Cover image for Genesis Healthcare

Genesis Healthcare

Engaged Employer

Genesis Healthcare

Add a Review

Genesis Healthcare Employee Reviews about "hour"

Updated Jan 27, 2023

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 1,363 of over 1K reviews
43% Recommend to a Friend
37% Approve of CEO

Found 5 of over 1K reviews

Genesis Healthcare Interim CEO and Executive Chairman of the Board David Harrington (no image)
David Harrington

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

5h

an

Adjunct Faculty Member

So I’ve been thinking about a career change to nursing . I am a former surgical technician that moved up the healthcare ranks and received a PhD in public health -epidemiology. I’ve been thinking about transitioning into nursing to obtain a BSN and possibly a MSN. I hang up has been that my science courses are more than 7 years old and I do not want to retake them. Anyone know of any schools that do not require the sciences courses to be within the last 5-7 years?

4 Comments

Healthcare

126.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Genesis Healthcare~33727
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Genesis Healthcare? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Genesis Healthcare employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Genesis Healthcare and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "hour"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Poor Employee Support

Mar 12, 2019 - Physical Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a contract worker, hiring was quick and efficient.

Cons

No time was set aside for even a brief orientation. I was handed an iPad, told to set up my account by spending an hour on the phone with tech support, and then given my schedule for the day. I wasn't shown around the facility, introduced to other staff, or given guidance with specifics of the facility. There was no management at the site, so schedules were done by people who had no idea what the caseload looked like or who had an idea of a patient's situation. Hours were inconsistent - some days would be 4 hours of patient care while others were up to 11 hours. Overall, company was looking to make as much money as possible and had no interest in patient care.

2. 2.0
    Former Freelancer

MLT (Silvis Core Lab)

Jul 13, 2021 - Medical Laboratory Technician I (MLT) in Bettendorf, IA
    Business Outlook

Pros

worked with a couple of optimistic people that were also helpful in various scenarios.

Cons

I worked 2nd shift at the core lab in Silvis, IL. the core lab received specimens from many neighboring towns in Iowa and Illinois. Since local clinics in these rural areas would close around 5, many of these specimens would come mid afternoon, right around when 2nd shift started. because of this timing, 2nd shift routine lab work was probably the busiest shift to work (hundreds of of specimen drop offs every hour for all departments) , which could get extremely overwhelming, on top of specimens that were STAT from within the hospital. There would be many errors, in which some specimens would not be resulted until way later due to barcode read errors, instrumentation/QC issues, etc. In my personal experience, 1st shift would write up 2nd shifters for missing specimens, and 3rd shifters seemed not as grateful for cleaning up the pending list (although they took on many 1st shift responsibilities that would occupy most of their time). Management changed, in which was not well received from 2nd shift, as certain issues would be discussed from 2nd shift to management with little action to solution. I should mention that the core lab is technically managed and run by Labcorp, and not genesis, which makes lab employees at SIlvis technically labcorp employees. Also during the COVID-19 pandemic, things became even more difficult. The only thing was that I was lucky enough to have made a couple of friends that made the time go by easier. Lead techs on all shifts are quick to write you up for the simplest mistakes in order to save themselves rather than brainstorm on possible solutions or discussing advice to prevent such simple mistakes. I do not recommend 2nd shift (or any shift) lab at genesis core lab in Silvis, IL. It was the key factor for my career change.

3. Join the Genesis Healthcare team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee

Long Term Care Nursing Home

May 3, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

12 hour shifts, routine with residents, decent benefits

Cons

short staffed at times, some assignments are heavy

Continue reading
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

High turnover with staff.

Sep 15, 2020 - CNA/GNA
    Business Outlook

Pros

8 hour shifts, scheduled lunch breaks

Cons

Always short staffed, no support from management

Continue reading

Genesis Healthcare Response

Marketing Specialist

We thank you for your feedback. To report issues of concern, please contact our Genesis Reach Out Line at 1-800-893-2094. This confidential line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Concerns are investigated and addressed by our compliance department.

6. 4.0
    Former Intern, more than 1 year

Cook

Feb 10, 2017 - Cook in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, great work environment, perfect 8 hour work day.

Cons

None I could think of

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 Reviews