Cover image for Genesis Healthcare

Genesis Healthcare

Engaged Employer

Genesis Healthcare

Add a Review

Genesis Healthcare Employee Reviews about "pay"

Updated Feb 5, 2023

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 1,374 of over 1K reviews
43% Recommend to a Friend
35% Approve of CEO

Found 337 of over 1K reviews

Genesis Healthcare Interim CEO and Executive Chairman of the Board David Harrington (no image)
David Harrington

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

134.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Genesis Healthcare~33727
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Genesis Healthcare? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Genesis Healthcare employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Genesis Healthcare and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "pay"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

I can't imagine what would it would take for me leave!

Nov 11, 2019 - Project Manager in Kennet Sq, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management is supportive and promote career growth and education. Staff feedback is encouraged and exceptional efforts recognized. I am able to work remotely as needed. My pay is very competitive and I actually find it a challenge to use all of my PTO. I have worked at Genesis 20+ years...that speaks for itself, I think.

Cons

Health plan is fair to good. I am not a clinical professional so there is a lack of career advancement opportunity for me.

Marketing Specialist

Current Employee - Project Manager, thank you so much for the positive review!

2. 1.0
    Former Employee

Don’t Work Here—Pay is Low

Aug 29, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice boss is the only thing

Cons

Stressful and overworked because they don’t hire enough (because they pay is terrible and nobody wants to take the jobs) High turnover No way to advance or be promoted Healthcare benefits are terrible and expensive, no 401k match If you leave, there is no vacation time payout. So you lose all of your accrued vacation time/money. Bad business. Health care companies are a joke! Corporate is incompetent and doesn’t help you with dealing with anything They don’t care about their employees. They care more about the money they can make off patients than they do about employees. Employees get second- hand smoke from patients who the company let smoke on the property. How can you be a health care company and do that? They let crazy people work here and the ones who are really crazy stay there forever

3. Join the Genesis Healthcare team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Profits over People

Feb 7, 2021 - Payroll Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Job security for those willing to comply with their corruption

Cons

Careless. Will lie, cheat and steal before being accountable for their corner-cutting. Hire enough nurses to care for your patients. Pay the nurses a competitive wage instead of lying to health regulators and adjusting nursing hours to pass inspection.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

My time here at Genesis

Nov 20, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Kennet Sq, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly, helpful, easy to get along with coworkers. Managers listen and work with employees with issues and problems both work and personal.

Cons

In the past six years of me working here there has only been pay raises and both were very small.

Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Genesis employees are the vital link between our patients and residents. We appreciate your kind review.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

A company that does not care about either residents or staff.

Sep 3, 2021 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can't think of anything good about them. Corporate greed is their drivng force.

Cons

Very little PTO Fired people for declining their recently mandated clot shot and then did not give them their final pay on time. Always trying to find ways to cheat CMS for services that were not rendered.

Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. When decisions are made by Genesis senior leadership, there are many considerations. We take into account the impact on employees as well as the patients and residents that we serve

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Enlightening, fulfilling and a joy

Aug 26, 2013 - Activities Assistant in Middletown, RI
    Business Outlook

Pros

To communicate better and show more respect and care for the value of their employees

Cons

Pay is not conducive for the work employees do and and no respect for employees private life and plans they make on days off

8. 3.0
    Current Employee

Not valued by corporation

Nov 21, 2022 - Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

My co-workers are great and that is why I have stayed at this job.

Cons

The company does not value its employees and hires travelers at a much higher pay rate than the full time employees. The full time employees don't get raises because they company can't afford it, but they can afford to hire travelers instead of retaining their full time employees.

9. 5.0