Genesys Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Genesys Chief Executive Officer Paul Segre
Paul Segre

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Genesys is happy to pay, but is demanding at the cost of work-life balance (in 70 reviews)

• No Restrictions for Work From Home or Vacations (in 25 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Opportunity to grow professionally by building an iconic company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun fast pace environment that promotes professional growth and career advancement.

Cons

We are in growth mode so it's not an environment to sit back and simply collect a paycheck. In order to succeed and excel you will need to be ready to show up, work hard, and contribute to your teams goals. Environment is best for overachievers that are looking to build a career!

Advice to Management

Continue the transparent communications as we transition from a focus on merging two companies to executing strategies that promote growth mode.

2. "Great people and opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic people who are smart, enthusiastic and good fun to be around.

I have found the working environment to be nuturing, there are a lot of opportunities to grow and make your mark. It's male dominated currently but it's still a great place to be a women, we are treated as equal and management are keen to even up the numbers.

The product is great, it feels like we are on a winner and going places.

Open time off and flexible work from home, plus a nice office with free treats and drinks.

Cons

Pay rises are very small within current job and are awarded per team to be split around. Only way to get a pay rise is to get a promotion. However, with plenty of promotions going around and lots of room to grow there is still opportunities to move up the pay grades.

Advice to Management

More flexibility for managers to award bigger pay rises. We are a company on the up and it's good to trickle that back down.

Apr 9, 2018 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking time to write a review. It is always nice to hear that our employees enjoy the people that they work with and their work environment. I agree with you that diversity is an area... More

3. "Great place to work- PureCloud"

I have been working at Genesys full-time

Pros

Great product, technologies and work culture

Cons

pay and benefits are quite bad

Advice to Management

Try to retain talent by adjusting the compensations.

"Best place to work not consistent with the experience in my department."

Pros

Overall professional, committed and friendly environment. Good products and market leader with a strong investment in research and development. Generally very energetic environment.

Cons

There is no work/life balance in my department. Honestly the worse place to work I’ve ever seen from this standpoint. Sadly I would not recommend working here.

Advice to Management

The market for talent in the Bay Area is hot. If work/life balance is not addressed, talented people will leave. Perhaps this is a bit by design as positions can be replaced in lower cost locations.

"So you want to be Iconic... how quaint."

I worked at Genesys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard to find them these days.

Cons

Company is over processed. They either do not work or people hide behind them. Pushing you to a process is the new, "Its not my job."

Contradictions are every where. They want to cut expenses everywhere and charge customers for every individual service, yet think nothing of sending sales people for, team, regional and area QBRs.. so expensive and redundant. They sell Customer Experience / Customer Service technologies but treat customers poorly.

Low level and middle management is not empowered to effect change at all.

Many other departments are completely apathetic or arrogant to sales and customers.

Products are old, tired and not meeting the market's needs, retrofitting legacy tech is cumbersome and expensive for both Genesys and Customers.

Advice to Management

Some want to become Iconic and some just are. can you really say, "we are going to be ICONIC," and it happens.

It generally happens long after your done and people look back at your work, your service, your contributions to your industry and then, only then, THEY call you ICONIC. we never get to call ourselves Iconic... It is a gift bestowed on a job, career, or a service well done by the grace of others...

Put customers and employees first, try compassion and empathy, get a little humble. Empower the great people you have supporting your customers.

Apr 9, 2018 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to write. As the leader in the Customer Experience industry, we strive to be iconic in everything we do; it's a high bar and we work hard every day to meet this goal. I... More

"So far, soooooo good"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I never thought I'd work for a company which values and respects me as a person as Genesys does. I've been on staff for 6 months here and I can't imagine a better company to work for.

Though I work from a satellite office, I feel connected to the larger Genesys community. Even though the atmosphere is extremely laid back and low stress, internal communication is very tight and responsive and opportunities/problems/exciting news is broadcast company wide.

I'm never kept waiting when I shoot someone a question and it's clear that everyone I've worked with cares about producing quality work-- from HR to API to UX and everything in between. Everyone has been extremely friendly, forgiving and competent, giving me the benefit of the doubt and respecting my opinion even when there are disagreements. Plus, while there's a small amount of standard big-company paperwork to wade-through, the amount of bureaucracy we have to wade through is relatively mild and doesn't get in the way of my work. I don't feel like I'm jumping through hoops or navigating arbitrary metrics of productivity.

