Genesys Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Genesys Chief Executive Officer Paul Segre
Paul Segre

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Perfect work life balance i should say" (in 95 reviews)

• "Being a mother, i choose to work from home everytime my child is sick" (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • "High profile projects can impact work/life balance" (in 16 reviews)

• "I saw somebody else was complaining about restaurants around Daly City office" (in 25 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Always innovating!"

Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Architect in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Architect in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Genesys has built an amazing technology portfolio. Our future shows cloud leadership that rivals the industry contemporaries. Between the constant effort to do more, be more creative, and be more disruptive than others, and the people, you would be hard pressed to find a better company to advocate for.

Cons

Watch for talent aquisition from others. Genesys has built something special that others want. They cannot have it, but they want it.

Advice to Management

Management has placed us in a very enviable position in the market. Keep fighting for more! There is amazing untapped opportunity for Genesys to do more. We need to keep pushing ourselves to do more!

Genesys Response

Dec 14, 2018 – Global Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your thoughts and dedication to Genesys. As you have seen over the years we are dedicated to being disruptive in the customer experience space. We work to create new features that will... More

2. "Great growing innovate company in a great position"

Current Employee - Customer Engagement Director
    Current Employee - Customer Engagement Director

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Products, culture, innovation, exposure to AI, Machine Learning and true customer journey mapping through omni channels. Great people

Cons

Growing pains to change and success

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward and adapt the culture to the new demand of our customer's needs

"Great Vision and Great Culture! Energy of a start up with the resources of an industry Giant!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people, the products and the commitment to being a leader in the industry are a few of the reasons I love working at Genesys. I truly believe the company wants to each employee to succeed and fosters a culture of teamwork, hard work and the chance to celebrate achievements. There is a path for growth and development and leadership gives you support and also the opportunity to try something new. Genesys is a large company, but the momentum and energy it has and the vision to continue to innovate our platforms, makes it feel like a startup!

Cons

Genesys has the same challenges that many large, global companies face. Departments can feel silod at times, and it can be hard to get quick responses when you need to work within multiple departments or align resources.

"Sales process is great, but post-sale is AWFUL!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good salary and compensation. If you are a hard worker and a self-starter, you will do well. I had a great boss in my territory that didn't try to micro-manage me but did his best to support my efforts.

Cons

It is really hard to bring in a big fish and once you do, that's when things will go terribly wrong. From bad implementation timelines to outright rude behavior by the project management team, it will leave you red-faced when you check in with the customer. PureCloud goes down all the time and support is in Asia. All of my customers hated support. Yes, it's cheaper to have your support in Asia, but at what cost? Customers would do well to read these reviews to help make the determination of what is really under the hood. In a nutshell, Genesys PureCloud is unreliable, support is terrible, and implementation will not go as well as you planned.

Advice to Management

Upper management, get over yourselves! It sickens me that they still play favorites at companies and put in brain-dead boys and girls that think highly of themselves. I have been on all hands meetings and listened to your newest golden girl/boy present, not understanding that the entire field staff had a back channel going DETESTING this child with every fiber of our being, yet you put these children and other youngsters in positions of power. The field staff became so disenchanted with the leadership. We all just shake our heads that you are completely tone-deaf.

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Outstanding Executive Leadership, great teamwork.

Cons

I have not found any yet.

6. "Great work environment"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is such a great company that I feel so lucky to work for. As a salesperson, we are getting so much momentum because our products are great. I love working here.

Cons

Feels like management is too strict about budget.

"Margin is King"

Current Employee - Finance in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time

Pros

Pay and benefits are good. Work life balance is good. I work 30-40 hours per week and leave my work at work at the end of the day.

Cons

The organization is a complete mess. They are in the process of moving entire teams overseas because (in their words) "they can get 5 employees for the price of 1 US employee." US teams are being systematically taken apart and then positions are being refilled in India and the Philippines. The company is cutting too many corners in this process in an effort to squeeze out more margin. The end result is that those who are left are continually frustrated, along with our customers. I deal with more upset customers on a daily basis, I can't even recall the last time I spoke to a satisfied customer.

