Generational Equity Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Generational Equity President Ryan Binkley
Ryan Binkley

Pros
  • Educating business owners on mergers and acquisitions (in 5 reviews)

• GE gives its employees flexibility regarding hours worked and offers a great work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • This is purely telemarketing with redundancy targeting mid market small business owners (in 7 reviews)

• I wish the learning curve and performance bars in M&A were not quite so steep, but we are handling the most important transaction of our clients (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Excellent Opportunity"

Current Employee - SBA in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - SBA in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Generational Equity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is sincere, helpful, and seems to really care about the employees. Great overall atmosphere

Cons

The normal rejection that one might expect from any sales job. If you don't handle rejection well, it's not a good fit.

Advice to Management

Provide lunches more often instead of once a week to increase productivity

"Dealmaker's viewpoint"

Current Employee - Managing Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Generational Equity full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I’ve been with Generational 10+ years handling mergers and acquisitions, and joining the firm was the best career decision I have made. My prior experience with Citigroup was great professionally, but in my opinion, it is a massive agnostic firm. Generational’s CEO cares deeply about the professional and spiritual development and health and well being of every associate, and recent enhancements to the executive team reflects this commitment.

Cons

M&A is amazing because almost everyone in the firm works directly with business owners. Every owner and business is unique, and you can learn something new every day. People that advance in this career develop a host of skills (sales, communications, accounting, finance, consulting, negotiations, etc, etc.), a breadth of knowledge, and apply what they know to help others. It’s not what you know, but what you do with what you know to serve others that matters. I wish the learning curve and performance bars in M&A were not quite so steep, but we are handling the most important transaction of our clients’ lives, and so it is true that this industry is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Continue to press for unity in our culture, positive change necessary for the future, and world class individual/company performance.

"Small Business Advisor"

Former Employee - SBA in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - SBA in Addison, TX

I worked at Generational Equity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Generous PTO. Leads provided

Cons

Micro managed. After the classroom introduction training is non-existent. Zero lead management. Interaction and relationship with fellow employees discouraged by the tone.

Advice to Management

You have created a feeder system of leads where only a hand full of reps have a legitimate opportunity to make real money. Make an attempt to manage your leads or the gravy train will run out! The service of the meeting for exit strategy is TOP NOTCH! That is what keeps the company going. It thrives IN SPITE of the approach to fill them. Unless the process of booking the meeting specifically as applies to lead management is not addressed, this company has very choppy waters ahead.

"Couldn't ask for a better company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Generational Equity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing leadership here at the company! They reflect true character and will do what is right for the clients. It's hard to find a company where the owner and other leadership share the same values when it comes to integrity.

Cons

I really don't have any negatives to add. Of course there are always areas in which to improve the company but the leadership is constantly trying to adapt a culture of excellence and with that comes change.

Advice to Management

Update CRM module to reflect all departments and communications. It would help tremendously.

"SBA"

Current Employee - SBA in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - SBA in Austin, TX

I have been working at Generational Equity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Have top of the line managers that have done the job that have a true heart for your success. Daily spiffs/bonuses that add to a lucrative compensation if you can connect and make it work. Sales is the GIG and you are given a true database of opportunities. No drumming up your own leads like many similar organizations. Generational Equity obviously invests in those that come to work and put in a honest effort..

Cons

People, but what's new. I would say one out of four cannot sell and never should have took the job. These types complain too much for me, and I wish there was a way I could politely ask them to leave us positive types alone and just stop naysaying. It seems they bring others down and that would be great to see better managed.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your negative types that cant sell. They slime the producer types like me. That's what gives them a win...its all they can get while trudging through their dreadful day.

"Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Business Advisor in Austin, TX

Pros

I really don't have anything negative to say about the company. It's phone sales. The product is good, management is very understanding. The leads are hammered but that is any phone sales job you do.

Cons

Only con I can think of is once you get into a certain set of leads it is hard to move up. Very little negative to say about this company. I think the owners hearts are in the right place and they are very generous and understanding. If you fall flat on your face at this job it is because it is not for you. Not the easiest job in the world but it is what it is.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Arlington, TX

I worked at Generational Equity (More than a year)

Pros

Very good company great money

Cons

To should get paid even if clients show up to conference

Advice to Management

Great opportunity

"Current Generational Employee"

Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Generational Equity (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Market, Growth, Pay, Clients love the company. It's nice to work for a company that puts the customers interests first - few companies have good customer service these days.

Cons

Because of growth they could use more communications between departments sometimes. It takes time for new people to get up to speed.

Advice to Management

Keep leading with your integrity, nothing can ever be perfect.

"Future looks bright"

Current Employee - Seminar Leader in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Seminar Leader in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Generational Equity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generational Equity has a lot of positives. They have a great culture, uplifting, respect is shown, family time is respected, compensation is good with upside incentives, benefits are great, insurance and 401k plan is generous. Overall, it's a great place to work, lots of opportunities and the work environment is both fun and challenging. A big thing also is that they have an open door policy all the way up to the President which is good.

Cons

The company is growing rapidly so the biggest challenge seems to be staffing sometimes, which causes a heavy workload. Everyone is so busy so at times communication could at times be better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, make sure to hire the best people, and communicate often during our seasons of high growth.

"I love my job!"

Current Employee - Senior Business Advisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Generational Equity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I feel extremely blessed to work for a company that demonstrates integrity, character and heart in eveything thing they do. Management is amazing!! They have gone above and beyond to support me in not just my work life but my life in general. They also give you all the tools you need to be successful! Flexible start time is the best thing ever created!! I love getting off at 4pm and my day flies by. I found all the qualities in a company I had been looking for so I'm staying and planning to move up as my career at GE progresses! Great place to work.

Cons

I wouldn't change anything. It's perfect for me.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! Steve and Christian are the best! Ryan our CEO is also an amazing person with a huge heart! I appreciate and value everyone.