Cover image for Genesis Healthcare

Genesis Healthcare

Engaged Employer

Genesis Healthcare

Add a Review

Genesis Healthcare Employee Reviews about "no 401k match"

Updated Oct 6, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 1,493 of over 1K reviews
43% Recommend to a Friend
38% Approve of CEO

Found 33 of over 1K reviews

Genesis Healthcare Interim CEO and Executive Chairman of the Board David Harrington (no image)
David Harrington

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

2h

a

Nurse Practitioner

NP in private practice 2 years in a row no raise. Schedule is full, cover on call, and even work Saturdays. Collections are $300k base salary is $123k benefited. Expensive metro base wage has fallen below other full time positions. With the extra call, coverage, and hospital rounding I make about $147,000. Manager said “asked at a worse time for a raise. New owners, we are moving offices, and the medical maternity leave of you co workers, you deserve one but I can’t.” Start looking?

1 Comment

Healthcare

127.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Genesis Healthcare~33727
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Genesis Healthcare? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Genesis Healthcare employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Genesis Healthcare and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "no 401k match"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

PTA

Jul 29, 2017 - PTA in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Utilizing skills to make lives greater.

Cons

No advancement opportunity or raises. No match for 401K

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Review

Jul 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility to work from home. Great people. Get to help our senior citizens everyday. Adequate health benefits

Cons

No 401k match No cost of living increases Bonuses tied to company financials not merit Gender bias Limited advancement opportunities

Marketing Specialist

Genesis believes operating with integrity is extremely important, and hence, we treat all concerns seriously and handle with sensitivity. To report issues of concern, please contact our Genesis Reach Out Line at 1-800-893-2094. This confidential line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

3. Join the Genesis Healthcare team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Genesis Healthcare is a great place to work!

Nov 12, 2019 - Human Resources Manager in Kennett Square, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Genesis appreciates their employees, they hold multiple employee appreciation events through out the year. They offer flexible schedules and foster open communication.

Cons

The benefits are expensive and the Company does not match 401 K contributions.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

All good

Jul 12, 2018 - Maintenance
    Business Outlook

Pros

we are all treated fairly and genesis is willing to do what it takes to survive the situation s that all nursing homes are facing at this time

Cons

would love to see the 401K match done on a regular schedule not just once in awhile or not at all

6. 3.0
    Current Employee

Ojay

Aug 1, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are no pros with my current job

Cons

Don't match 401k No vacation time until after 1 year

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good Company to work for

Dec 13, 2019 - Specialist-Lead Platform in Kennett Square, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive Pay, good benefits, friendly people to work for that actually are and ask how you and your family are doing and actually mean it.

Cons

No 401k match but as they are buying back their buildings so hopefully that will change in the near future.

Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Genesis employees are the vital link between our patients and residents. We appreciate your kind review.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Seasoned Employee Viewpoint

Oct 1, 2019 - Manager in Kennett Square, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Longevity/Stability in industry when many other similar size companies in this industry have folded. Genesis is committed to operating with integrity, is patient focused, and offers a family-like atmosphere even for a company this size (about 70K employees). The work is rewarding even if you are not a direct patient care giver. Career advancement and opportunities abound. Employee recognition picnics held throughout the company. I've been with the company for 18 years!

Cons

Unlike other businesses that can charge market prices for goods and services, the long-term care industry is highly regulated and cannot. Therefore if government reimbursements (revenue) are cut, expenses must be curtailed. This scenario has led to static wages and removal of the 401K match for employees. The industry is cyclical with a trend to a more positive state which will improve employee wage and benefit plans.

1 person found this review helpful

Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your positive review! Genesis employees are our most valuable resource. Through the talents and extraordinary dedication that our employees bring to their jobs each and every day, they make it possible to achieve our mission of providing high-quality healthcare and everyday compassion.

9. 2.0