Genesys Reviews | Glassdoor

Genesys Reviews

Updated April 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • The location of the offices in Daly City is not great (in 20 reviews)

• Absolutely do not value work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

1. "Worse Career Decision of my life was leaving a wonderful job for this company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

I worked at Genesys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Time off policy, health benefits
    Some of the people I worked with were great, but Management was TERRIBLE and not fit for their jobs. Some managers were in their positions because they have been with Genesys for a long time but were never trained for a management position and were terrible leaders.

Cons

Management,
    Company works in silos
    Lack of communication from Managers
    trust within employees and management

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, they are not happy. Working here was one of the worst career decisions I've ever made. The Director I worked with was with the company for a long time, and the reason why she held her title was due to Seniority. She was a terrible leader and probably one of the worst people I've ever worked for/with. I don't even know how she's still employed with that organization.

"Great place to be"

Current Employee - Executive in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Executive in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Great culture. Good people who truly care about the company and the customers we serve. (Thankfully InIn has a very similar culture)
    - Growth for the company means growth for the individual in scope, responsibilities.

Cons

Cant' think of any. I have seen people leaving thinking the grass is greener elsewhere - they have been disappointed.

"Getting too big to be enjoyable"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

I worked at Genesys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some great people at the individual level there.

Cons

Not a lot of information shared with employees about things that really matter, budgets never ready on time

"To all ININ employees - get out now!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Used to work for ININ and loved it. Best culture, team, leadership, but everything has changed since the acquisition. Only pro about Genesys is that they have better time off policies.

Cons

Acquisition is going horribly. There are no real "leaders" at Genesys, only "managers". I don't think the execs have any idea how bad things really are on the ground level and they need to make some changes before all legacy ININ people find other jobs and leave a massive void (but it might already been too late). Absolutely do not value work/life balance. Also do not value career development or progression. They even took away the free candy that ININ had - I mean really?! that was a low blow. They will probably take away the free bagels on Friday's next. sad.

Advice to Management

Make the org structure more balanced and put ININ people in positions of power and influence along side Genesys people. List to what ININ people have to say and try to adopt some of their ideas.

Genesys has an entirely different view on how to run a business compared to Don Brown. They value saving money, pinching pennies, offshoring labor, buying out the competition and keeping the business running. Its not a sustainable model to keep or bring in good people.

ININ was about disruptive innovation and rewarding people that put in the effort. If Genesys wants to be able to handle competition like the new Amazon Connect, they need to go back to the business model that ININ used.

"Sr. Account Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Value their sales people for the most part, genuinely nice people across the company, they mean well despite the slightly inflated view of themselves. They are willing to get you a Mac computer when you're hired but you have to escalate request (before you even have a company email, see comments about escalation below)

Cons

Management makes decisions in a vacuum, unrealistic expectations for daily work routine of remote sales team, escalation culture where you have to copy 15 people and their bosses in order to get something done. If you're not part of the inner circle then you never know when your unanticipated last might be. Not very tech savvy for a leading software/tech company.

Advice to Management

Just because you say something over and over doesn't necessarily make it true...Truly invest in the cloud and create what tomorrow's CX environment will look like.

"Do not go there"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Remote, OR

Pros

Absolutely none and that is not being facetious. I cannot think of one good thing except the base salary.

Cons

Everything. It would take me pages to write. I went there for the salary and a HUGE mistake. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Advice to Management

Absolutely horrible to people. Treat them like dirt.

8. "Channel Account Manager"

Current Employee - Channel Account Manager in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Channel Account Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. #1 in Market!

Cons

Lack of marketing compared to competitors

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

individual contributors are nice people

Cons

management is weak. They are taking on more than they can with recent acquisition. Solution is limited. selling is a long sales cycle. Rate of commission before making a large number is low compared to other software companies.

Advice to Management

move on. fix culture especially at area vp levels.

10. "Many years with Genesys and looking forward for more"

Current Employee - Director in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- multi-cultured, diverse company
    - challenging assignments

Cons

- nothing special to share

11. "Fast-pace challenging environment"

Current Employee - Development Director in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Development Director in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I'm with the company for more than 10 years now and I enjoy the time I spent here very much. The best thing I like about Genesys is a close connection to our customers. The process of accepting customer's feedback and providing solution is efficient, very involving, and short. I've never had a feeling that my work is going to waste. Seeing new product features, improvements, bug fixes appearing in production deployments gives a sense of accomplishment.

Technological goals are changing along with the customer demands. It creates a healthy never ending inflow of new tasks which development team is exposed to. More often than not those tasks are not trivial. Considering that Genesys solution is known for its complexity (which probably should go to the Cons section) adding new features to our solution requires a lot of collaboration between different teams. The way how it is organized in the company and how people are open to discussion for solving problems in a collaborative environment is another great thing about Genesys.

All in all I do like what I do and who I do that with.

Cons

I saw somebody else was complaining about restaurants around Daly City office. I agree 100%. It could be better.