Genesys Reviews | Glassdoor

Genesys Reviews

Updated April 27, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • The location of the offices in Daly City is not great (in 20 reviews)

• Absolutely do not value work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

"Butcher Shop"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Genesys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Saving money by cutting costs. All Services have been slashed to maximize Profit for Private Equity Firm Permira.

Cons

Everything is being moved overseas! Indy is being traded for India. Russia will be the new destination for tech jobs as soon as they can figure out what they just bought. Every week people are disappearing and many more rounds of layoffs are on the way. No communication in the company. Only good new reports as people try to manage up and stay off the Synergy Spreadsheet. Yes!, some stupid MBA learned this in business school and they actually have a spreadsheet that you are stack ranked on at all times so they can easily make the cuts. I got the hell out recently and took a lower paying job, but at least I can sleep at night now.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to people. Be honest about the job eliminations and your strategy for the company. No one believes the horse poop.

"Too Many Fake 5 Star Reviews"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Genesys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Genesys promised to invest in the company (Interactive Intelligence). They staged a big show about the "merger". In reality it was a takeover, not a merger.

Cons

Many fake reviews. The honesty it lacking. Right after the Interactive Intelligence buyout announcement there started to appear a number of cheery 5 star reviews that were clearly falsified. This isn't the first time that Genesys HR has pumped up the reputation of the company. No one wants to work here anymore.

Advice to Management

Give up. No one in Indy wants to work for you.

"Genesys - Exciting growth happening!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working for Genesys ~ a company that is a category leader in customer experience (CX) and contact center solutions with growth and innovation! I highly recommend to anyone who is looking for a great career path, this is the place to be! I work with exceptional team! Genesys also has great benefits, including Open Time off & Vacation Policy! Great culture - casual and comfortable. A definite work / life balance is promoted!

Cons

Even though the growth is great, the feelings of change can be a little overwhelming. However with that said, the "over communicating company emails & the All Hands On Call approach" has been appreciated, bring more transparency, alleviating concerns. Just another strong reminder we are a Genesys Family/Team - moving towards a common goal of great success!

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

I have been working at Genesys (More than a year)

Pros

Great solution. Good people. I've been at Genesys for 5+ years and there has never been any technical challenge we could not overcome. They are a leader in the market for sure

Cons

The numerous acquisitions in the recent past are still not fully integrated into the suite of products. The evolution to Cloud is a struggle because of the multiple platforms and the operational silos that still exist.

6. "Will miss Genesys"

Current Employee - Contractor in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Contractor in Daly City, CA

Pros

Awesome work culture. Every one understands each other better and work together.

Cons

nothing to say. Everything is perfect.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

"An Immoral CTO"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

I worked at Genesys (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can work as much or as little as you want, show up to work or "work from home," and no one will notice or give a dam. If you are thinking of launching a startup, join Genesys.

Cons

This not a company for anyone who likes to innovate or grow. This is not a company for anyone who wants to build good habits. The Marketing people are mediocre at best, the Product team has zippo influence, and heading the technology organization is an immoral CTO who is interested only in growing his posse of obedient underlings. I left mainly because I could no longer stand working with someone for whom habitually lying outright was just another managerial technique.

Advice to Management

Values matter.

"Best career move ever"

Current Employee - Business Operations in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Business Operations in Daly City, CA

Pros

- Great culture: People are really, I mean really nice, helpful and caring which creates a truly safe working environment. The flipside is sometines an excess of consensus seeking which slows down decision making
    - Company trajectory: Going from $1.5bn valuation to $4bn in just 4 years while keeping a true family mindset with one of the lowest employee attrition in the tech industry is just amazing
    - International dimension: Offices in 40+ countries, business in 120+ countries = international opportunities for a lot of employees

Cons

- Very centralized organization
    - Unsexy industry and unknown brand for most: My parents and even my friends don't understand what my job is or at best believe I work in call centers!
    However one of the greatest asset of Genesys is to be under the radar, even if this sucks at my dinner parties!

Advice to Management

Empower your people, allow more decentralized processes with the appropriate controls in place

9. "Very Glad I made the decision to Join Genesys"

Current Employee - Vice President Development in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President Development in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys (More than a year)

Pros

I joined Genesys a little over a year ago. What a great decision. Company is growing like crazy providing great opportunities at all levels. Perfect place to be exposed to smart engineers and to grow my skills.

Cons

The location of the offices in Daly City is not great. Moving to San Francisco would be ideal for me :-)

Advice to Management

The strategy is solid, but execution is key. Keep up the good work with growing the company.

10. "Best company I've worked for in 30+ years"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time

Pros

- Smart, talented, dedicated colleagues who manage to stay calm and collected in a fast-paced environment.
    - CEO has true focus on employees - every major decision and subsequent announcement considers impact on employees (options, career opportunities, etc.).
    - Strong community both within the company and with respect to external charitable organizations.
    - Solid benefits package, especially medical.
    - Free parking, easy commute.
    - Plenty of flexibility with respect to hours, working remotely, etc.
    - Fast and efficient assistance from entire support infrastructure (HR, IT, Facilities, etc.).
    - Best of both worlds: energy of a start-up with stability and infrastructure (and profitability) of an established company

Cons

It's not so much the fog in Daly City, as the lack of decent places to have lunch close-by. The catered lunches on Thursdays help.

Advice to Management

- Stay the course, this is an amazing place to work and I'm proud and happy to be part of the team.
    - Consider arranging to have food trucks parked close by (perhaps in the huge white zone) on a rotating basis each day.

11. "Great culture, committed to customers"

Current Employee - Vice President in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, good teamwork and collaboration. Focus and commitment on customer success and customer experience.

Cons

In desire to grow and improve, sometimes organizations take on too much at once - conflicting priorities.

Advice to Management

Stay the course - keep customers #1, commitment to the cloud.