Genesys Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 11, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • On a related note, work/life balance wasn't great (in 12 reviews)

• My commute to Daly City is long, but once you demonstrate value working remote policy is very flexible (in 23 reviews)

1. "Recently Joined Management Team at Genssys"

Current Employee - Vice President Enterprise Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Vice President Enterprise Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong, recognized executive management. Top position in Gartner/Forrester for both On Premise and Cloud. A focus on people, you.

Cons

Nothing is perfect so don't expect everything to be easy. Success comes from hard work and a can do attitude. I've been here 8 weeks after 20 years at my previous company. I couldn't be happier with my decision.

Advice to Management

I recently joined the management team at Genesys after spending 20 years in various positions at Oracle. Eight weeks in and I couldn’t be more satisfied with my decision. From outstanding, recognized executive management, superior market -tested product positioning, a can-do attitude and a clear focus on its people. Nothing is ever perfect but Genesys allows you to run your business with excellent support from corporate and operations management. This is a strategic thinking company with strong field level execution.

2. "Good company"

I worked at Genesys full-time

Pros

Good opportunities for growing your career

Cons

Currently in transition since the merger

"Downhill as a place to work after financially-motivated merger"

I worked at Genesys full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Certainly, dominant position in the CX / Contact Center market. Probably no other company has the breadth and depth of offer that Genesys has, especially now that who knows what is going to happen with Avaya. This is exciting for Sales professionals.

Cons

The merging with Interactive Intelligence (completely finance-driven) has been disastrous for headquarters personnel, especially in non-Engineering functions. I hear: low morale, harsh management environment, many jobs shipped elsewhere. Many experienced people have left (most laid off, some of their own volition). There is still a climate of extreme uncertainty at headquarters.

Advice to Management

I'd say, if being "best place to work" is really high in your priority, walk the walk, not only talk the talk. Your hands may be tied by financial constraints though.

"Difficult merger"

I have been working at Genesys full-time

Pros

As a former Interactive employee, I have the same manager and I continue to enjoy flexibility and the people I work with.

Cons

Genesys employees seem not to respect the acquired Interactive employees.

"Think twice"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is good and unlimited vacation and can work remote

Cons

Try to get time off for vacation. Insurance is terrible. Since the merger with interactive intelligence there have been massive layoffs. I came in once and there were security guards and two departments got wacked that day. Doesn’t matter if you were there for 15 years. Trying to get answers to questions can take weeks and only after you CC their supervisor.

Advice to Management

Employees are people too. Stop the stupid meetings that mean nothing.

"It's a Hot Mess"

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Standard benefits, nice, but status quo co-workers,

Cons

Leadership, direction, career growth, favoritism

"New Sales Hire"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing team culture
    Fantastic support
    Leadership is focused on the customer receiving the best solution for their needs
    Everyone works towards the same goals
    Very engaged group of people
    Work hard, play hard mentality - amazing events for QBR, SKO and Trip
    The technology is second to none (ask Gartner or Forrester)
    The implementation team is great to work with

I have been here for just over two months and I have been impressed from day one. It was a tough decision to move from Oracle to Genesys, but it was the best choice I could have made. The atmosphere is inclusive, the goals are realistic and the entire organization wants you to win and will help you achieve it.

Cons

Due to the excellent growth (amazing for a sales role) Genesys is trying to keep up with Professional Services and Customer Success Rep demand. The only con I can think of is the need to ramp quickly to keep the momentum going (which they are actively doing).

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! As a sales representative I need to believe the solutions will execute for our customers, the organization will help me win and the culture is a great fit. In everyone of these cases, Genesys has exceeded my expectations. I am very happy I made the choice to join Genesys and I see myself being here a long time. Thank you again for this opportunity!

8. "Exciting Time & Great Culture!"

I have been working at Genesys full-time

Pros

Genesys is uniquely positioned to take advantage of the opportunity in the market given the breadth of the solutions offered to meet each of the relevant market segments. It's clear that the sales culture is a key component of the success of the company overall. Sales leaders understand the importance of celebrating success, setting a clear vision for the future and building camaraderie in order to make everyone more successful.

Cons

None at the current time. This is a company that is constantly innovating in order to keep up with a changing market. This creates opportunity and excitement, but is not a place for those that don't appreciate a fast paced environment with high performing teams that like to win.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication and culture that has made the company so successful .

9. "Exciting time to be at Genesys, and a fun and rewarding Sales Culture!"

Current Employee - Director, Solutions Consulting
    Current Employee - Director, Solutions Consulting

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It is an exciting time for Genesys being the clear leader in Contact Centers as rated by 3rd party analysts, and a fun and rapidly changing space to be in. Working as a leader in the sales organization, I really enjoy the fact that at Genesys we work hard, but have fun while doing it. I recently attended a QBR at the beach in California and feedback from others included comments such as "Amazing" and "One of, if not the best, QBR attended". Without a strong and positive sales culture (with many long-term veterans plus growing) this would not be possible. Looking forward to being here for many more years!

Cons

No real cons I can think of, unless a person does not like fast paced change, because Genesys is a constant innovator and Leader.

"Do not recommend"

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility to work remote and in office

Cons

Too many here to name.