Genesys Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Genesys Chief Executive Officer Paul Segre
Paul Segre

Pros
Cons
  • The location of the offices in Daly City is not great (in 19 reviews)

• Not for people who doesnt want work/life balance, otherwise none that I can think of (in 8 reviews)

"Disrespect during layoffs"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A very good company that I am proud to work for, but I'm fuming at the moment.

Cons

Layoffs are happening in an extremely disrespectful way.

Individuals are abruptly terminated, escorted off the premises, and given no opportunity to personally pack up their own office, and are not permitted to remove any personal files from company computers. (The latter particularly irks me because 'personal use' policies clearly result in employees having personal files, creating a legitimate (and legal?) expectation of being able to 'take that home with them' just like other personal effects in one's office.)

Advice to Management

There is a disconnect between senior leadership's clear statement about 'layoffs will be done respectfully' versus what is actually happening in some departments. This is extremely damaging to morale for those who stay, and causes a loss of credibility for the company when some managers behave this way. This should not be happening.

I will gladly revise this review if/when leadership responds.

Mar 16, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for your feedback. I am extraordinarily sorry to hear that you have heard of such an experience. Unfortunately, we have had to let a few people go due to overlapping positions as part of our ... More

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

individual contributors are nice people

Cons

management is weak. They are taking on more than they can with recent acquisition. Solution is limited. selling is a long sales cycle. Rate of commission before making a large number is low compared to other software companies.

Advice to Management

move on. fix culture especially at area vp levels.

"Hardly epic."

I worked at Genesys full-time

Pros

- Flexible work location
    - Some nice, dedicated people

Cons

- Extreme Dysfunction: Despite their latest attempt at being “One” by making t-shirts and mugs, Genesys still has extreme silos throughout their organization – requiring week-long tiger team meetings (along with an expensive consultant) on a regular basis to ensure that some level of collaboration occurs cross-functionally.

- Poor internal communication: Genesys let most of the company in the dark for several months on the overall ININ integration strategy - and then came back with high-level power point presentation fluff. Not helpful.

- Lack of Overall vision: Overall vision was poorly articulated and difficult to understand – especially from the CMO/CTO level. Perhaps by design?

- No real innovation in Contact Center Industry: They run the same boring plays over and over. They rely on the same people to attend the same events and would rather ignore (or get rid of) the talent that festers on the bench.

Advice to Management

- There are currently 24 executives on the leadership team. This is not Cisco. That should tell you how ineffective they have been.

- Stop gloating about what happened to Avaya, this will probably be you in a few years. Betting the farm on ININ (Indiana) is not a good sign after failing to move to the cloud 5 years ago.

Mar 16, 2017 – Chief People Officer

You've raised several concerns; let me focus on the key one which is communication. A major integration of two companies can be an uncertain time for people and I acknowledge this can be difficult ... More

"Trying to be an Omelett but still scrambled eggs since the 90's"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None, this place sucks. I never came across anyone that says they love this place other than the HR pukes who have to say they love it.

Cons

No work life balance at all. Weak managers and no support. I have worked for some larger and much smaller companies and they are fine tuned machines. The right hand of Genesys doesn't know what the left hand is doing as it is a very silod company.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending you care about your employees/customers and just own what you really are, greedy, over priced company with little innovation.

Mar 16, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Omelette is spelled with an e. And, I actually do love it here - sorry to hear you feel differently. Happy to discuss anytime. Best, Tracy Tracy Cote, Chief People Officer

"Yet another post-merger layoff"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was caught up in the latest round of layoffs, so at the moment pros are hard to imagine. The benefits are better under Genesys than Interactive Intelligence. The severance pay they are offering is nice.

Cons

Everyone is looking over their shoulder, waiting for the next layoff. Post-merger the company seems adrift. Development teams have lost direction and purpose. A lot of busy work is being done as there seems to be no actual vision for driving the product forward. Why did Genesys spend so much money to acquire ININ, only to see most of the best people leave either voluntarily or through layoffs?

Advice to Management

Find some way to get back to being a kick-ass company instead of one that looks like it's just going to dwindle away.

