Generational Equity Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Generational Equity President Ryan Binkley
Ryan Binkley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Educating business owners on mergers and acquisitions (in 6 reviews)

• They also give you all the tools you need to be successful (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • This is purely telemarketing with redundancy targeting mid market small business owners (in 7 reviews)

• I wish the learning curve and performance bars in M&A were not quite so steep, but we are handling the most important transaction of our clients (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"One of the Best companies, Management you can work for"

Current Employee - Senior Business Advisor in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Business Advisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Generational Equity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love this company! I was excited to get the job offer as I've always been passionate about the financial services industry. I was sent for training in Dallas. I've been here for 9 months now. The company is full of really good people and we treat each other like family. Steve Wenneborg (Austin office) is an outstanding manager. He is full of wisdom and knows how to motivate me; he has profound knowledge not only with the industry, but also how to touch people and influence them. I had the opportunity to be coached by a manager from Dallas (even if I wasn't part of his team) who really helped me in a lot of ways. Christian N. is also an awesome motivator who will give you an instant boost with his passion when he speaks. When I was so sick one time, he got me water and checked on me to see if I was okay. To me that's a perfect example of a management that works together to ensure that everyone is motivated to work. I felt like I can talk to anyone, including the VP of Operations. He responds to emails if managers are not available.

This is a sales job. You can't expect the company to do the job for you. The people that do well in the company, the ones who earn 6 figure income, are the ones who are self-motivated, positive, relentless and know their craft. They work hard. The people who complain and whine and see negative things in almost every situation are the ones who don't rank.

If you see it as a hard job, that's what you will see. We always find what we're looking for. If you're looking for something bad you'll always find it, if you're looking for good things and choose to see good things you will find them.

Benefits are amazing. Generous PTO. Flexible schedule; you can start as early as 7:30 or as late as 9AM. On Fridays, if you do well you can get off at 1:30pm. They run spiffs almost every day; you get free lunch if you get a sale. The new Austin office is amazing. There are company get-togethers such as bowling etc. Christmas party is amazing, and they give you a $500 gift card.

I also find it rewarding to be able to talk to Business owners who have made it to the top of their careers. They inspire me to do better in my life. The information/education that Generational Equity provides to these owners is extremely valuable. You'll be amazed to find out that the higher the revenues are, the more likely they will understand the value of our services, and the easier the conversation is going to be.

I just wish that I could do more for the company. The better I do for them, the better I can provide for my kids.

Cons

I have really nothing negative to say. Every company has room for improvement. I just wish that the negative people who complain a lot will shut up and do their job. Every day is not glorious for sure. It's a sales job and like any other job, it's not always fun. It's a contact sport. You have to build the mental muscle to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Free up some jobs from the managers, so they can focus on coaching or developing SBA's. Most of them have been there for so many years, so it's not because they don't know what to say but just like bathing, motivation doesn't last.

"Best company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Business Advisor in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Business Advisor in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Generational Equity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best company I ever worked for. Great management from ownership on down. Treats employees like family and gives you all the tools you need to succeed. If you are looking for a great future where the sky is the limit, I highly recommend this company.

Cons

There are no cons. Great training, great people and the opportunity to be your best.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, the fantastic motivation and the innovative ways to always give the employees the opportunities to succeed.

"Friendly coworkers"

Current Employee - Senior Business Advisor
    Current Employee - Senior Business Advisor

I have been working at Generational Equity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great group of people in the call center

Cons

Extremely low commission rate vs what they charge the clients
    PTO policy recently changed, if you need to come in an hour late you can't make up the time, rather you get docked 4 hrs of PTO
    Two weeks off a year then an 1 additional day for each year you stay
    Low opportunity for advancment

Advice to Management

Your people are not machines, treat them as humans. Pay a commission on each and every show

4. "Not Bad Place"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Generational Equity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, good manager, great values

Cons

Fairly low pay for sales, 150+ cold/warm calls a day.

