What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are good and generous" (in 954 reviews)
- "Pay is good but not worth the amount of work you have to put in." (in 651 reviews)
- "good work life balance and remote" (in 562 reviews)
- "The people you work with are great and have helped me grow so much since I started here." (in 471 reviews)
- "They pay a good salary and have one of the best total overall compensation packages anywhere." (in 237 reviews)
- "Poor career management and management of the business" (in 313 reviews)
- "3 years and can get put in a group with a new or bad manager." (in 168 reviews)
- "The hours are long and there can be alot of travel if you are managing a global program." (in 137 reviews)
- "Money isn't exactly market Company is very wishy washy with changes Workers are not very well respected by senior leadership" (in 114 reviews)
- "Frequent layoffs." (in 104 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of General Motors (GM) and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 8,766 of over 12K reviews
Updated Sep 21, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWApr 2, 2023Assembly Line WorkerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsFort Wayne, IN
Amazing work atmosphere. Co-workers are great people to work with. Pay, and benefits are some of the best in the USA economy.
None that I’ve experienced as of yet.
- 5.0Sep 21, 2023Software DeveloperFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsChandler, AZ
Excellent work life balance, great place for career growth.
No job stability, upper management is greedy, and remote work is not an option except if you are part of the top-level management.
General Motors (GM) Reviews FAQs
General Motors (GM) has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 12,340 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at General Motors (GM) to a friend and 63% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
75% of General Motors (GM) employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated General Motors (GM) 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.