Cover image for Genesis Healthcare

Genesis Healthcare

Engaged Employer

Genesis Healthcare

Add a Review

Genesis Healthcare Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Nov 15, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 1,495 of over 1K reviews
43% Recommend to a Friend
36% Approve of CEO

Found 46 of over 1K reviews

Genesis Healthcare Interim CEO and Executive Chairman of the Board David Harrington (no image)
David Harrington

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

1d

a

Senior Patient Access Representive

Looking for HR advice! Been with company for 14 years, never a write up , I went into the accessible file drive to see about what holiday I was working NYE or NYDand saw something that should have been in locked mode. It was our new schedule, everyone had to change , company going in new direction. I mentioned to coworkers that I saw something that I shouldn’t have seen and our new work schedule was exposed and some got what they wanted and others did not. Never told them what i saw ..

3 Comments

Healthcare

135.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Genesis Healthcare~33727
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Genesis Healthcare? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Genesis Healthcare employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Genesis Healthcare and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Former Employee

OK place to work

Sep 14, 2010 - Dietary Aide
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexibilty with work schedule and time off of work decent pay with biannual raises friendly environment to work in laid back

Cons

no room for advancement not enough hours available schedule changes too often job does not provide credits for uniform purchases

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Administration does not support nursing. Supervisors are unprofessional and mistreat employees

Dec 15, 2012 - Registered Nurse in West Chester, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cant think of a good reason to work there. Its a very hostile and negative work environment.

Cons

Pay is low, employees are not treated with any repect. Residents are ignored by nursing staff due to pressure from administration and supervisors. Constant employee turnover. Employees are fired if they report misconduct by supervisors.

5 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Genesis Healthcare team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Freelancer

Feb 28, 2021 - Nursing Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

good environment for work I l love it

Cons

salary is poor. Don't pay good

Marketing Specialist

We value your input and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. At Genesis, we review our compensation and benefit offerings on a regular basis.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Professional

Oct 21, 2020 - Bookkeeper in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work environment is face-paced and welcoming

Cons

Staffing is always scarce and hours are demanding

Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Genesis employees are the vital link between our patients and residents. We appreciate your kind review.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

CNA

Sep 12, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a very clean work environment

Cons

Pay is not very good

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Anonymous review

Aug 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Cape May, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The building is nice and the location is lovely. Activities are good. Some staff are caring, others are arrogant and rude. Rehab dept is very good.

Cons

Staff are over worked. Nursing has no time for individual attention including time to take patients to the toilet, bathe more than twice a week, or follow thru with restorative nursing plans though they document that they do. Patients often complain that the food is terrible. Administration is often disrespectful and condescending. Administration is infamous for blaming and accuses first and asks questions only if confronted, with no self reflection for their dysfunction. Benefits are bad. Genesis is money driven and employee satisfaction is at the bottom of their list of priorities. Not a team work environment and a very difficult place to work! I do not recommend it.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work!

Apr 6, 2022 - Nurse Manager in Greenville, RI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great upbeat work environment Friendly staff Helpful admin. Move up easily over time with experience and excellence Recognition of hard work and achievement Great training via staff and internet zoom programs

Cons

Overworked in management =high burnout rate. Staffing shortages with little to no compensation to existing overworked staff. Constant cuts in corporate with no increase in pay to existing lower level employees Would rather pay agency double existing employee salary than increase incentives. Mandate management every day to cover holes with a basic bonus pay.

9. 1.0