"Stay away"

I worked at Genesys full-time

Pros

Cannot think of any pro

Cons

Old management style
    No growth opportunity
    Average age is 50+ and they have set up their empire.

"From Phenomenal to Pathetic"

Pros

I worked full time for ININ (which merged with Genesys) when it was a great company. Great HR, good ideas, good culture, etc. I left for a different job in a different state and kind of regretted having to leave at the time. However, I have stayed in the loop of what has gone on the past year or two and it is just so sad to see how far the company has fallen. Please buyer or potential employee of Genesys (who absorbed ININ) beware. See comments below in the Cons section.

Cons

Recently, it appears the CEO lost interest in who they put in charge of departments at ININ. That is the polite way of looking at it. How else does one account for people in positions of power (that stay in power) who operate in an underhanded ways. People doing jobs that they have no idea (and literally no professional experience) doing. Not to mentioned all the dishonesty involved. Wouldn't an interested CEO be involved enough to know when this is going on? Nearly whole teams have abandoned ship to avoid the downfall. That is prior and in addition to the problems of merger with the new company Genesys. Usually acquisitions, "mergers", involve layoffs, but obviously they don't even care about their employees enough to provide meaningful severance (employees who have worked for the company for many years given only a token gesture of compensation). And how layoffs are determined is apparently by whoever is the manger's favorite person (not who has the most experience and value to the company). It stinks of inexperienced, unprofessional, narcisstic managers who can't see beyond their own warped image of themselves and their ambition. I'm sure that will lead the company in the right direction

Advice to Management

Investigate and cut off the diseased mid-upper managers

Feb 3, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for your feedback. If I am reading your comments correctly, this is a review written about the company long after your own departure and your own positive experience. Please encourage your ... More

"Absence of Morale and Morality"

I have been working at Genesys full-time

Pros

They are a big company, can sometimes be a good thing, other times not.

There are truly some good people at this company, its just a shame that the bad outweighs the good.

Cons

I couldn't recommend this company to any one who wants even the slightest bit of stability.

There is a total lack of communication at all levels. From Upper Mgmt to Middle Mgmt to Employees. (yes there are all hands on deck meetings but they are all lip service in the guise of communication)

Numerous acquisitions and a swing of the axe without any research into what employees are doing, just a single input most times on who should be let go. Any type of skill or seniority is under appreciated.

Some C Level and Management do not display a sense of integrity or morality. Frequently managers will stand on employees shoulders in order to make themselves look tall, without a care to what happens beneath them or who gets hurt in the process.

HR has been run ragged, many have left and or have been removed so any grievances brought to them will be ignored. There is no voice for the employees, not even a ear to hear if they wanted to.

As a result of these things, morale is at an all time low.

Advice to Management

Be Human, Be Moral, Be Respectful. Do research on the employees that do the work that keeps the company running, reward them instead of crushing them under the weight of uncertainty and abuse.

"Butcher Shop"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Genesys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Saving money by cutting costs. All Services have been slashed to maximize Profit for Private Equity Firm Permira.

Cons

Everything is being moved overseas! Indy is being traded for India. Russia will be the new destination for tech jobs as soon as they can figure out what they just bought. Every week people are disappearing and many more rounds of layoffs are on the way. No communication in the company. Only good new reports as people try to manage up and stay off the Synergy Spreadsheet. Yes!, some stupid MBA learned this in business school and they actually have a spreadsheet that you are stack ranked on at all times so they can easily make the cuts. I got the hell out recently and took a lower paying job, but at least I can sleep at night now.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to people. Be honest about the job eliminations and your strategy for the company. No one believes the horse poop.

"Too Many Fake 5 Star Reviews"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Genesys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Genesys promised to invest in the company (Interactive Intelligence). They staged a big show about the "merger". In reality it was a takeover, not a merger.

Cons

Many fake reviews. The honesty it lacking. Right after the Interactive Intelligence buyout announcement there started to appear a number of cheery 5 star reviews that were clearly falsified. This isn't the first time that Genesys HR has pumped up the reputation of the company. No one wants to work here anymore.

Advice to Management

Give up. No one in Indy wants to work for you.