Cover image for Genesys

Found 2,012 of over 2K reviews

4.1
Genesys Chief Executive Officer Tony Bates
Tony Bates

What people are saying about Genesys

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Genesys and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

Great place to work

Aug 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great technology, culture and work life balance Flexible location - work from home or the office Lots of opportunities for career growth

Cons

Compensation and benefits could be more competitive with other tech companies

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Solid work environment

Nov 24, 2022 - Partner Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic work culture and benefits

Cons

Still working on automating some processes

3. Join the Genesys team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Bumpy road ahead

Nov 3, 2022 - VP-Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Product Great Space (CAAS) Good People

Cons

Poor Leadership Lack of Empathy Poor Decision Making

4 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Opportunity. Questionable Upper management.

Nov 3, 2022 - Full Stack Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

My managers were not restrictive when working on new cloud solutions. And I had access to all the tools I needed. Thanks to the trust and encouragement of my team, I was able to rapidly improve my skills as a software engineer.

Cons

Upper management is too distant from the customer and technology. New product features will take precedence over everything, regardless of the business value(if any) or other high-priority items put on hold. If you constantly roll out new features(garbage or not), you will most likely get promoted. I also understand that money is what business is all about. And sometimes, the company has no choice but to have layoffs if it helps protect the business. But when the business lays off the same departments in a short period, is management doing their job and making smart business decisions or learning from previous mistakes? To make things worst, management has gotten rid of highly performant employees when the business needs to run lean, how is this supposed to provide the business with more bang for its buck? Once again, they are too distant from the business(customer/staff) to make any smart decisions. sample prioritization: new button styling > increasing page performance or buggy features

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Empathy be damned

Oct 14, 2022 - Software Engineer Test
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the best and brightest employees, at least till they wise up and move on. Health benefits one of the top of the line. WFH

Cons

Genesys preaches "empathy", but doesn't practice. No reward for being a loyal employee. New hires are paid at the same rate of someone that has been around 10+ years. Completely kills any and all culture when buy out other companies. So glad TB can encourage employees to take time off from his 2nd Montana home, while "raises" are less than SSA COLA. But hey they'll send you a cabinet full of coffee cups. If you are a new hire, sure, absolutely apply and learn from some the best with industry leading technology. But be ready to move on after a few years because you will be underpaid and undervalued. Soak up everything you can and run for the hills. In efforts to be up to date on culture, also be prepared to be passed over for any sort of promotion or recognition if you identify as any majority, no matter how hard you work. While it is well documented and an atrocity in business as whole minorities are undervalued, Genesys has made a concerted effort to "fix" their statistics by undeserved promotions. Also if you are a VP, great place to apply as there are about 500 VPs. Bad place to be if you are a worker, but great if you are a manager with your golden parachute.

16 people found this review helpful
  7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, struggling to stay true to its values right now

Nov 2, 2022 - Senior Director - Marketing in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Healthy culture of people working together and genuinely helping each other to succeed and stay focused. Because of this, I would still recommend this company to a friend.

Cons

They just went through a pretty hefty RIF and didn't consider the productivity and value of the employees they cut. They cut performers and non-performers. Having competing products contributed to the downfall.

7 people found this review helpful
  8. 2.0
    Former Employee

Great product, toxic culture and politics, be wary

Oct 13, 2022 - VP of Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Genesys Cloud is the best platform in the market. The business unit has some of the smartest and most driven people I’ve gotten to work with in my career. You can have pride knowing the platform and product is best in class.

Cons

The reason I can’t advocate for Genesys currently is due to some of the executive leadership, specifically in the Sales organization. The current executive sales leader is fostering and creating a toxic culture of politics and blame. The previous leader would be very introspective and be a part of a solution to rough patches. The current individual blames everyone but herself and isn’t aware of the role she plays in the success or lack of success the organization is having. It is due to her true lack of leadership and emotional intelligence why I cannot recommend working in sales at Genesys.

14 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Nov 20, 2022 - Solutions Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growth opportunities, great benefits, work/life balance.

Cons

None that I can think of.

10. 2.0
    Current Employee

Sales talent should avoid…for now!

Oct 10, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leading brand in the CX market…with 30 years of history and dominant lead in innovation and market share…if not further mis-managed.

Cons

Ivory tower leadership and corporate politics at its worst: CEO seems disengaged, perhaps fretting missed IPO window. Rarely addresses employees and when does its spin about another corporate challenge/change. CRO is incredibly unqualified to lead sales for growth SaaS company. Arrived 2.5yrs ago with decades old hardware-centric playbook in-hand and has turned sales and market effectiveness upside down with zero accountability.

10 people found this review helpful
  11. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Customer Success was Amazing.... now... not so much...

Sep 2, 2022 - Senior Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, WFH, Unlimited PTO, Great co-workers, good product. Sales people paid very well. Competitive pay.

Cons

Lack of direction from upper leadership in Customer Success, Comp plans are always late and you commission checks are rarely on time. Lack of tools to fully support your customers. CS is under professional services. This once was a great place for CSMs now, it seems to be going down hill I hope they get it together again.

5 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,012 Reviews
</>Embed

Genesys Reviews FAQs

Genesys has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 2,256 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Genesys to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Genesys employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Genesys. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

82% of Genesys employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Genesys 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Genesys to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Genesys Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Genesys? Share Your Experiences

Genesys Careers

Cover image for Genesys

Your Experience Matters Not only is the experience you bring to Genesys important, but so is the experience you have at Genesys. What you...More

• Our Product
  • Our Benefits
  • Our Values
  • Our Careers

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

56 days ago

Diversity and Inclusion
“We were already spread out geographically, and now we’re participating in a truly virtual environment that levels the playing field. Understanding and accepting that this is the future of work has helped us identify new apertures with recruiting and retention.” Eric Thomas, Global Diversity Equity and Inclusion Officer at Genesys, sits down with KPMG US to discuss the impact of the pandemic and remote work on Genesys DE&I initiatives.
Shared image - https://www.kpmg.us/content/dam/global/pdfs/2022/kpmg-dei-hybrid-report.pdf
www.kpmg.us

74 days ago

Product News
Genesys has been named a leader in The Forrester New Wave™: Conversation Automation Solutions, Q3 2022 report. Conversation Automation Solutions enable sales and marketing teams to automatically engage, qualify, nurture and schedule meetings with leads, with the use of AI-powered VAs and chatbots — allowing sales reps to focus on building relationships with prospects and closing deals. Discover why Genesys featuring Exceed.ai by Genesys received the highest score in the strategy category: https://gsys.cx/3wYVqIu.
Shared image - The Forrester New Wave™: Conversation Automation Solutions, Q3 2022 | Genesys
The Forrester New Wave™: Conversation Automation Solutions, Q3 2022 | Genesys