Genesys Reviews | Glassdoor

Genesys Chief Executive Officer Paul Segre
Paul Segre

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • My commute to Daly City is long, but once you demonstrate value working remote policy is very flexible (in 23 reviews)

• Absolutely do not value work/life balance (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Opportunity to grow professionally by building an iconic company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun fast pace environment that promotes professional growth and career advancement.

Cons

We are in growth mode so it's not an environment to sit back and simply collect a paycheck. In order to succeed and excel you will need to be ready to show up, work hard, and contribute to your teams goals. Environment is best for overachievers that are looking to build a career!

Advice to Management

Continue the transparent communications as we transition from a focus on merging two companies to executing strategies that promote growth mode.

2. "Not sure whats better: People, Culture, or Product"

I have been working at Genesys full-time

Pros

Benefits, Culture, People, Work environment

Cons

Not too many growth opportunities

"Culture continues downhill since the acquisition"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary is in line with expectations. Genesys is generous with bonus however has a horrible lead generation program.

Cons

Benefits are expensive. Gartner report is exactly correct -- Genesys is hard to work with and for. Genesys treats their partners poorly and seeing them looking for alternatives. Promotion from within is seldom except for at the very top -- they promote themselves at least once a year.

Advice to Management

Genesys middle managers are poor and executive leadership needs to do 360 reviews to understand the issues. Employees have not been reviewed through HR processess in years.

4. "Recently Joined Management Team at Genssys"

Current Employee - Vice President Enterprise Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Vice President Enterprise Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong, recognized executive management. Top position in Gartner/Forrester for both On Premise and Cloud. A focus on people, you.

Cons

Nothing is perfect so don't expect everything to be easy. Success comes from hard work and a can do attitude. I've been here 8 weeks after 20 years at my previous company. I couldn't be happier with my decision.

Advice to Management

I recently joined the management team at Genesys after spending 20 years in various positions at Oracle. Eight weeks in and I couldn’t be more satisfied with my decision. From outstanding, recognized executive management, superior market -tested product positioning, a can-do attitude and a clear focus on its people. Nothing is ever perfect but Genesys allows you to run your business with excellent support from corporate and operations management. This is a strategic thinking company with strong field level execution.

"Think twice"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is good and unlimited vacation and can work remote

Cons

Try to get time off for vacation. Insurance is terrible. Since the merger with interactive intelligence there have been massive layoffs. I came in once and there were security guards and two departments got wacked that day. Doesn’t matter if you were there for 15 years. Trying to get answers to questions can take weeks and only after you CC their supervisor.

Advice to Management

Employees are people too. Stop the stupid meetings that mean nothing.

6. "Customer Care"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People, Great people, with whom you can accomplish anything, you can learn from, you can move forward.

Cons

There are some, as for any company of such size. Nothing in particular.

Genesys Response

Nov 6, 2017 – Genesys Leadership Team

Your experience at Genesys can help us become a better place to work and I welcome your specific input and circumstances. You can feel free to provide those anonymously, through an intermediary, or... More

"Downhill as a place to work after financially-motivated merger"

I worked at Genesys full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Certainly, dominant position in the CX / Contact Center market. Probably no other company has the breadth and depth of offer that Genesys has, especially now that who knows what is going to happen with Avaya. This is exciting for Sales professionals.

Cons

The merging with Interactive Intelligence (completely finance-driven) has been disastrous for headquarters personnel, especially in non-Engineering functions. I hear: low morale, harsh management environment, many jobs shipped elsewhere. Many experienced people have left (most laid off, some of their own volition). There is still a climate of extreme uncertainty at headquarters.

Advice to Management

I'd say, if being "best place to work" is really high in your priority, walk the walk, not only talk the talk. Your hands may be tied by financial constraints though.

"Difficult merger"

I have been working at Genesys full-time

Pros

As a former Interactive employee, I have the same manager and I continue to enjoy flexibility and the people I work with.

Cons

Genesys employees seem not to respect the acquired Interactive employees.

"New Sales Hire"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing team culture
    Fantastic support
    Leadership is focused on the customer receiving the best solution for their needs
    Everyone works towards the same goals
    Very engaged group of people
    Work hard, play hard mentality - amazing events for QBR, SKO and Trip
    The technology is second to none (ask Gartner or Forrester)
    The implementation team is great to work with

I have been here for just over two months and I have been impressed from day one. It was a tough decision to move from Oracle to Genesys, but it was the best choice I could have made. The atmosphere is inclusive, the goals are realistic and the entire organization wants you to win and will help you achieve it.

Cons

Due to the excellent growth (amazing for a sales role) Genesys is trying to keep up with Professional Services and Customer Success Rep demand. The only con I can think of is the need to ramp quickly to keep the momentum going (which they are actively doing).

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! As a sales representative I need to believe the solutions will execute for our customers, the organization will help me win and the culture is a great fit. In everyone of these cases, Genesys has exceeded my expectations. I am very happy I made the choice to join Genesys and I see myself being here a long time. Thank you again for this opportunity!

"Culture/Engagement"

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Open Time Off & Onsite Clinic

Cons

Genesys is committed to removing the I3 culture. Trying to bring the West Coast to Indy. I have seen two recent hires last less than one month. We were once a destination and now even new hires are not staying!!

Advice to Management

The I3 business model may have been suffering and the time was right to buy. Do not assume the talent was also weak. You cleaned out some good I3 leaders who were solid and now you wonder why all the departures. Keeping some key folks would have been a good move on your part. Flying in for small group meetings and offering free donuts and bagels is not going to solve the culture/engagement issue.