Cover image for General RV

30% Recommend to a Friend
31% Approve of CEO

Found 122 of over 123 reviews

2.3
General RV CEO Rob Baidas (no image)
Rob Baidas

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of General RV and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good place of work

Sep 29, 2022 - Service Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment to work in

Cons

Hours are kind of weird

Recruiting Operations Lead

We appreciate you taking the time to submit this feedback. It's great to hear you are happy in your position and feel comfortable in your environment. Thanks again!

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Great people but subpar company

Dec 6, 2022 - Data Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, good facilities, lots of opportunity for growth

Cons

Terrible pay, awful benefits, no bonuses or profit sharing

Recruiting Operations Lead

Thank you for taking the time to share this! We love hearing you have enjoyed your time with General RV Center and appreciate the feedback on areas of improvement. If there is more you would like to share, please reach out to recruiting@generalrv.com and we will respond promptly!

3. Join the General RV team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Okay

Nov 18, 2022 - Front Desk Receptionist in Dover, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy unskilled job, customers were usually excited

Cons

if you are not in a position that actively generates profit (support staff), you're not going to be paid vert well and your needs won't be taken into account.

Recruiting Operations Lead

This was helpful feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to share it. Also, If there is anything else that you feel would be helpful for us to know, please reach out to recruiting@generalrv.com and we will respond promptly. We wish you all the best in your next opportunity.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

has gone down holl

Nov 11, 2022 - SERVICE ADVISOR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Was great in the beginning. Felt family owned

Cons

policy changes and management changes made it hard to work for

6. 3.0
    Former Employee

Could be better

Sep 16, 2022 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

You’re only responsible for your own customers Great earnings during the seasonal sales period Huge inventory

Cons

Seasonal sales March through August. The rest of the year can be dead Management that’s not always supportive 1980s management attitude Expensive family benefits High pressure

Recruiting Operations Lead

Thank you for your detailed feedback. It's great to hear what you enjoyed and we appreciate the suggestions made. We wish you the best in your next opportunity.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Horrible place to work

Nov 15, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most employees are nice people.

Cons

Bad pay. Bad hours. They let go of people all the time for no reason. Sales managers don't do anything

Recruiting Operations Lead

Thank you for your feedback, although we wish we had more information regarding your experience. Commission based pay is not a fit for everyone, and we wish you the best in your next opportunity.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Stay Away....toxic ownership and management

Oct 10, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lets see...free food here and there.

Cons

The Sales Managers and Corporate Managers will suck the life out of you and tell you they actually care..false. You work open to close and are constantly told by management that you are lucky to work there. They still think that employees do not have a work choice. No work-life balance at all.

1 person found this review helpful

Recruiting Operations Lead

You feedback is appreciated although we wish you felt better about about your experience. Good luck in your next opportunity and please feel free to reach out to recruiting@generalrv.com with any further details.

9. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Just horrible

Oct 21, 2022 - Administrative in Ocala, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are amazing as long as they aren’t apart of the snitch clique

Cons

Everything. Backstabbing. Lies. Everything you can imagine to go wrong will.

1 person found this review helpful

Recruiting Operations Lead

Thank you for sharing. Comments and feedback like yours are used to look at what needs to be improved from an employee perspective. We always recommend speaking to your management, but you can also reach out to recruiting@generalrv.com if there is something you don't feel you can address through those channels.

10. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Worst company I have ever worked for.

Oct 30, 2022 - Receptionist in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

My checks were always on time.

Cons

-Low Pay. -They have no regard for what corporate wants. -Nepotism. -Sexism.

11. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Cult like

Oct 15, 2022 - Sales Associate in Birch Run, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Money can be good but very dependent on lots of factors out of your control.

Cons

Work life balance is nonexistent. Massive turnover on the sales floor. They chew you up and spit you out. See every sales person as a number that can easily be replaced.

Recruiting Operations Lead

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback. Sales can have a demanding schedule that will not work for everyone, and we appreciate your input. If there is anything else you would like to share, please reach out to recruiting@generalrv.com and we will respond promptly.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 122 Reviews
</>Embed

General RV Reviews FAQs

General RV has an overall rating of 2.3 out of 5, based on over 123 reviews left anonymously by employees. 30% of employees would recommend working at General RV to a friend and 39% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -22% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, General RV employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at General RV. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

30% of General RV employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated General RV 2.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.3 for culture and values and 2.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at General RV to be workplace, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be culture, career development, management.

Popular Careers with General RV Job Seekers