KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Genesis Healthcare

Engaged Employer

Genesis Healthcare

Add a Review

Genesis Healthcare Employee Reviews about "genesis"

Updated Nov 9, 2021

Found 91 of over 1,321 reviews

2.9
Genesis Healthcare Interim CEO and Executive Chairman of the Board David Harrington (no image)
David Harrington

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Genesis Healthcare and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "genesis"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

Jul 16, 2021 - Legal Executive Assistant in Wilmington, DE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful company atmosphere. Work-family life balance.

Cons

The healthcare industry is struggling and Genesis is reorganizing.

Genesis Healthcare Response

Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Genesis employees are the vital link between our patients and residents. We appreciate your kind review.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

CNA

Nov 9, 2021 - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Genesis puts an emphasis on enhancing clinical skills, developing leadership capabilities, and providing strong foundations for career development. Whilst being in school, Genesis has given me opportunities to shadow Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants with the goal of helping me advance in my future. Their focus on the employees and their future endeavors has been the most appealing quality the company displays.

Cons

Many healthcare facilities are currently facing the same problem right now. Short staffing is extremely difficult not only for the employees but also for the patients. Employee turnout is low so you’re often picking up multiple patients in order to pick up the slack.

Continue reading
  3. 4.0
    Current Contractor

I have been a nurse for 16 years, 13 years as a LPN and 3 years as an RN.

Oct 1, 2021 - Register Nurse in Sebring, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Genesis is a good place to work; we are able to use the workplace link to self-educate.

Cons

Usually, we are working Short-staffed due to increased employees call-out.

Continue reading
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Less than ideal, not a great experience

Oct 11, 2021 - Physical Therapist Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good patients, adequate supplies to treat patients. Depending on which site you’re at, the teams can be a blast to work with or… a nightmare. Not the worst company to work for in healthcare by any means but, standards are already quite low.

Cons

Had to fight tooth and nail for a small raise in 3.5 years. Company has been on a “raise freeze” for over a decade it seems. Forced to go the extra mile without seeing a bump in pay. Employees overworked and understaffed all around the valley with severe detachments of executives from the clinicians and other Genesis staff treating and working on site. Money is the bottom line as it is for all healthcare companies.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Former Employee

Avoid at all costs

Nov 7, 2021 - Staffing Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had great coworkers on my team

Cons

The management at Genesis was horrible. Our manager was a micromanager. I am not sad to have gotten laid off.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0
    Former Freelancer

MLT (Silvis Core Lab)

Jul 13, 2021 - Medical Laboratory Technician I (MLT) in Bettendorf, IA
    Business Outlook

Pros

worked with a couple of optimistic people that were also helpful in various scenarios.

Cons

I worked 2nd shift at the core lab in Silvis, IL. the core lab received specimens from many neighboring towns in Iowa and Illinois. Since local clinics in these rural areas would close around 5, many of these specimens would come mid afternoon, right around when 2nd shift started. because of this timing, 2nd shift routine lab work was probably the busiest shift to work (hundreds of of specimen drop offs every hour for all departments) , which could get extremely overwhelming, on top of specimens that were STAT from within the hospital. There would be many errors, in which some specimens would not be resulted until way later due to barcode read errors, instrumentation/QC issues, etc. In my personal experience, 1st shift would write up 2nd shifters for missing specimens, and 3rd shifters seemed not as grateful for cleaning up the pending list (although they took on many 1st shift responsibilities that would occupy most of their time). Management changed, in which was not well received from 2nd shift, as certain issues would be discussed from 2nd shift to management with little action to solution. I should mention that the core lab is technically managed and run by Labcorp, and not genesis, which makes lab employees at SIlvis technically labcorp employees. Also during the COVID-19 pandemic, things became even more difficult. The only thing was that I was lucky enough to have made a couple of friends that made the time go by easier. Lead techs on all shifts are quick to write you up for the simplest mistakes in order to save themselves rather than brainstorm on possible solutions or discussing advice to prevent such simple mistakes. I do not recommend 2nd shift (or any shift) lab at genesis core lab in Silvis, IL. It was the key factor for my career change.

7. 2.0
    Current Employee

A company too large to fail

Jun 15, 2021 - Reimbursement Analyst in Kennett Square, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Corporate office located in KS is beautiful. Work life balance is very good.

Cons

This company is so bad at prioritizing their spending they were called out by congress. If you are thinking about working for Genesis at the corporate level I would highly suggest you look at their financial statements from before 2020. As of 2021 they have had 2 major layoffs in about the past 5 years. Cons would definitely be they couldn't pay their debts leading to a loss of over 1/3 of their business, while giving their former CEO millions of dollars, and needing to have a massive layoff.

3 people found this review helpful

Genesis Healthcare Response

Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our employees are the vital link between our patients and residents. We value your review.

8. 1.0