Advice to Management

The majority of your workforce is unhappy. The majority of your clients are unhappy. It has been this way for at least 18 months and it is not getting any better. Please, do something.

"Do not work here"

Former Employee - Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Genesys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work/Life balance is good enough to satisfy most.

Cons

So they let you work from home - what does that say about how much they value your contribution? Also, just remember that office politics NEVER works remote while you are not there. Very little opportunity to advance and if you have real talent, do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Grow up and learn how to run a proper company. Also, please stop paying HR to write happy, happy, 5 star reviews about this place.

"Good company"

Former Employee - Various Positions
    Former Employee - Various Positions

I worked at Genesys full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Overall I really enjoyed working for Genesys. I had a fairly long run leading many groups and made a lot of great friendships. There are plenty of good opportunities if you have the skills and relationships to navigate the political environment.

Cons

I would ask some important questions if you are considering a position at Genesys:
    1. What is the company exit strategy and how will you benefit?
    2. How will Genesys address market commoditization and increasing competitive pricing pressures?
    3. How well is the company positioned financially? Revenue, profit, debt, etc. ?
    4. What is the growth strategy?
    5. How is your success measured?
    6. If you are in sales, what is your territory, pipeline, compensation plan, and conditions?
    7. Product stability and scale?
    8. Competitive differentiation?
    9. You may want to interview a former employee to better understand your specific political environment. Group leaders vary, however, be careful as inner circles are hard to gain access to and labeling can be an issue. You may find the culture to be much colder behind closed doors.

Advice to Management

Not much to add other than practice what you preach when it comes to leading with authentic qualities, fairness, equality, empathy, and integrity.

"We Need Help"

Current Employee - Commercial Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Commercial Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great compensation plans.
    Great product, complete technology stack, strong investment in product portfolio.
    They throw a great party, events are polished and high energy.

Cons

This organization has the bureaucracy of a company 10x the size. I spend more time overcoming internal objections than I do external. I've been over 100% of my quota consistently yet every single year it is a grind and I receive no help.

Marketing is completely absent - they do a great job patting themselves on the back about how much pipeline they've created, but it is never seen at the field level. Every year at SKO they spray confetti and pat themselves on the back about how they made their number. I've received 3 leads in the past 24 months, 1 of which was a customer looking to place an order I already had in my pipeline. Based on internal discussion this seems to be a universal problem.

Beyond that the sales team is incredibly nepotistic and cannibalistic. Deals are scarce, so if you're working a real deal there may be 2 or 3 other AEs trying to argue with Sales Ops on why they should have it. NO JOKE: I spend 10% of my work time defending business I am working internally. You have no idea how demoralizing it is to sit on multiple 30-60 minute conference calls to argue over who should own a deal. To make matters worse they have changed the rules of engagement 3x in the past 12 months, and they do not give AEs any leeway on closing deals out, they just automatically expect you to hand business over, even if it closes the next day.

To top it off the management expectation is that you should invest 10-20 hours per week in doing you're own prospecting. I don't mind this as much as it puts the power of my pipeline in my hands, the only issue is they give us no data to work with, and our Salesforce instance is so dirty the information it contains is virtually worthless. I've heard there are some teams being asked to go knocking door to door like they're selling copiers. I can't enter most buildings in my market without an appointment, so hopefully I'm never asked to do this.

Post sale support is also terrible which means I invest a significant amount of my time babysitting accounts after they close to make sure they don't break their contract.

I've expressed these issues internally, but it's been made clear to me that I am the problem and I am not being a team player.

Advice to Management

Your VPs are selling you a bill of goods on what a great job they are doing. We're maybe in 25% of the business we should be in, morale is low, and our customers are unhappy. Ask yourself, "Why am I only hearing how great things are?"