Genesis HealthCare System (ohio) Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mathew Perry

1. "Medical Office Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zanesville, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zanesville, OH

I worked at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture is geared toward excellent patient care

Cons

The compensation is too low for area and responsibilities.

Advice to Management

more competitive salary in line with area and role.

2. "Certified Pharmacy Technician"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Zanesville, OH
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Zanesville, OH

Pros

Great department to work for compared to others (central pharmacy).

Cons

This department schedules you Inconsistent shifts.

3. "Manager's Review"

Former Employee - Manager in Zanesville, OH
    Former Employee - Manager in Zanesville, OH

I worked at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small hospital with many offsite locations allows for a close knit healthcare facility. Genesis uses the Epic EMR and it is amazing and easy to use.

Cons

Upper Management has too much power, does not value employees opinions; Managers spend WAY too much time in useless meetings that could have been resolved with an email.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to be more involved with frontline staff. Get to know them and their processes. Don't just make decisions so you can make a quick buck.

5. "central processing"

Current Employee - CRCST in Zanesville, OH
    Current Employee - CRCST in Zanesville, OH

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

local business. no commute, no bad weather driving

Cons

no set schedule, no set shifts

6. "Clinical director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio) full-time

Pros

It is a Nice place to work

Cons

I prefer to not work weekend and holidays

"Genesis Hospital"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Zanesville, OH

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I like that this hospital is becoming a Magnet hospital.

Cons

The other nurses. I dread going to work. I used to love to go to work. Now I don't even pic up shifts because they all just sit around and complain about the good nurses. While they just sit there with call lights going off. If you say something to them they rat you out to management and say you have an attitude.

"Working as PCT / MST"

Former Employee - Mst in Zanesville, OH
    Former Employee - Mst in Zanesville, OH

I worked at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great insurance benefits - handy to have your bill deducted from paycheck.
    Pay is good for this part of Ohio.
    Very flexible schedules.
    Love, love, love 12hr shifts. Gives extra days off.

Cons

Self-evaluation process can actually allow you to hang yourself should you not meet goals that the company or yourself have set for the calendar year. You may miss out on getting a raise.
    Transferring from one dept/job to another is rumored to be muddied in the way that your current manager can request HR not allow you to transfer to the new dep/job. The employee may not be informed that their request has been blocked.
    However, should you earn a degree, transferring is no problem as you will not qualify to work in your previous position.

9. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Zanesville, OH
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Zanesville, OH

I worked at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio) part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with and for. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to work in a team environment. Benefits are also very good compared to other places I have worked.

Cons

I think that sometimes some of the policies were a little to rigid and I also think that there could be better staff to patient ratios for safety and care reasons.

Advice to Management

Overall I think it is a good place to work. I think better communication with staff and praise when things go right would go along way.

"Horrible place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Zanesville, OH

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are very many smart compassionate employees who really care about the patients. I work with many nice and caring people.

Cons

I would advise anyone to say away from this place! The insurance is very expensive and covers very little. Of course you must use their Hospital and doctors. The medical staff is sub par, but treated as royalty. The Hospital is old, dirty and the equipment is very outdated. They time off policy is a joke. They don't even offer bereavement, you have to use your vacation. You can't even use the time off policy because they are so understaffed.You are constantly expected to stay many hours over your shift with no extra compensation. I do have a family and struggle to find a sitter who will watch my children 16 hours a day. Can't afford an in home nanny. I don't work in management.
    There is little communication from management .Policies are interpreted at the discretion of each department manager always to their benefit. Don't ever question a doctor, even if the outcome could be bad for the patient you will be fired. Employees are to bow down to every physcian because they bring in revenue. It's all about the mighty dollar. The new CEO has cut benefits and raises so he can make a name for himself by building a new hospital. Management knows they don't have to treat you fairly because there are many nursing schools in the area, and plenty of new grads to take your job if you quit or get fired. The morale is so low and everyone is constantly complaining. With the tight job market they have no choice. No compassion for employees or patients. Management doesn't know how to manage finances. Poorly run and always in the red. I would not go there for medical treatment of any kind even though I work there.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as human beings! If you build a new facility at the expense of your employees you have built nothing. Your employees make it what it is.

11. "Family away from family, Even though I do not work directly w/ patients, my compassion is shown from within the kichen."

Current Employee - Food Service Associate in Zanesville, OH
    Current Employee - Food Service Associate in Zanesville, OH

Pros

Genesis offers alot of benefits, you earn PTO(Paid Time Off) that you can use for persnal use or have doc app.. You feel like you belong like the managements really values your abilities and accomplishments Also you can chose between 3 medical plans that best suits your needs. We live the Genesis mission and are proud to be chosen as one ogf the Top 100 hospitals. we have acheived alot.

Cons

Sometimes you may not get a day off for a week or more.

Advice to Management

I think that the management offers more feedback to their employees now than in years passed. Every milestone we develope or accomplish the management is having open forums, putting info in the connections. I am proud of what you all have accomplished.