General Information Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.3
Guy Abramo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I like my team leads and supervisors most days (in 5 reviews)

• Flexible when you need time off or if you need to leave early, easy work (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover and limited room for advancement (in 4 reviews)

• Lack of days off, not much room for growth or pay raise (in 4 reviews)

"Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Client Relations in Chapin, SC
    Current Employee - Client Relations in Chapin, SC

I have been working at General Information Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Always something to learn, never boring!

Cons

Could use better benefits but all people feel that way about the companies they work.

Advice to Management

I read so many negative things about GIS that could put a bad taste in mouths of people who are not familiar with the Company. I have to say I have been with GIS for 17+ years (starting in operations and slowly working my way up to other positions) I have had managers, supervisor and team leads. They have pushed me outside my comfort zone and forced me to grow (sometimes when I felt reluctant to do so). These people have also never asked me to do ANYTHING they wouldn't do themselves. I am grateful everyday that I choose to Work For a Company that not only gave me a job but has provided me a career. I have daily support (if needed) and words of encouragement (when needed). I did not get where I am overnight and it wasn't easy. Like anything in life you have to work hard for the opportunities that are provided to you (they are not just handed out). If you want a job just to collect a pay check and expect things to be handed to you, then this is not the job for you. I feel many of the negative comments come from people who want to do very little and expect something big to happen for them. I work with all departments in GIS and lots of executive management amd everyone is truly amazing. Sure not everything is roses; however, that is true for all companies. I truly love my work family and am thankful for them every single day!!!

2. "Data Entry"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chapin, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chapin, SC

I worked at General Information Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very easy job, flexible

Cons

Very repetitive, working until midnight was difficult

"It was great until we got new management"

Current Employee - Verification Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at General Information Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It used to be the flexible hours but now the new manager took that too. I guess the dress code is a pro.

Cons

After we got a new manager, everything went downhill. We get treated like babies, yet our work is what keeps the company moving .

Advice to Management

Stop changing things that don’t need to be broken! And stop making false promises! Bring air meetings back and try to have a connection with people other than your own race because that’s literally the only people you talk to when you come to the floor. You promised us so many things before moving from SC, and since you got here all I see is you replacing things that work perfectly fine.

4. "Public Records"

I worked at General Information Services full-time

Pros

The shift and hours were the best !

Cons

Management, and no room to grow/advance

"Stay away"

Former Employee - Verification Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Verification Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at General Information Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers, flexible, holidays off, feed you during the holidays

Cons

micro manage, pay, a lot of mess

"Old Boy's Network"

I worked at General Information Services full-time

Pros

The people within the company that you would work with day-to-day are some great people.

Cons

It is an "Old Boy's Network" kind of place. There is a lot of backstabbing and political handshaking going on. There is no structure for career paths and no way to get ahead unless favored by "the select few".

Advice to Management

Treat people fairly!!!

"Verification Specialist"

Current Employee - Verification Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at General Information Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, easy work, love my work family and the Team Leads, Supervisors and new Manager are great!

Cons

Pay and benefits. I work USPS and its ridiculous that employees doing the same work on other teams make way less than us. It's not fair and the company needs to fix this! It's very disappointing reading the reviews about Management. New management continues to work hard to make positive changes within our organization. The Ops Manager and the Supervisors recognize employees on a monthly basis and give out gift cards. We feel more appreciated now than we ever did before. The people complaining in these reviews are the lazy, entitled employees who want to get paid for nothing. They're negative and unhappy with themselves so they spread lies. Same people who spend more time chatting instead of working. I work hard and take my job seriously and I'm very happy that new management set expectations to hold people accountable. Tired of laziness!

Advice to Management

I appreciate management and my supervisors and team leads. Please continue doing what you're doing!

"Accountability"

Pros

Positive change for is needed to make our company grow

Cons

Some employees are having difficulty with change but don't suggest positive solutions

Advice to Management

Keep doing good things. A year ago we were complaining about morale, injustice and unfair practices and today some people want to point fingers and blame others for trying to make things better. Maybe we should stop spreading rumors and whispering negativity around the office and just do our jobs.

"I.T."

I worked at General Information Services full-time

Pros

Laid back environment. Friendly people.

Cons

Low pay , bad management.

"Wishy washy workload"

I worked at General Information Services full-time

Pros

opportunities to learn, learn, learn. great company.

Cons

today a day's worth of work, tomorrow; you're being sent home at 11am. It's unsteady and unpredictable.