Genesis Networks Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Systems Support"

Former Employee - Systems Support in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Systems Support in Dallas, TX

I worked at Genesis Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A foot in the door job, which was helpful in lean economic times. Reasonably flexible with hours, provided you got your work done. Worked with some reputable companies.

Cons

Pay, no benefits, upper management only seemed to come around when clients were unhappy with something, to attempt to save face.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees more and make more of an effort to come by the offices to see how employees interact with clients on a daily basis. Otherwise, you're just an outsider with no real sense of what is going on.

2. "Nice place to work (at night...)"

Former Employee - Software Tester in Abilene, TX
    Former Employee - Software Tester in Abilene, TX

I worked at Genesis Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nobody breathing down your neck at night.

Cons

Little to no in person contact with project leaders (for me at least)

Advice to Management

Require client companies to have better in person contact with project members.

3. "Technical Support Representative I"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Abilene, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Abilene, TX

Pros

Good pay, Good location, that is it.

Cons

Bad management; this company is a great example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

Advice to Management

Be professional, honest, and accurate with information.

4. "manager"

Current Employee - Unit Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Unit Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

evidence based systems that work for you

Cons

better and longer training in practice

Advice to Management

n/a

5. "Production support"

Former Employee - Production Support Analyst in Abilene, TX
    Former Employee - Production Support Analyst in Abilene, TX

Pros

-Flexible working hours, great team specially the EX client project managers like John greathouse and Mutahir Ghouri.
    -lot of learning opportunities

Cons

Low salaries, not lot of growth opportunities

"Garage Assistant"

Current Employee - Garage Assistant in Ponca City, OK
    Current Employee - Garage Assistant in Ponca City, OK

I have been working at Genesis Networks part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job is not difficult, and you have minimum supervision, so you're never micromanaged.

Cons

This job requires you to be at work very early 6 days a week for very little pay. It has ultimately disrupted my life more than any part time job ever should.

Advice to Management

Allow some flexibility for days off, and allow assistants in small garages to come in a little later.

"Good place for the ambitious and self-guided"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Genesis Networks full-time

Pros

I was surprised to see some of the negative comments here. Genesis is a great place to work if you are someone who is self-motivated and focused on goals. It's a "big small" company: big because it has lots of revenue and field employees but small on the administrative side. That means there's not as much formal structure as there might be in a larger organization. While this could be a downside for things like constant ongoing training or narrow job roles, it's a huge positive for things like having the freedom to institute your own programs and processes, access to senior leadership, broad job description, access to many areas of the business, and ability to set (and chase) your own goals and initiatives. We work on some big client projects which is both exciting and resume-boosting. Our executive leadership has a genuine interest in and care for the employees and is flexible for things like work/life balance, caring for family, illness or appointments, etc.

Cons

We do have some "bad seeds" who spread negative attitudes wherever they can. These are people who blame everyone but themselves for whatever they don't like about their life, their job, how their day is going, or whatever else. If you are able to look past these people, the majority of employees here are nice, smart, experienced and hard-working people.

Advice to Management

Take out the trash! If someone is continually pouting about how much they hate their job, show them the door already and spare all of us the headache of keeping them around. There are plenty of people who do and would love to work at this place.

8. "Wavecreste AKA Genesis Networks"

Former Employee - Production Support Analyst III in Abilene, TX
    Former Employee - Production Support Analyst III in Abilene, TX

Pros

Great co-workers; ability to work remote for some. Benefits.

Cons

Low morale, Constant changes from management. Revolving door upper management. Benefit providers change almost every year. Blatant Inability to keep commitments to employees. Waited multiple times over a year for pay raises from performance evaluations and it was always a "secret" as to what and when you could expect if anything at all. All Company policies are all pro employer, aside from the amount of PTO you receive but can't ever take.

Advice to Management

Act like you care about your employee's even if you don't. For example; Stand up and defend your employees, keep your commitments, competitive pay; give raises when you say you will. Let employees use PTO time that they have earned.

"Awful writing on the wall."

Former Employee - IT Analyst in Abilene, TX
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in Abilene, TX

I worked at Genesis Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay for the Abilene area, great coworkers, although not many are left. Opportunity to telecommute and it's good entry level experience for any future endeavors.

Cons

In one word, management. The company has gone through many CEOs in the past few years and it is heading rapidly to the gutter. Upper management either doesn't care about the employees or they're not ballsy enough to stand up for them. The company heavily relies on just two main projects from third party companies, the biggest of which is/was AT&T. In the past few years I would say over 60% of the workforce was let go when AT&T sold the contract to Tech Mahindra so now WaveCreste is at the mercy of TechM, and they're not using any lube.

Absolutely no room for growth and middle management doesn't care enough to both lead or weed out the bad apples. That's one thing I have to commend TechM on, they immediately ripped out the underperformers. Let's put it this way, I was doing the work of 3-4 people and the other two were basically having a free ride. Not only that, when this was pointed out to management instead of helping they just 'delegated' to me to figure out why and to help the other two resolve whatever issues they were having. This lead to me being made a 'lead' in title only, since no raise was given nor did I actually have any power to discipline or in any other way actually change things.

Speaking of raises, empty promises for months from the CEO and GM about us first getting raises, then we were to get a bonus in lieu of raises but it took many many months for us to see them. Not only that, some employees received double digit bonuses in the end, making the ordeal unpalatable.

Overall I'm glad I got the experience since I can now use that in my resume and I'm glad I know what to avoid in any future positions. I'd be very weary of working here.

Advice to Management

You've turned a decent idea, rural outsourcing, into a depressing company. No advice I can give here will help turn it around but what I can suggest is that you remember the people that actually work for you and at least have the dignity to be straightforward with them.

"Senior it project manager"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Middletown, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Middletown, NJ

Pros

Wavecreste offers a decent overall package with good

Cons

wavecrest does not offer promotion or career path