Genesys Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Genesys Chief Executive Officer Paul Segre
Paul Segre

Pros
Cons
  • The location of the offices in Daly City is not great (in 20 reviews)

• Absolutely do not value work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Love it here."

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People! They are not trying to be the coolest company in the valley but there are some fun awesome people at Genesys that you will look forward to coming to work with every day.

Cons

Offices spread out all over the globe so lots of conference calls/meetings, which is fine for me, but know that you won't work with everyone on your team face to face.

Advice to Management

keep up the amazing work! This past SKO was so inspiring and made me super proud to be a part of this growing team.

Genesys Response

Feb 1, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for your response. I agree that our recent Sales Kickoff was fun and inspiring. I also agree that we are not trying to be the coolest company in the world...we won't win that one. But we do ... More

2. "HR"

Current Contractor - Human Resources in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Contractor - Human Resources in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Genesys as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been at Genesys for about a month now working in the HR Department and it is a wonderful work place with a fun and upbeat culture. The team was welcoming, they answer questions quickly, and are flexible despite some of the bumps still being worked out with the acquisition. If you have the opportunity to work here, I'm sure you would not regret it! Already since working here they have had multiple cook-outs and a walking loop around a pond for when you need to get away from the computer for a little while. Plus, there is a pool party coming up and a summer Olympics!

Cons

The only con I can see right now is that I was contracted instead of applying and getting directly hired, I love this place and atmosphere!

3. "Loved the new logo!!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Miami, FL

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

-Company's culture and excellent working environment
    -Great team
    -Great benefits

Cons

-Transformation, which is difficult but it's been handled very well.

5. "Great group of people and team environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment and awesome folks to work with. The perks and Office atmosphere is amazing. When you love coming into work you know they are doing something right keeping the employees happy!

Cons

This is a tough one, I guess it depends on your individual teams. Only con I have would be the yearly incentives could be better. Negotiate a good salary before coming onboard and you will be fine.

6. "Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team work and stimulating environment. Offers you all the resources that you need to be successful. Best company that I have worked at in my long career.

Cons

Can improve on boarding experience by strengthening training in the processes that are critical, in stead of having to learn on the job.

Advice to Management

Great leadership that communicates very effectively with employees, sharing vision and Company goals frequently and effectively

7. "Genesys values their employees"

Current Employee - Customer Care in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Care in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Here at Genesys, we have intelligent and caring colleagues. Every department at Genesys that I interacted with has inspiring, smart and totally real employees. Being yourself is important and encouraged. The mission of making Genesys a more open and connected place isn’t just a cool phrase, but it actually guides everything here. The diversity is better than any other company I’ve worked at and it’s getting even better in Daly City and other regions. The benefits are equal to all the major tech companies in San Francisco and after doing even further research, Genesys benefits are nothing short of incredible. The work is exciting and I feel good about having a secure future here. Some ININ employees are not happy with the merger and I can see they are posting arrogant reviews on Glassdoor, which is understandable. My suggestion for them is to be just a little bit more patient and at the end, everything will be okay. Patience is the key, so let’s not lose that thinking. If you are able to look in the mirror everyday and know that you are a good and loyal employee, that’s all that matters to Genesys. Your work is the best evidence there is, while Genesys works on this challenging merger. With that said, you will be given a lot of freedom at Genesys, but it’s also a responsibility to make sure you are doing things that are valuable to the company. If you work hard and can produce valuable output, you will be unreplaceable asset to the company. Genesys highly values their employees and you will recognize that after working here for at least 1 year.

Cons

I have been with the company for a few years now and I can tell you what’s real and what’s not. Genesys place is for real. Keep doing what you are doing!

"Great place to be"

Current Employee - Executive in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Executive in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Great culture. Good people who truly care about the company and the customers we serve. (Thankfully InIn has a very similar culture)
    - Growth for the company means growth for the individual in scope, responsibilities.

Cons

Cant' think of any. I have seen people leaving thinking the grass is greener elsewhere - they have been disappointed.

"Sr. Account Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Value their sales people for the most part, genuinely nice people across the company, they mean well despite the slightly inflated view of themselves. They are willing to get you a Mac computer when you're hired but you have to escalate request (before you even have a company email, see comments about escalation below)

Cons

Management makes decisions in a vacuum, unrealistic expectations for daily work routine of remote sales team, escalation culture where you have to copy 15 people and their bosses in order to get something done. If you're not part of the inner circle then you never know when your unanticipated last might be. Not very tech savvy for a leading software/tech company.

Advice to Management

Just because you say something over and over doesn't necessarily make it true...Truly invest in the cloud and create what tomorrow's CX environment will look like.

10. "Excellent Internship Program (Interactive Intelligence)"

Former Intern - Software Test Engineer Intern in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Intern - Software Test Engineer Intern in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Genesys as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked for Interactive Intelligence before the merge with Genesys. I was given tasks that were challenging and a team that was more than willing to help. Team members were very welcoming and there was a huge sense of friendship and team spirit in my team. Manager was very honest and was able to talk to him for general career advice. Lots of intern perks, such as free food every week or so for career development discussions, retreats, and friendly competitions such as the summer olympics. There's also free bagels on Friday and chocolate that is periodically restocked. I managed to injure my wrist while interning and was able to get medical assistance from their on-premise health center (covered!).

Cons

My works area was a bit dim and would've appreciated a brighter atmosphere to work with. However, I realize this is highly subjective.

Advice to Management

Hopefully the intern program is still as great after the acquisition!

11. "Platform Test Engineer"

Former Intern - Platform Test Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Intern - Platform Test Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Genesys as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Work environment. Awesome Supervisor.You can literally ask anyone for help and they will help you out.Intern is treated like a full time employee. You can shape your ideas into real time inputs in the production. Flexible work hours and free beer !!

Cons

Bad canteen, No great food joints nearby. Lack of public transport to the office,