KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Genesis Healthcare

Is this your company?

Genesis Healthcare

Add a Review

Genesis Healthcare Employee Reviews about "patient care"

Updated Apr 29, 2021

Found 21 of over 1,186 reviews

2.9
Genesis Healthcare Interim CEO and Executive Chairman of the Board David Harrington (no image)
David Harrington
Pros
  • "Genesis is a good place to work; we are able to use the workplace link to self-educate(in 51 reviews)

• "Team work environment is amazing(in 26 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There are no downsides to working at Genesis(in 50 reviews)

• "Long Term Care residents essential do not matter when they are scheduling LNAs to care for these people(in 48 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Genesis Healthcare and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "patient care"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0

4 stars

Dec 1, 2020 - Licensed Practical Nurse in Egg Harbor Township, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Structure, policy and procedures clear

Cons

Pay Rate, removing a lot of positions that help with patient care ie admissions nurse, combining educator with infection control

Marketing Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Please know that Genesis leadership is committed to our patients, residents, employees and shareholders and are aware of the impact decisions will have on each of them.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee

Was happy to find other employment

Apr 29, 2021 - Occupational Therapist in Lebanon, NH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers, location, hours, good boss,

Cons

Environment, pay, work load, poor patient care

3. 1.0
      Former Employee

de

Jan 11, 2021 - LNA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, fast paced environment

Cons

extremely short staffed, which is evident in patient care

Marketing Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Your input is critical for Genesis to improve our operations. To report a concern, please contact our Compliance Department at Reachout@genesishcc.com so we can further investigate.

4. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Horrible place to work and no patients should be allowed

Nov 20, 2020 - CNA/GNA in Lutherville Timonium, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Trained on what NOT to do

Cons

Patient care is none existent. Residents wait hours for pain meds. RN are way to confrontational and can care less about residents everyone has a attitude

Marketing Specialist

Thank you for sharing your concern. At Genesis, we pride ourselves on providing compassionate care to our patients and residents in a positive work environment. To report a concern, please contact our Compliance Department at Reachout@genesishcc.com so we can further investigate.

5. 1.0
      Current Employee

Probably the worst company I have ever worked for.

Aug 23, 2020 - Physical Therapist Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

They are everywhere and make up a large portion of the available job market

Cons

PTO must be submitted 6 months in advance to only be approved within the month of expected PTO date PTO is awarded on a regional level, what this means is I might not be able to use my PTO because Jane at a completely different building is taking it and if I do to it might effect their profit as a company They refer to a facility as the customer and not the patient There big is use it to bully their employees HR issues are handled through electronic communication and there are no longer HR personnel assigned to an area, which mean they may be unfamiliar with local laws/guidelines (like state unemployment definitions) There are questionable ethics issues. Last time someone called "The State" because of questionable care at a facility the entire team was educated on why needed to keep our customer(facility) happy despite patient care and safety. Then was hypocritical about how to handle the situation again. ....

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Keep looking forward!

Jan 3, 2020 - Clinical Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been at this facility for a long time. I've been through a lot of ups and downs with the company. I will say that I see much improvement with our new administrator, Stacy Omar. She is positive and tries her best to help solve issues at hand. Concerns brought to her seem to get resolved within a timely fashion. She is professional and I am glad to be part of her team. There are also various other employees I genuinely love to work with.

Cons

I feel the company should be more directed towards patient care. The patient ratio at times is unrealistic in order to provide good, quality care to every patient.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Horrific!

Sep 4, 2019 - Irrelevant in Springfield, VT
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are none... just when you think there is something to look forward to, it's gone.

Cons

Where to start... The management team is horrible!! The staff turnover is gigantic and mostly because upper management likes to play favorites and does not follow any of the company's mission and vision statements. Nothing is done fairly within the staff. Employees are treated differently depending on who they're friends with. Their culture and values are in the toilet and have no regard for anyone but themselves... including patients and patient care.

5 people found this review helpful

8. 3.0
      Current Employee

It could be better, could be worse

Apr 2, 2019 - Physical Therapist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome coworkers, nicer-than-some facilities

Cons

Company’s priorities are completely skewed. Only care about money, not patient care and not about employee satisfaction

Marketing Specialist

Genesis believes operating with integrity is extremely important, and hence, we treat all concerns seriously and handled with sensitivity. To report issues of concern, please contact our Genesis Reach Out Line at 1-800-893-2094. This confidential line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

9. 1.0