Cover image for Genesis Financial Solutions

Found 131 of over 142 reviews
40% Recommend to a Friend
62% Approve of CEO

Found 132 of over 142 reviews

Genesis Financial Solutions President  Bruce Weinstein  (no image)
Bruce Weinstein

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

2m

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

12 Comments

Finance

140.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Genesis Financial Solutions~30964
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Genesis Financial Solutions? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Genesis Financial Solutions employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work

Jan 17, 2023 - Senior Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

They definitely care about their employees. Pay is very good, benefits are very good too.

Cons

They are still figuring out some bugs in the core system.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Culture of Burnout and Underappreciation

Jan 23, 2023 - Unit Manager in Akron, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

The folks who reported to me were some of the kindest individuals I have ever had the pleasure of working with.

Cons

This is a deeply bitter review- I’m aware of this and it’s based on the experience that I had. One of my biggest regrets is referring anyone to work in this nightmare of an environment. They will absolutely run you into the ground. The area of the business that I worked in has decreased the managers from one to two and the workload has more than doubled. After this happened, they contacted me on bereavement leave because they do not know how to do functions of the role that are incredibly basic. The culture is incredibly toxic. My direct manager stopped speaking to me upon submitting my resignation and planned a full two hours to learn my job. They do not appreciate the scope of the workload that they ask, nor do they consider your needs when it is in opposition to their own. The conversion has been so poorly managed that the fallout is continuing to this day. Efforts to rebrand reflect the damage this company has done by refusing to place value in functioning systems and proper planning procedures. I have never seen a group of managers so woefully ill-prepared for the promotions that they have received. People are in positions based on who likes them instead of their skill sets and this continues the cycle of problems that are never resolved.

3 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Genesis Financial Solutions team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Watch Your Backs

Nov 12, 2022 - Assist Queue Representative in Beaverton, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overtime, paid holidays, floating holiday

Cons

PTO is not to be used only on vacation time. It’s used for sick time as well and if you call out and have PTO for being sick, it goes against you even tho you have the time to cover it. Don’t think of going on FMLA because this company doesn’t care because they still wrote you up and fire you even tho your job is supposed to be “protected”. They change what they tell you and other employees in a whim and don’t care that they do. For instance, if you fall below metrics, it doesn’t go against you if you have any write up for attendance and say in an email that it will be an “initial corrective action” and then turn around and fire you then say falling below goes hand in hand with attendance. They look for reasons to fire you and don’t give any chances to improve. They don’t give any help in helping you in areas you are “failing” in. The EEOC I has been contacted because of their practices and I gave the EEOC proof of everything.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee

Poor performing company

Jan 10, 2023 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to work from home Nice office

Cons

Upper management is disorganized, egocentric & not welcoming No job security - people come and go so frequently due to lay offs and some quitting due to toxic work environment Pretty much no training and very minimal guidance and support Be aware: there’s a reason why there are so many bad reviews from customers as well as employees The company is not doing well and a lot of is due to not setting their employees up for success.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place for Teamwork and Collaboration

Dec 14, 2022 - Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have felt engaged and part of the team since the first day I started Pay is competitive Lower management is very supportive Remote work

Cons

PTO offered is awful compared to literally everyone else I know

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not the Best for IT Professionals

Nov 29, 2022 - SQL Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

IT department has a lot of great people and the rest of the organization is very appreciative of the work you do.

Cons

There were constant changes and a very fast pace of growth. It was common get buried by the workload.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Dec 29, 2022 - Fraud Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, benefits, predictable steady hours

Cons

Not much room to move up

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company

Dec 20, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Akron, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company. I found the atMosphere good. Pay and benefits comparable to other jobs.

Cons

Some systems don’t always work

10. 1.0
    Former Employee

Very Cautic Enviroment

Jan 16, 2023 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote , Pay Salary, not alot more to say

Cons

Not very friendly environment, cautic , poor leadership , terminating visa employees without proper notice

11. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good stepping stone

Nov 29, 2022 - Partner Support Specialist in Akron, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Know schedule almost a month in advance.

Cons

Constant policy changes for partners. Training isnt completed at one time for all aspects of job leading to alot of transfers Xmas busy season 70/100 calls daily. Non busy lucky to get 20

Viewing 1 - 10 of 132 Reviews
</>Embed

Genesis Financial Solutions Reviews FAQs

Genesis Financial Solutions has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 142 reviews left anonymously by employees. 40% of employees would recommend working at Genesis Financial Solutions to a friend and 37% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Genesis Financial Solutions employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Genesis Financial Solutions. This rating has decreased by -13% over the last 12 months.

40% of Genesis Financial Solutions employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Genesis Financial Solutions 2.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Genesis Financial Solutions to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Genesis Financial Solutions Job Seekers