Cover image for GenesisCare

GenesisCare Reviews

Updated Jan 18, 2023

Found 166 of over 185 reviews

2.9
GenesisCare Chief Executive Officer  Dan Collins (no image)
Dan Collins

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

126.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=GenesisCare~1522938
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about GenesisCare? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with GenesisCare employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "People are great and really intelligent to be around.(in 21 reviews)
  • "Clinical staff were very dedicated to patient care.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Average pay(in 5 reviews)
  • "Benefits were great and environment was nice(in 5 reviews)
  • "Great colleagues and a real 'work family' feel(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work for

Jan 5, 2023 - Customer Service Representative (CSR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Taking care of their employees

Cons

I don’t have anythin N/A

2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not a good place to work so far!

Jan 18, 2023 - N|A
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not much to say about Pros.

Cons

Management expect you to wear many hats and know everything, but cross training does not exist. There is no trust and support from the Australian management side.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

It’s a circus and the clowns are running the show

Oct 27, 2022 - Medical Assistant in Port Charlotte, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Doctors are fantastic Staff is great Free parking

Cons

The company leaders are sinking the ship. They are business people, not healthcare employees. They don’t have a medical background and do not respect feedback from knowledgeable doctors/staff

4. 5.0

Work place

Nov 1, 2022 - Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) in Redding, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great team to work for and with. Great working atmosphere. Also, you get a lot of sassy satisfaction for what you do..

Cons

No growth in your position there’s usually only one in your position

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Trying to get it right

Sep 27, 2022 - Director in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Actively looking to make the place better. Competitive Pay . Technology Focused. Time off is good with added floating holidays. Core Values are solid and well represented throughout the company.

Cons

There has been a considerable management turnover making it difficult to get momentum in the right direction, I think this is getting better. Insurance is expensive but not a deal breaker as there are different tiers available.

6. 1.0

RN

Jan 4, 2023 - Registered Nurse in Coral Springs, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment to work in and employees

Cons

Bad health insurance and bank bonus

7. 1.0

Worst management

Dec 15, 2022 - Patient Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Their Time off is adequate

Cons

This place is the worst. Management is atrocious, if you want to do everyone else’s work while also being bullied by the doctors than this is a great place for you.

8. 5.0

Great leadership

Nov 2, 2022 - Physician Relations Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong leadership Cares for employees Takes care of employees

Cons

Very fast pace Matrix organization can be a little confusing at times

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Oct 25, 2022 - Reimbursement Representative in Fort Myers, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits were great and environment was nice

Cons

Company sold and lots of layoffs unfortunately

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Hire to Retire

Mar 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with this company going on 7 years, starting under 21c-- Pros-- Support, Patient focused care, internal offerings for advancement, job security, a team at every level. Compensation, raises occurring yearly based on performance. Amazing PTO/time off to create the perfect work-life balance. I started in a clinic, moved up within the clinic and then advanced further. This company is truly one of the best. Do they have areas to improve? Absolutely. However, I have never worked in a healthcare environment who truly puts emphasis on "patient first" and allowing you to devote your time to the care you give to make the patient feel like a person rather than a number in the way GenesisCare does.

Cons

I think you will find Cons at every job if you search-- I will say the Cons at Genesis are still not as bad as any other hospital system I have worked in. Cons- -- I sometimes feel there is a disconnect between different departments and not knowing who to reach out to in the different areas. -- For so long this company was radiation focused under 21st Century Oncology, while GenesisCare is now focusing on the other areas and that is phenomenal to see, we need more people in place to deliver the focus, the policies, procedures and standardization.

GenesisCare Response

Chief People and Culture Officer

Hi there, I’m so glad to hear you are enjoying your role at GenesisCare and thank you for making the time to share your feedback with us. Firstly, I’d like to just say a huge THANK YOU for everything you have done for over the past 7 years, firstly at 21C and now GenesisCare! You have no doubt made such a huge impact in the lives of hundreds of patients through what is a very challenging time in their lives. Congratulations! At GenesisCare, we pride ourselves on delivering world-class cancer care for our patients that is highly personalized to each individual. Our patients are at the heart of everything we do and we are constantly striving to push the boundaries of cancer care to achieve the best possible outcomes. I’m so glad to hear you are seeing this positive patient impact firsthand in your role. As part of our “People Promise” we are committed to ensuring all our teams have the opportunity to grow and challenge themselves in new areas. I love hearing stories of employees starting their career in one of our centers right out of university, and working their way up to either become a Center Leader or Manager, mentoring the next generation of leaders. You are definitely correct when you say we are expanding in new areas and disciplines! While our origins are in radiation oncology we are moving towards a more integrated cancer care model, where patients are seen by a sub specialist team of physicians. This model comes with a lot of opportunities but also challenges and a huge focus for our management team and Clinical Management Committees currently is how we can streamline processes and standardization. Thanks for stopping by to share the things you love about working at GenesisCare. Best wishes, Rani Hammond Chief People & Culture Officer

Viewing 1 - 10 of 166 Reviews

GenesisCare Reviews FAQs

GenesisCare has an overall rating of 2.9 out of 5, based on over 185 reviews left anonymously by employees. 37% of employees would recommend working at GenesisCare to a friend and 35% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, GenesisCare employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at GenesisCare. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

37% of GenesisCare employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated GenesisCare 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at GenesisCare to be benefits, career development, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with GenesisCare Job Seekers