnect between the two campuses, even though a single team may span both campuses

6. "Great coworkers, good salary"

Current Employee - Supply Chain in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Variety of projects, fast paced, challenging

Cons

A few (and I mean few), aren't really tech savvy

CCO

Thank you for the great feedback. We appreciate your desire to know more about each role so please know that training is an ongoing commitment at General Dynamics Mission Systems. If you have any immediate questions we can answer, please reach out to us at TalentSupply@gd-ms.com

7. "Good place to start work"

Current Intern - Internship in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems for more than a year

Pros

The work is good and you'll learn a lot in your first few years while also getting paid decently.

Cons

If you're not driven to learn and ask for work you won't get very far.

8. "Decent"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work life balance Pay was good with structured titles and position movement Every other Friday off with fair vacation

Cons

Older technologies - easy to get pigeonholed since jobs are very specific to contract Job itself wasn't very exciting. Lots of compliance and checking off things for gov contracts. Not easy being the young one. Get brunt work and not much of the exciting stuff as the seniors do. Lots of gatekeeping. If you don't have a good mentor to advocate for it's easy to get lost within the company.

CCO

We appreciate your time to provide us with a review. We’re always looking for ways to improve our career environment. The fact is, we’re reviewing every aspect of our company including our tools and technology. Your ideas are more than welcome. If you have additional feedback, please reach out to us at TalentSupply@gd-ms.com.

"Place could do great things"

2.0
    Current Employee - Congressional Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great opportunity to work on fascinating Space Electronics

Cons

Be prepared to deal with people who have been doing the same thing for decades, right or wrong. do not expect management to provide anything resembling leadership as most of them are only there because of "time served" and they needed a body.

Continue reading
  10. "True Coroporation with no excuses is how to build team"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

This environment has a wonderful balance of work and life at times when it is slower. And with the deep pockets one can learn and grow here. There is a lot of great areas to work.

Cons

Things are constantly held up for long hours because of employees who lack understanding of their job afraid to sign and stamp something that is clearly ready to go to the next level. Their QA manufacturing people are not helpful they stop hardware because someone may have wrote something wrong clerical errors not hardware which they know how to fix but they send stuff back for paper dependencies and you have to go to your project leader and say nothing got done today and fix the paper work. No one owns up and even tries to move stuff along efficiency so it can kind difficult and you have to convince people and beg them to cooperate on normal tasks. I would not call them patriots. I guess somehow things go through but you have to go through so much of the egos & burnout personalities and work around it. It is hard to explain as this is not the case in real world outside government.

Found 222 reviews