Advice to Management

New pay

"Sr Business Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Business Advisor in Sunrise, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Business Advisor in Sunrise, FL

I worked at Generational Equity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are decent and regional manager is pleasant.

Cons

Trying to earn a living.

Advice to Management

The call center needs a manager that understands his / her employee needs. Stop micro-managing.

6. "Seioir Business Advisor"

I have been working at Generational Equity full-time

Pros

I can simply state that during my life I have been employed for seven different TOP 50 FORTUNE companies up until the time that I started at Generational Equity just over two years ago. To be candid and succinct it's simply the best firm that I've ever had the pleasure of being employed at.
      In terms of office fairness, equal opportunity to succeed, and an honest work environment, this company has been second to none in my lifetime.
      I myself am probably the best example of this as for me it was where Opportunity Avenue criss-crossed Career Boulevard. The income that I've earned over the past two years simply given the opportunity to fairly utilize my work ethic, skill set and honesty has never paid off more handsomely in my entire career actually.
     Really simple as all you have to do is bring your A-game as I have thus achieving unprecedented success during my tenure at Generational Equity so far..
     I'm simply thinking that if I can do why not anyone else?...

Cons

Well, phone sales are inherently a grind and that's something that you simply have to deal with. Thank good God above for the breaks as it could get monotonous at times...

Advice to Management

Although you do indeed give credence by listening to your employees at times I simply wish it were a wee bit more...:)

"Small Business Advisor"

Former Employee - SBA in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - SBA in Addison, TX

I worked at Generational Equity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Generous PTO. Leads provided

Cons

Micro managed. After the classroom introduction training is non-existent. Zero lead management. Interaction and relationship with fellow employees discouraged by the tone.

Advice to Management

You have created a feeder system of leads where only a hand full of reps have a legitimate opportunity to make real money. Make an attempt to manage your leads or the gravy train will run out! The service of the meeting for exit strategy is TOP NOTCH! That is what keeps the company going. It thrives IN SPITE of the approach to fill them. Unless the process of booking the meeting specifically as applies to lead management is not addressed, this company has very choppy waters ahead.

"Dealmaker's viewpoint"

Current Employee - Managing Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Generational Equity full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I’ve been with Generational 10+ years handling mergers and acquisitions, and joining the firm was the best career decision I have made. My prior experience with Citigroup was great professionally, but in my opinion, it is a massive agnostic firm. Generational’s CEO cares deeply about the professional and spiritual development and health and well being of every associate, and recent enhancements to the executive team reflects this commitment.

Cons

M&A is amazing because almost everyone in the firm works directly with business owners. Every owner and business is unique, and you can learn something new every day. People that advance in this career develop a host of skills (sales, communications, accounting, finance, consulting, negotiations, etc, etc.), a breadth of knowledge, and apply what they know to help others. It’s not what you know, but what you do with what you know to serve others that matters. I wish the learning curve and performance bars in M&A were not quite so steep, but we are handling the most important transaction of our clients’ lives, and so it is true that this industry is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Continue to press for unity in our culture, positive change necessary for the future, and world class individual/company performance.

"Couldn't ask for a better company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Generational Equity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing leadership here at the company! They reflect true character and will do what is right for the clients. It's hard to find a company where the owner and other leadership share the same values when it comes to integrity.

Cons

I really don't have any negatives to add. Of course there are always areas in which to improve the company but the leadership is constantly trying to adapt a culture of excellence and with that comes change.

Advice to Management

Update CRM module to reflect all departments and communications. It would help tremendously.

"Golden Rule Company"

I have been working at Generational Equity full-time

Pros

GE cares about employees and client success. They have developed processes to ensure their success. Generosity is a core value lived by the executive team and it's owners. GE has prepared a strategic plan to make sure that there is growth in all areas. The culture rewards hard work and innovation. Has a diverse community which allows for great collaboration.

Cons

Selling a business is very complex process. The emotion and money aspects of the buyers/sellers demands the very best from every employee involved. Your A game will be needed everyday.

Advice to Management

Plan more offsite meetings.