Genesys Reviews

4.4
Genesys Chief Executive Officer Tony Bates
Tony Bates
Pros
Cons
  • "Limited food options near Daly City Office(in 29 reviews)

• "There were no cons to highlight(in 27 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Strong growth, opportunities for career advancement, family-like environment"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Genesys full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The reason I've been at Genesys for over five years is the people I get to work with. We are an incredibly fast-growing cloud company. With our growth comes a ton of opportunities - to travel, to change roles, to work on side projects, etc. In Indianapolis, specifically, I think it's the best office to work from. First off, there are over 800 employees based here and it's so cross functional that you get to experience and meet a ton of people you wouldn't meet if you were working remote. Compensation is great, benefits are good, office facility is great (one (subsidized) restaurant, two gyms, plus an urgent care facility).

Cons

With our crazy growth, comes challenges - call them growing pains. We definitely have them and it's frustrating at times. That said, it still opens up opportunities to chart new paths and solve problems. Genesys is a company that rewards people who step up and come up with solutions.

Genesys2019-08-07

Genesys Response

September 11, 2019Global Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your positive review. You’re spot-on, at Genesys you get to work with great people. From Indianapolis to Chennai, Daly City to Sydney, our teams work hard together to execute on our goals. Our Indianapolis office is the largest location and has great perks. It’s an exciting time to join Genesys and an exciting time to stay. Best, Greg (Greg Buck, Global Talent Brand Manager)

2. "Great company on a path for rapid growth and transformation"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Genesys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work-life balance Good healthcare Tons of resources and support for employees Global footprint (love meeting people from different cultures all over the globe) Tons of opportunity for growth internally I feel that the pay (salary + commission) is fair Indianapolis campus has two on-site gyms, a parking lot basketball court, on-site cafeteria and great collaborative spaces

Cons

Frequent changes to structure, product naming, alignment of resources, processes, etc. Things that should be simple are often overcomplicated or require multiple levels of approval that slows my ability to get answers to people or get things done An overwhelming amount of resources -- this is good, overall, but the negative side of it is that there's no "one-stop-shop" for the things you need to find and often have to ask a chain of people to find the right person that can give you the right answer if you have a question

Genesys2020-04-18
  3. "Good pay and benefits"

4.0
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Genesys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay, benefits and work life balance are good

Cons

Very difficult to get career growth

Genesys2020-04-25
  4. "Excellent recruiting and hiring process"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Genesys full-time for less than a year

Pros

The entire process started off perfectly with a thorough mutual qualification call with the Lead Talent Acquisition team. I had high confidence that this job was a good fit and my background was of interest to Genesys. The talent acquisition team respected my time as well as moved efficiently and effectively through the screening and interview process.

Cons

There were no cons to highlight.

Genesys2020-04-09
  5. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Genesys full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great culture, great people, very flexible. I worked at Genesys while I was in the Indiana Army National Guard and they were extremely flexible with my military time off. Taking large chunks of time off did not interrupt my career advancement at all. My direct supervisors (I think I had 4 or 5 over the years due to jumping around within the company) were all great. Unlimited PTO. Decent healthcare. Cafeteria on site.

Cons

The company has grown significantly over the last handful of years due to acquiring Interactive Intelligence. With the massive increase in size after that merger, a lot of the culture seemed to dissipate. It became a large company with tons of red tape to get anything done. overall still great place to work though

Genesys2020-04-07

"Good work environment limited by salary"

2.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Genesys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The working environment is fun and challenging. We get to work with cutting edge technology when developing our product.

Cons

The compensation system is set up to pit you against your teammates. If you want to get more money on your raise, that means someone else on the team has to get less. This has caused our senior engineers to forgo raises for multiple years so our junior engineers can get a raise. Many engineers have fallen significantly behind on salary because of this and management does not intend to fix anything since not enough people are quiting.

Genesys2020-04-08

"Amazing People and Culture"

Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time for less than a year

Pros

- high level of transparency - strategic alignment at every level - supportive and growth-oriented culture

Cons

limited food options near the office

Genesys2020-03-27

"Salary Freeze a Risky Move"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Genesys full-time

Pros

Generally a very good company

Cons

This pandemic salary freeze is a very risky move. The leadership should have indicated what conditions might apply that would allow them to reinstate the increases. As it is, we are left wondering if the company owners will simply pocket the profits if we manage to come through this crisis in good shape. Execs need to be careful about the extent to which they play on the good will of the employees.

Genesys2020-04-07

Genesys Response

April 28, 2020Team Genesys

Thank you for your review. During this unprecedented time, the leadership team is focused on the health of our employees and the health of our business. Deciding that this was not the right time for pay increases nor increasing bonus targets was a difficult decision that we had to make to preserve the health of our business as we learn more about how this terrible disease will impact us. We plan to provide updates on the situation over the next 90 days internally as we learn more. I joined Genesys in 2019, and I am proud of how we have all worked together during these challenging times. Best, Colleen (Colleen B. Kerrigan, Vice President Total Rewards)

"If you want a career beware!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Solutions Consultant

I worked at Genesys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits. Some great Co workers.

Cons

Too many inner circles. If you aren't part of a "clique" then your stuck in your position. Too many egos. Crappy comp program.

Genesys2020-04-29
  10. "Great place to start your career"

Current Employee - ML Software Engineer in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Genesys full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Latest tech stack 2. Complete freedom to experiment 3. Can easily communicate ideas to management 4. Extremely talented and experienced peers

Cons

I haven't observed any.

Genesys2020-03-21