- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Oregon
- - Portland, OR Area
- - Portland, OR
- - Beaverton, OR
- - Tigard, OR
- - Illinois
- - Chicago, IL Area
- - Chicago, IL
- - Ohio
- - Akron, OH Area
- - Akron, OH
- - Fairlawn, OH
- - Cleveland, OH Area
- - Cleveland, OH
- - California
- - Los Angeles, CA Area
- - Costa Mesa, CA
- - Washington State
- - Seattle, WA Area
- - Everett, WA
Found 132 of over 142 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Commercial Customer Service Representative
What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.
Got a burning question about Genesis Financial Solutions? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Genesis Financial Solutions employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Some of the people are nice" (in 11 reviews)
- "Good benefits" (in 8 reviews)
- "Work from home or hybrid if you are local" (in 5 reviews)
- "I learned a lot at Genesis due to the demands of complexity and security in finance and had excellent support from my immediate manager and senior co" (in 4 reviews)
- "Great employees" (in 4 reviews)
- "Bad management" (in 10 reviews)
- "Upper management is disorganized, egocentric & not welcoming No job security" (in 5 reviews)
- "Non transparent, refusal to hire help, favoritism" (in 5 reviews)
- "Leadership is burnt out and exhausted, with little resources" (in 5 reviews)
- "Below average pay, total compensation." (in 4 reviews)
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jan 17, 2023 - Senior AccountantRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
They definitely care about their employees. Pay is very good, benefits are very good too.
They are still figuring out some bugs in the core system.
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Jan 23, 2023 - Unit Manager in Akron, OHRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The folks who reported to me were some of the kindest individuals I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
This is a deeply bitter review- I’m aware of this and it’s based on the experience that I had. One of my biggest regrets is referring anyone to work in this nightmare of an environment. They will absolutely run you into the ground. The area of the business that I worked in has decreased the managers from one to two and the workload has more than doubled. After this happened, they contacted me on bereavement leave because they do not know how to do functions of the role that are incredibly basic. The culture is incredibly toxic. My direct manager stopped speaking to me upon submitting my resignation and planned a full two hours to learn my job. They do not appreciate the scope of the workload that they ask, nor do they consider your needs when it is in opposition to their own. The conversion has been so poorly managed that the fallout is continuing to this day. Efforts to rebrand reflect the damage this company has done by refusing to place value in functioning systems and proper planning procedures. I have never seen a group of managers so woefully ill-prepared for the promotions that they have received. People are in positions based on who likes them instead of their skill sets and this continues the cycle of problems that are never resolved.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 12, 2022 - Assist Queue Representative in Beaverton, ORRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Overtime, paid holidays, floating holiday
PTO is not to be used only on vacation time. It’s used for sick time as well and if you call out and have PTO for being sick, it goes against you even tho you have the time to cover it. Don’t think of going on FMLA because this company doesn’t care because they still wrote you up and fire you even tho your job is supposed to be “protected”. They change what they tell you and other employees in a whim and don’t care that they do. For instance, if you fall below metrics, it doesn’t go against you if you have any write up for attendance and say in an email that it will be an “initial corrective action” and then turn around and fire you then say falling below goes hand in hand with attendance. They look for reasons to fire you and don’t give any chances to improve. They don’t give any help in helping you in areas you are “failing” in. The EEOC I has been contacted because of their practices and I gave the EEOC proof of everything.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Jan 10, 2023 - Project ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Ability to work from home Nice office
Upper management is disorganized, egocentric & not welcoming No job security - people come and go so frequently due to lay offs and some quitting due to toxic work environment Pretty much no training and very minimal guidance and support Be aware: there’s a reason why there are so many bad reviews from customers as well as employees The company is not doing well and a lot of is due to not setting their employees up for success.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Dec 14, 2022 - Software DeveloperRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I have felt engaged and part of the team since the first day I started Pay is competitive Lower management is very supportive Remote work
PTO offered is awful compared to literally everyone else I knowContinue reading
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Nov 29, 2022 - SQL EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
IT department has a lot of great people and the rest of the organization is very appreciative of the work you do.
There were constant changes and a very fast pace of growth. It was common get buried by the workload.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Dec 29, 2022 - Fraud AnalystRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Work from home, benefits, predictable steady hours
Not much room to move upContinue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Dec 20, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Akron, OHRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good company. I found the atMosphere good. Pay and benefits comparable to other jobs.
Some systems don’t always workContinue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Jan 16, 2023 - Project ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Remote , Pay Salary, not alot more to say
Not very friendly environment, cautic , poor leadership , terminating visa employees without proper notice
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 29, 2022 - Partner Support Specialist in Akron, OHRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Know schedule almost a month in advance.
Constant policy changes for partners. Training isnt completed at one time for all aspects of job leading to alot of transfers Xmas busy season 70/100 calls daily. Non busy lucky to get 20
Genesis Financial Solutions Reviews FAQs
Genesis Financial Solutions has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 142 reviews left anonymously by employees. 40% of employees would recommend working at Genesis Financial Solutions to a friend and 37% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
40% of Genesis Financial Solutions employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Genesis Financial Solutions 2.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.