Genesis HealthCare "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Genesis HealthCare Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Sep 18, 2019

2.9
Genesis HealthCare CEO George V. Hager Jr.
George V. Hager Jr.
Pros
  • "Good Pay and Benefits, Time Off(in 41 reviews)

• "Great team work in our department(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • "The upper management needs to be more flexible(in 87 reviews)

• "Large corporations can some times be impersonal for patient care(in 60 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"Awesome"

Former Employee - CNA in Greenville, RI

I worked at Genesis HealthCare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A great place to work for I worked for this company for 5 years and everyone was like family even the residents become your family. I loved coming to work every day and I never had a job like that in my life. They treat all residents like their own one of the greatest nursing homes in RI.

Cons

The management and pay they don't take to many things seriously some things were out of line at times I was being harassed by one employee and they did nothing not one thing grievance after grievance and nothing was done . I was treated like total poo by this one upper management this one particular management even treat at the residence like poop and not one thing was done so I had to resign my position and go to... another facility.

Advice to Management

Take what employees are saying seriously listen and take action to all situations.

Genesis HealthCare2016-10-12

"It is a paycheck"

Current Employee - Medicaid Eligibility Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It is a paycheck.

Cons

I have worked for this company for 12 years. To see how radically it has changed, in a negative way, over the last 5 years is heartbreaking. When I joined the company in 2007, I for sure thought I found a company I could devote my years too. They truly cared for our patients and the employees and you felt the appreciation from upper management. You felt supported by corporate support and wanted to go above and... beyond in your role. Ever since the company expanded and purchased more facilities, the care they provided and the benefits they offered have suffered. Genesis has expanded and continues to expand with no regard of how this affects there employees . For the last 3 years they have slashed benefits in half. They have frozen raises for the last 3 years, no longer match 401K benefits, cancelled disability/ maternity benefits, offer the worst insurance plan options, cancelled Christmas parties, no bonuses, etc. Genesis has also eliminated so many positions over the years. In doing this, they have overwhelmed the current staff, who now have to pick up those extra task from the eliminated positions, with no increase of wage or bonus. Corporate support now refer to themselves as "Consultants". They have their own agendas; it like you guys do not work for the same company. I use to be happy at work and feel appreciated by Genesis. Unfortunately, that has changed to feeling stressed, over whelmed, over worked, discouraged and unappreciated.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff in your centers. I understand you will not be able to make everyone happy but it is not okay to ignore us completely. Keep in mind that every is facility is different. The same plan used at one center MAY NOT work at another. Keep the demographics in mind. Visit your centers more. Constantly working from your home office keeps you out of touch with reality of " Center Life". This would... eliminate some of the redundant policies and keep goals realistic. I have worked in the Business Office my entire 12 years and we are constantly being overwhelmed with UN-REALISTIC expectations. IE. 72 Hour Financial Meetings policy should have been given to the admission dept. or a position should have been created for that task. At this point, the business is constantly being scrutinized about this task that was thrown on our department WITHOUT elimination any other task. Just 1 example of how were are being overwhelmed.

Genesis HealthCare2019-09-10
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Terrible"

Former Employee - Director of Rehabilitation in Chicago, IL

I worked at Genesis HealthCare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Met good co workers and patients

Cons

Poor upper management and works you to the core with no benefits

Genesis HealthCare2019-09-18

"Horrific!"

Former Employee - Irrelevant in Springfield, VT

I worked at Genesis HealthCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are none... just when you think there is something to look forward to, it's gone.

Cons

Where to start... The management team is horrible!! The staff turnover is gigantic and mostly because upper management likes to play favorites and does not follow any of the company's mission and vision statements. Nothing is done fairly within the staff. Employees are treated differently depending on who they're friends with. Their culture and values are in the toilet and have no regard for anyone but... themselves... including patients and patient care.

Advice to Management

QUIT!!!

Genesis HealthCare2019-09-04
  6. "Salary"

Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor

I worked at Genesis HealthCare full-time

Pros

They offer a lot of benefits

Cons

The upper management needs to be more flexible.

Genesis HealthCare2019-02-23

"Run, don't walk, away from this company!"

Former Employee - Management in Hampton, NH

I worked at Genesis HealthCare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company has many locations in the state of NH

Cons

Severly and dangerously understaffed, upper management does nothing about very violent residents resulting in staff assaults almost daily, many many medication errors, targeted terminations, and bad staff go undisciplined. Pay rates are on the lower spectrum and the benefits are not the greatest.

Advice to Management

Term facility upper management and start over with people who are willing to work with the policies put in place by corporate instead of hand picking the policies that suit you at the time. I watched the administrator keep a violent and threatening staff member because the building is short staffed but term a great nurse because she wasn't popular with management. Doesn't make business sense. I wish there was a... way to give negative stars!

Genesis HealthCare2019-03-02
  8. "Occupational therapist"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare for more than 8 years

Pros

Facility close to home

Cons

Upper management not in touch with the needs of staff in the facilities.

Advice to Management

Area managers need more training on how to deal with facility needs

Genesis HealthCare2018-12-17
  9. "CNA"

Current Employee - CNA in New Port Richey, FL

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of upper management listen. Some of the nursing staff are great.

Cons

Have no supplies to care properly for our long term residents. They used to supply the staff that can't wear the cheap gloves they buy, with gloves for sensitive hands, they decided not to supply us with them. Housekeeping do NOT do their job, all the rooms in long term care are dirty and sticky. We do NOT have the bedding, towels and wash clothes for our residents. Residents complain and upper management does not... listen.

Advice to Management

Think about our residents! Listen to your residents and staff on how you are running this place. As of this point I would not recommend anyone to come to this facility!

Genesis HealthCare2018-11-15
  10. "LPTA"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I work with an excellent core staff. Computerized Documentation.

Cons

Poorly staffed, wants you to travel at times to get hours, NO RAISE in 4 years, poor communication with upper management,

Advice to Management

Provide staff with training, provide bonuses and incentives for current employees

Genesis HealthCare2018-09-29

"Could be worse"

Former Employee - Memory Care Director

I worked at Genesis HealthCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good health insurance program, discounts on phone bill and other services, room for advancement

Cons

Salary/wage freezes, took away a holiday & personal day to save money, poor communication from upper management and corporate, poor training

Advice to Management

Communicate better. Train your employees. When someone asks for help & advice don’t blow them off.

Genesis HealthCare2018-09-10