Genesys Reviews | Glassdoor

Genesys Chief Executive Officer Paul Segre
Paul Segre

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • My commute to Daly City is long, but once you demonstrate value working remote policy is very flexible (in 22 reviews)

• Absolutely do not value work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Opportunity to grow professionally by building an iconic company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun fast pace environment that promotes professional growth and career advancement.

Cons

We are in growth mode so it's not an environment to sit back and simply collect a paycheck. In order to succeed and excel you will need to be ready to show up, work hard, and contribute to your teams goals. Environment is best for overachievers that are looking to build a career!

Advice to Management

Continue the transparent communications as we transition from a focus on merging two companies to executing strategies that promote growth mode.

"Bumpy merger with Interactive Intelligence"

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you can prove yourself, they will throw money at you to keep you around, i.e. they value talent and will pay well for it. It's a big company and it's well positioned within its competitive landscape.

Cons

Money seems to be the only tool in the toolbox as far as motivation and employee satisfaction go. Not much sense of urgency with respect to product direction, probably because they are dominant player in their market. Compared to Interactive Intelligence, Genesys does NOT feel like a family. Well, maybe Genesys is like that uncle that nobody likes that is pretty well off but his kids don't like him and think he's a cheapskate. Genesys will throw money at some things, and others are inexplicably underfunded and lousy.

Advice to Management

Articulate/execute a clearer product vision for your engineering teams. "Let's go steal Avaya's market share!" is a fine rallying cry for sales and marketing, but not for engineering.

3. "Technical Support Engineer"

I worked at Genesys full-time

Pros

Great place to work, Team orientated

Cons

Got blindsided and my job became redundant

4. "Great workplace"

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great culture and co-workers
    - Lots of opportunities to grow and take on responsibilities
    - Good opportunities for personal advancement

Cons

- 401k match could be better

"Some bad decisions..."

Former Employee - Senior Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at Genesys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are competitive. Employees choose between a PC or Mac - thumbs up to that flexibility.

Cons

The meaning of the "take what you need" vacation policy varies widely. Some of my colleagues took several weeks every year, but reporting to a workaholic director/VP meant I could take very little time off.

People weren't valued so much after Genesys bought Interactive Intelligence. In the massive layoff that followed, we saw upper management make some very poor decisions about who was let go. Politics played heavily in those decisions.

Advice to Management

It's not just showy, look-at-me wildly creative thinkers that you need to run a company. Value your people who quietly do an excellent job.

6. "Good company to start with"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Daly City, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Daly City, CA

I worked at Genesys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good working culture , good people

Cons

Seems like company loosing focus and direction

"Times have Changed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Genesys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ININ was a company I was proud to be associated with in the Indianapolis area. We had a positive reputation as an employer of choice in Indianapolis. Team operated efficiently and was healthy (with trust and support). Management encouraged empowerment with accountability and trusted their team. Compensation package is good.

Cons

I voluntarily left my position post acquisition due to lack of communication from Genesys leadership, delayed access to tool/systems, unorganized. I lost trust but maybe things are better now.

"Post merger went downhill"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Genesys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Open time off. Depending on your team/management, your schedule is pretty flexible. Work with a lot of smart people (unless more have left!).

Cons

Pay is very low in Indianapolis and not competitive at all with the market. They need to seriously reevaluate their software engineer salaries if they want to keep people around. Many, many top talent individuals have left recently due to opportunities elsewhere with much higher pay and benefits. When you take care of your employees, they will fall in love with your company and work extremely hard.

Communication went downhill, with no real vision provided to employees. High level visionary talks like "take market share from Avaya" sounds good, but it's good to hear goals and tasks an individual can work on to help meet company goals. Some areas of Genesys don't seem to get the support from the top as others. Or maybe the Indianapolis office is just left in the dark?

The morale is still very low since after the merger. Despite knowing this, not a lot is being done to try and boost it. Something should be done to boost morale organically.

Advice to Management

Motivate employees and increase morale. Re-evaluate compensation seriously. Improve communication and help create reasonable goals - provide status updates on goals regularly to remain accountable.

9. "Director of Customer Success"

Current Employee - Director, Customer Success in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director, Customer Success in Boston, MA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company culture. Flat organization with access to any level at any time. Hyper focused on delivering great CX. Genuine interest in employee satisfaction. One of a kind company.

Cons

Like any fast growing company (who is also going through a merger), internal processes and efficiencies are lagging behind. We will get there.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on customers and employees. Success will continue to come.

"CX also stands for Candidate Experience"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

During the recruitment process I suddenly realized that Genesys was approaching it from a customer experience point of view - which makes sense because it's what they do with their software. I had a great recruiter, Tamara who was very open, asked professional questions and gave me thoughtful answers. In fact, everyone I met with was very open about the challenges as well as the potential for my role. It's a dream job for me - global view, strategic and the opportunity to make my mark. You get to work with a diverse group of intelligent people and they are open to new ideas and to change. I also like how much teams are wide spread and how flexible the culture is. Now I'm just getting started and enjoying it a lot.

Cons

None really - be ready to work hard, we have a lot to do to fulfill our mission and so expect to be stretched and challenged. However also expect for people to want you to enjoy your work and to help you make that happen.

Advice to Management

Keep up the dialog with employees, the NPS etc.