Genesys Reviews | Glassdoor

Genesys Chief Executive Officer Paul Segre
Paul Segre

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • On a related note, work/life balance wasn't great (in 12 reviews)

• My commute to Daly City is long, but once you demonstrate value working remote policy is very flexible (in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Opportunity to grow professionally by building an iconic company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun fast pace environment that promotes professional growth and career advancement.

Cons

We are in growth mode so it's not an environment to sit back and simply collect a paycheck. In order to succeed and excel you will need to be ready to show up, work hard, and contribute to your teams goals. Environment is best for overachievers that are looking to build a career!

Advice to Management

Continue the transparent communications as we transition from a focus on merging two companies to executing strategies that promote growth mode.

2. "Genesys review"

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is incredible. They do a lot of fun things for their employees throughout the year

Cons

The recent merger was tough for some

3. "Great Place"

Former Employee - PM Intern in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - PM Intern in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Had some fun events. Good food. Relaxed working conditions.

Cons

Took some time getting started

4. "Not sure whats better: People, Culture, or Product"

I have been working at Genesys full-time

Pros

Benefits, Culture, People, Work environment

Cons

Not too many growth opportunities

5. "Recently Joined Management Team at Genssys"

Current Employee - Vice President Enterprise Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Vice President Enterprise Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong, recognized executive management. Top position in Gartner/Forrester for both On Premise and Cloud. A focus on people, you.

Cons

Nothing is perfect so don't expect everything to be easy. Success comes from hard work and a can do attitude. I've been here 8 weeks after 20 years at my previous company. I couldn't be happier with my decision.

Advice to Management

I recently joined the management team at Genesys after spending 20 years in various positions at Oracle. Eight weeks in and I couldn’t be more satisfied with my decision. From outstanding, recognized executive management, superior market -tested product positioning, a can-do attitude and a clear focus on its people. Nothing is ever perfect but Genesys allows you to run your business with excellent support from corporate and operations management. This is a strategic thinking company with strong field level execution.

"New Sales Hire"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing team culture
    Fantastic support
    Leadership is focused on the customer receiving the best solution for their needs
    Everyone works towards the same goals
    Very engaged group of people
    Work hard, play hard mentality - amazing events for QBR, SKO and Trip
    The technology is second to none (ask Gartner or Forrester)
    The implementation team is great to work with

I have been here for just over two months and I have been impressed from day one. It was a tough decision to move from Oracle to Genesys, but it was the best choice I could have made. The atmosphere is inclusive, the goals are realistic and the entire organization wants you to win and will help you achieve it.

Cons

Due to the excellent growth (amazing for a sales role) Genesys is trying to keep up with Professional Services and Customer Success Rep demand. The only con I can think of is the need to ramp quickly to keep the momentum going (which they are actively doing).

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! As a sales representative I need to believe the solutions will execute for our customers, the organization will help me win and the culture is a great fit. In everyone of these cases, Genesys has exceeded my expectations. I am very happy I made the choice to join Genesys and I see myself being here a long time. Thank you again for this opportunity!

7. "Exciting Time & Great Culture!"

I have been working at Genesys full-time

Pros

Genesys is uniquely positioned to take advantage of the opportunity in the market given the breadth of the solutions offered to meet each of the relevant market segments. It's clear that the sales culture is a key component of the success of the company overall. Sales leaders understand the importance of celebrating success, setting a clear vision for the future and building camaraderie in order to make everyone more successful.

Cons

None at the current time. This is a company that is constantly innovating in order to keep up with a changing market. This creates opportunity and excitement, but is not a place for those that don't appreciate a fast paced environment with high performing teams that like to win.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication and culture that has made the company so successful .

8. "Exciting time to be at Genesys, and a fun and rewarding Sales Culture!"

Current Employee - Director, Solutions Consulting
    Current Employee - Director, Solutions Consulting

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It is an exciting time for Genesys being the clear leader in Contact Centers as rated by 3rd party analysts, and a fun and rapidly changing space to be in. Working as a leader in the sales organization, I really enjoy the fact that at Genesys we work hard, but have fun while doing it. I recently attended a QBR at the beach in California and feedback from others included comments such as "Amazing" and "One of, if not the best, QBR attended". Without a strong and positive sales culture (with many long-term veterans plus growing) this would not be possible. Looking forward to being here for many more years!

Cons

No real cons I can think of, unless a person does not like fast paced change, because Genesys is a constant innovator and Leader.

9. "Fantastic time for the company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer With Trimmings in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer With Trimmings in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fantastic time to be here. We are working on "cloudification" of our old services and learning new technologies while still not losing our experience and users of mature products. Heavy investment in education. Love it.
    Acquisition of Interactive Intelligence was a fantastic move as well. We got some great technology experience and really bright people with this acquisition.
    Overall this is great company that is not afraid of change and at the same time not reckless with its older customers and products.
    Great coffee. Starbucks had to close their location in shame.
    Theoretically unlimited time off.
    Super-easy commute and free parking.

Cons

Compensation could be better but at the same time I feel very safe here.

Sometimes the number of people in the middle management seems too high. They also get very busy coordinating and deadlocking themselves.

Company issued laptops are decent but heavily loaded with enterprise crapware that cannot be disabled. OK for management types but drives developers nuts.

Cannot understand negative reviews coming from Indianapolis office. Have not met any unhappy people from Indy myself.

Advice to Management

Buy free coffee machines for Indy office.

10. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited time off
    Flexable work hours
    Good Culture

Cons

Mobility is harder and 401k could be better