General Information Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Raymond Conrad

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There are good people here that are helpful (in 3 reviews)

• Compensation is decent, benefits as well (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover and limited room for advancement (in 4 reviews)

• There's no room for growth in this department unless you are apart of the corporate click (in 5 reviews)

1. "Good"

I have been working at General Information Services full-time

Pros

Room to move up, awesome management

Cons

Low starting wage, but easy to move up if you do your job well

"It's an OK place......."

Current Employee - Analyst in Chapin, SC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Chapin, SC

I have been working at General Information Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work environment is great and laid back. The people are great as well. Everyone is willing to help if you need it.

You get all major holidays off.

Cons

The pay could be better.
    Healthcare plans are expensive.

Advice to Management

n/a

3. "has the potential to be a great company"

I have been working at General Information Services full-time

Pros

Great open door policy throughout the company

Cons

they do not push their employees to grow or move up in the company

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and take time to hear them out

4. "Not great enviroment to work in"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chapin, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chapin, SC

I worked at General Information Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good job in some departments for someone with no degree.

Cons

A lot of backstabbing and preferential treatment.

Advice to Management

Come off of your pedestal and mingle with the average Joes.

5. "Implementation"

Current Employee - Implementation Coordinator in Chapin, SC
    Current Employee - Implementation Coordinator in Chapin, SC

Pros

This is an amazing company. Supervisor's are willing train you an push you to try new things. They want you to succeed at your job and move up the ranks.

Cons

You do have to work your way up the pay scale. The insurance rates are high.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring just anyone and everyone that comes in off the street. All of the executives are very nice, maybe take a day at PP and see what goes on there.

6. "NOC technician"

I worked at General Information Services full-time

Pros

they provide best support to employee

Cons

no cons, every thing is good.

Advice to Management

Every thing is perfect, no advice's to the management

7. "Not all bad"

Current Employee - Verifications in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Verifications in Dallas, TX

I have been working at General Information Services full-time

Pros

After my divorce this was a perfect place to help me get back on my feet and back to work. My supervisor has been flexible with me and my kids when I have problems. The work is intersting and fast paced and make the day go by. There are good people here that are helpful.

Cons

Pay is low for the work expected and raises are small. Sometimes it stressful here and sometimes your calls are more important than researching. I wouldn't be looking for a new job if there were more room for advancement. Also hr seems unfriendly and unprofessional. I've heard her talking about other workers before. I would avoid going to her I've heard bad things. Coworkers do a lot of gossiping with each other.

Advice to Management

Management is good. Just pay attention to peoples work and not the amount of calls. Pay needs to be increased and benefits need to be cheaper.

8. "Right fit for certain types"

I have been working at General Information Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you do your job well you will be rewarded, treated well and have a future

Cons

Change comes slow and can frustrate folks who want to move up and feel they have the qualifications to do so

Advice to Management

Hold all departments accountable and do not make it the responsibility of employees to ensure the other departments are on-board to ensure success and reduce burn out

9. "N/A"

Pros

Coworkers. (some)
    Work is easy.

Cons

Pay & Management.
    They want to stress our work with little pay. Raises? yea right.

Advice to Management

Management needs to learn how to treat the employees. More like learn how to be managers/supervisors. Treating employees like if we are kids.
    This whole company is a joke to work for.

10. "Dysfunctional with No Hope"

Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

Pros

Other reviewers have noted what might pass as good about this company. I fail to see anything else I can add to make this company seem better than it is.

Cons

This company is trying to shut down apparently. They are losing customers and not doing anything to stop it. They lie to what few customers they have left and promise them grand things only to never produce. The work is easy, and made easier by the fact that no one ever checks anyone else's work. There are intentional mistakes made for the sake of speed. They only want products closed not actually worked on. Management is lacking in Dallas. Don't get me wrong, no management is better than what they did have, but there does need to be some leadership. There is a big time clique in Dallas and apparently in Chapin as well based off what some of the other reviewers noted. Seems like the company doesn't think promoting people who deserve to be promoted is a top priority. I am not really sure what the top priority is because it isn't pay increases, promotions, or growth. The company doesn't care about it's image or what the workers think, so long as they can lie to the customers they think they will be ok. How many customers does we have to lose before someone steps in and saves the day? I wish management would see the writings on the wall and step in and do something but I guess going to play golf or not coming in to work is more important. Just let the company die around them that is the new management model. Their computer system is ghetto and so out dated. Might have been top notch in 1989 but hasn't seen any real upgrades since then. The applicants apparently have a hard time putting their info in the system since there are so many errors, or maybe the system is just that bad and it do the changes. Benefits are high cost and low benefit. Company say they pay so much but I think they lie, I mean they lie about everything else why wouldn't they lie about that to.

Advice to Management

Bring back the owner of the company in a leadership role. He at least tried to keep the company going instead of making sure it fails.