The best thing about Genesys so far is how much my personal life is respected. I definitely feel my manager (and his manager) know that I can bring my best work when I'm rested, low-stress and feeling listened-to/respected. Whether I'm having a personal emergency or a personal opportunity, I really feel like my team/company has my back and encourages me to put my health, well-being and personal enrichment first.

Another great thing is that I do feel like I'm working on what I want to work on. After trying a few things, I found what I like and my manager made sure I was able to spend time on the kind of projects which I enjoy.

I do feel like I'm constantly surprised by new easter-egg benefits that Genesys offers, I'm constantly saying, "woah, really? My company is going to take care of this for me? My company is going to reward me for this-and-that? Thanks, guys, you didn't have to do that!"

I think it helps a lot that I have the most compassionate, laid-back and competent manager I've ever heard of.

Cons

Honestly, very few so far. I wish we had better options for health insurance, but it isn't Genesys's fault and they seem responsive to feedback about it. Also, it sounds like it's not a problem for those working in larger offices and health-insurance in general is a mess right now nation-wide. At risk of sounding like a fan boy or covert marketing staff, I'm really grateful to work here, everything's pretty great.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, I love you guys! :)

Mar 26, 2018 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for your positive feedback! It's awesome to hear you are having such a great experience here at Genesys. I'm especially pleased to see that although you are not in a main office, you still... More

"Culture is accusatory and they do not care about your work/home balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Potential for good earnings
    -great products

Cons

-They schedule multi day onsite meetings and QBR's on company holidays and prime summer vacation weeks. Total disregard for families and spending time with them when kids are out of school.
    -PureEngage is dying and they are trying to revive it - get over it and move on. PureCloud is the way of the company - they should put their investment there.
    -They are so hyper focused on revenue. Even if you are not a sales rep you are threatened with not getting pay increases if our numbers are not reached. What about pay for a great job during this transition and merger.
    -Pay increases are pitiful - there is a pool of $ for an entire team. They rob Peter to pay Paul. If one person gets a promotion another person does not get a raise. Horrible motivator.
    -Customer support is not great so it is hard to feel confident that what you are selling the customer is going to work well for the customer.
    -So many layers of management you literally have no impact on the organization
    -Constantly send out reports on who is not reading a newsletter, or finishing a training 3 weeks before it is due.
    -They have too many ways for you not to get paid. Unattainable quotas, unrealistic expectations. They rolled out SMART and dock people comp if they do not use it but the detailed documentation is not defined yet. "it's coming...."

Advice to Management

Read the con list and address this. Stop booking long meetings on know vacation times. Yes Martin Luther King day is typically a 3 day weekend for kids from school. Don't use reports from teams that try to measure everything. This gives a culture of how can I stay off the naughty list and just skate by. Is that the type of environment you really want?
    -PureEngage cloud - let it go.....

Mar 26, 2018 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for your feedback. I hear you on the occasional meetings during holidays, however, as a global company, it's always a holiday somewhere. Most meetings are not mandatory and if you have a... More

8. "Used to be great"

I worked at Genesys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Was great until it wasn't

Cons

If you aren't a favorite you are witch hunted out

Advice to Management

Get rid of those who play favorites

"Openly requested people to leave"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Australia Landing, MS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Australia Landing, MS

Pros

The pay is ok, although don’t expect leading benefits packages outside the US. This section is really tough to fill.

Cons

I think that its absolutely crazy to publicly tell the relatively large chunk of employees who left detractor employee satisfaction scores to discuss with their manager for a way out of the company. So much for listening to employee feedback, a real get on board or get out attitude from the company president.
    Compensation review nightmare... As if it isn’t insulting enough that a set pool of 3% across the company is handed out meaning there really isn’t enough to give everybody the raise they deserve, they cannot even adhere to their own deadlines to present the pay increases to employees.
    Unfortunately they have driven down silos and broken apart highly functioning teams, all to ensure all control comes from the US.
    Finally career progression upwards outside of the US is close to impossible and stepping sideways is rife with difficulties.

Advice to Management

Empower your regional management to make change, after all they understand the markets local to them. Trust in your managers to create positive outcomes, it really feels that post merger activities the restraints have come out.

Apr 16, 2018 – Genesys Leadership Team

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts. As a global company, we are proud to have an extremely international team, with almost half of the senior management holding a non-U.S. passport. We... More

"Formerly Interactive Intelligence"

Former Employee - Reporting Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Reporting Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Genesys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Genesys takes great care of their employees...

Cons

...until they send them home with their things in a box, which they do with alarming regularity.

Advice to Management

Take the time to know your people well enough to keep them embedded in your brand narrative. Iconic stories do not emerge from stage props and extras.