Genesys Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Genesys Chief Executive Officer Paul Segre
Paul Segre

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Perfect work life balance i should say (in 74 reviews)

• Being a mother, i choose to work from home everytime my child is sick (in 30 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Opportunity to grow professionally by building an iconic company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun fast pace environment that promotes professional growth and career advancement.

Cons

We are in growth mode so it's not an environment to sit back and simply collect a paycheck. In order to succeed and excel you will need to be ready to show up, work hard, and contribute to your teams goals. Environment is best for overachievers that are looking to build a career!

Advice to Management

Continue the transparent communications as we transition from a focus on merging two companies to executing strategies that promote growth mode.

2. "Director"

I have been working at Genesys full-time

Pros

I have worked for Genesys for 5 years. In that time, I have received nothing but great support from the top down.

Cons

Sometimes too many new processes.

Advice to Management

With the ININ acquisition, we have become a much larger company and can sometimes get mired down with too many processes. Need the pendulum to swing back just a bit. Keep providing support. It is great.

"Overall happy, with some issues at the top"

I have been working at Genesys full-time

Pros

Genesys is overall a good place to work. They offer open time off, ability to work from home, competitive pay, decent benefits, professional development opportunities, and a laid-back work environment. They do a good job of not only allowing but encouraging horizontal/diagonal movement to different organizations within the company. I think the updated branding (2017) was critical for being perceived as a more modern, progressive company. I personally think the culture is great, although I believe that's an artifact of the group I'm in and not necessarily true for the organization at large.

The work is generally challenging and interesting, even given the domain (contact center solutions). I feel like my work cadence is just stressful enough to keep me engaged but not overwhelmed. However, I know a small handful of people who do feel very over-worked. I would say this is the exception and not the norm.

*Caveat to all of the above: there are many offices around the globe and I have heard that my office is unique in its overall positive vibe. I have been to a few other offices in the US and from what I can tell, that perception is true.

Cons

Like many larger companies, there are issues within our executive leadership. There seems to be little alignment on overall strategy and what strategy does exist is not well communicated down to folks like me. There are also some interesting cliques and packs of loyalty of which the origin I'm not aware, but that negatively impact the rest of the company. I don't think these issues have a consistent, direct impact on my daily work, but from time to time I see their impact, sometimes on my own work and sometimes on others', and I become disheartened.

Advice to Management

Lose the loyalties and communicate down.

4. "Culture of Innovation"

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Clear Management vision, Customer focus, Industry-leading technology

Cons

Execution challenges that come with any high-growth environment

5. "A great place to be"

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Long term employer
    Good benefits
    Great people

Cons

Always more to do than time to do it

Advice to Management

Keep on growing

6. "An Inspiring and Innovative Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Business Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Principal Business Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Genesys hires the most talented and collaborative individuals in the industry who are committed to improving the customer experience! If you are seeking a truly innovative company with supportive team players that is focused on bringing excellent processes and technology to its customers then join our team!

Cons

I have not found a negative yet. We have so many great ideas and new solutions to design and launch! The teams are focused, dedicated to tasks and work well together. If not having enough time to accomplish everything in a day is a con then I will take any day!

Advice to Management

Keep empowering your teams with learning opportunities, innovation awards and an environment of inclusiveness and the business will grow!

7. "Product Manager"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast paced, fun team. Get to work on several releases per year v. a more traditional quarterly cycle.

Cons

Prioritization is always a difficult but typical in a product role...leadership is very supportive when working through these challenges.

8. "Senior Director"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very welcoming culture. Teams come together to get things done across the company.

Cons

Love working remote, new hire process for remote should have a 1x1 with HR to make the start up a bit easier. Overall, the process was very good except for this one element.

Advice to Management

Keep on the track you are on.

9. "Best. Job. Ever."

Current Employee - Senior Director
    Current Employee - Senior Director

I have been working at Genesys full-time

Pros

I've worked for several high tech companies before, but this is the best. It's a place where you're encouraged to try to do something better than before, then keep learning and making it more awesome with each iteration.

Cons

Hard to think of one.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on fairness in the workplace.

Genesys Response

May 22, 2018 – Chief People Officer

Best. Review. Ever. Seriously, thanks so much for your comments and review. We are always doing everything we can to make Genesys awesome. Best, Tracy (Tracy Cote, Chief People Officer)

10. "Vice President"

Current Employee - Vice President in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The culture, products, and leadership are incredible at Genesys.

Cons

We have had some growing pains in 2017 with the integration but we are coming out of this now with Operational Excellence for 2018.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on business outcomes and enhancing the culture as you guide the customer to be the hero.