Genesys Reviews | Glassdoor

Genesys Chief Executive Officer Paul Segre
Paul Segre

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • On a related note, work/life balance wasn't great (in 12 reviews)

• My commute to Daly City is long, but once you demonstrate value working remote policy is very flexible (in 23 reviews)

"Beware"

I worked at Genesys full-time

Pros

Have the freedom to learn and work with new technologies. Good benefits. Flexible hours.

Cons

Focused more on bottom line than keeping talented people
    Do not value longevity
    If you can talk a good game is valued more than if you can actually play it

Advice to Management

Doesn't matter; won't listen.

"Culture continues downhill since the acquisition"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary is in line with expectations. Genesys is generous with bonus however has a horrible lead generation program.

Cons

Benefits are expensive. Gartner report is exactly correct -- Genesys is hard to work with and for. Genesys treats their partners poorly and seeing them looking for alternatives. Promotion from within is seldom except for at the very top -- they promote themselves at least once a year.

Advice to Management

Genesys middle managers are poor and executive leadership needs to do 360 reviews to understand the issues. Employees have not been reviewed through HR processess in years.

3. "Good company"

I worked at Genesys full-time

Pros

Good opportunities for growing your career

Cons

Currently in transition since the merger

"Merger was very tough"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genesys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of really smart people. Very well organized. A master plan.

Cons

Being on the acquired side was not easy. A lot of processes to do simple jobs. Can take forever to get something done.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and you will burn out many of your employees.

"Ok but could be better"

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Open time off and can work remotely. Company is continuously growing and adding new software and technologies so there is always more to learn.

Cons

Departments are not good at documenting and sharing information so there is a lot of rework across departments. Not having enough people (and it's being made worse) leaves everyone overworked to try to keep up with the ever growing software offerings.

Advice to Management

Keep in mind it's not just about getting software out the door, but having happy well-rested employees to support it beyond that point.

"Genesys"

I worked at Genesys full-time

Pros

Good working environment. Customer oriented.

Cons

After acquisition of Interactive Intelligence there were a lot of layoffs resulting in employee morale issues and others jumping ship.

"Expirience at Genesys"

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very frienfly culture
    Good technical leaders
    Work/Balance

Cons

No career development
    No performance review system - bonuses/salary increase do not directly depend on your performance

"Pretty good place to work"

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are great. Work is interesting and you are always busy. Ability to work remotely when needed is a plus. Global company so team members are all over the world. Nice facilities.

Cons

Some groups focus too much on process for process sake, which cuts into the time needed to do the real work. Though most managers seem to be on the ball and know what's going on, there are several that must live in a cave. Upper management cares about the company and is doing a good job growing it.

"No longer a "best place to work""

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

I worked at Genesys full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Genesys still seems to have industry leading products. But the spate of acquisitions in the last two years have completely changed the company for the worse. If you don't believe me, see the trends for Glassdoor ratings. In the past 2 years, it's gone down form 4.5 to 3.6 and sinking fast,

Cons

People who came in through acquisitions are given senior positions to the detriment of long time employees in spite of the acquired products being decommissioned (Angel). And existing employees are being asked to train their replacements in Chennai.

Genesys software isn't good at Natural Language Understanding. Amazon put Alexa in the cloud with AWS/connect. Instead of focusing on threats to its very existence, senior management seems to be interested in just growing through acquisitions. And yes, they got a new logo, I see (Wonder what it cost).

"My prospective of the current merger"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A variety of different skill areas to work within for technical employees with a large, diverse, and global team. Programs for continuous education and growth with access to extensive self-paced courses.

Cons

As an employee that was acquired during the Interactive Intelligence purchase I've tried to keep an open mind about what the future of Genesys will look like.

In my part of the organization, we were sold a plan that legacy Genesys and legacy ININ folks would be working together to take the best parts of both organizations and create a new "Iconic" team. At first I saw opportunity and growth potential, but as we've gone further down the road, we're starting to see the real "plan".

The real "plan" isn't to take the best of both worlds and make a new "Iconic" organization. The plan is to force ININ to fit into the existing Genesys ways. It's very clear. We've even heard it directly out of our VP's mouth. In this transition I've watched as we've been cornered into adopting Genesys "best practices" that are YEARS behind the progress we made at ININ. We're being forced into adopting software and systems that are not capable of meeting our needs. When we first got into this project, I was excited and ready to go. Now that I've seen what's really going on, I'm losing faith that we're moving the right direction and doing the right things. Genesys is about to shove the remaining ININ employees into a cycle where we take three steps back and one step forward.

Lastly, Genesys needs to get real with the salaries that they're paying employees in the Indianapolis office. Who's name is on the tallest building in Indy right now? Salesforce. We aren't the only tech company in Indy. We can't acquire good talent if we're not willing to pay for it.

Advice to Management

You want to make money, right? Learn from ININ's past.

Genesys senior management needs to disconnect themselves from the past processes and projects before the acquisition. I ask that you be open minded to adopting the practices that ININ has been developing for nearly a decade.