Genesys Reviews in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Genesys Chief Executive Officer Paul Segre
Paul Segre

Pros
Cons
  • The location of the offices in Daly City is not great (in 20 reviews)

• Absolutely do not value work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

1. "Genesys values their employees"

Current Employee - Customer Care in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Care in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Here at Genesys, we have intelligent and caring colleagues. Every department at Genesys that I interacted with has inspiring, smart and totally real employees. Being yourself is important and encouraged. The mission of making Genesys a more open and connected place isn’t just a cool phrase, but it actually guides everything here. The diversity is better than any other company I’ve worked at and it’s getting even better in Daly City and other regions. The benefits are equal to all the major tech companies in San Francisco and after doing even further research, Genesys benefits are nothing short of incredible. The work is exciting and I feel good about having a secure future here. Some ININ employees are not happy with the merger and I can see they are posting arrogant reviews on Glassdoor, which is understandable. My suggestion for them is to be just a little bit more patient and at the end, everything will be okay. Patience is the key, so let’s not lose that thinking. If you are able to look in the mirror everyday and know that you are a good and loyal employee, that’s all that matters to Genesys. Your work is the best evidence there is, while Genesys works on this challenging merger. With that said, you will be given a lot of freedom at Genesys, but it’s also a responsibility to make sure you are doing things that are valuable to the company. If you work hard and can produce valuable output, you will be unreplaceable asset to the company. Genesys highly values their employees and you will recognize that after working here for at least 1 year.

Cons

I have been with the company for a few years now and I can tell you what’s real and what’s not. Genesys place is for real. Keep doing what you are doing!

"Used to be a Good Place to Work"

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people here are outstanding. For the most part, they really care about the company success and the quality of the work they produce. There is a good work/life balance and telecommuting is an option in most department. Benefits are OK.

Cons

For the last several months, the push has been on to move jobs to "low cost" centers in India and Russia. Long-term employees are being let go at a rapid rate--beyond what would be expected from the recent acquisitions. Morale is plummeting. Stock options now for regular employees are non-existent--only for the execs. This is all about making sure our bottom line looks even better to the VCs who own us, even though we already have double-digit growth.

Advice to Management

People are not interchangeable. Losing the history, product knowledge, and institutional experience of the people who built this company just to save a few dollars in the short-term is, at best, foolish. Don't let greed destroy what was an outstanding company.

"High time to start work on management mistakes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time

Pros

Any Pro to mention can only be of the past.

Cons

Top management/Equity investors' decisions on acquisitions, and then the silent lay offs in US that follow.
    Increase of headcount in low cost centers (India, Russia) at the cost of cutting down US/Canada employees of many years who have contributed and still have potential to contribute to company's success.
    No transparent (or very faked up) strategic plan is pushing employee morale to the lowest in years.
    No more stock options.
    Had good work/life balance, however it is all uncertainty and stress in recent times.

Advice to Management

Don't bask in glory of old good reviews.
    Work on the present.
    Please take a good course on Human Resource Management.

"Worse Career Decision of my life was leaving a wonderful job for this company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

I worked at Genesys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Time off policy, health benefits
    Some of the people I worked with were great, but Management was TERRIBLE and not fit for their jobs. Some managers were in their positions because they have been with Genesys for a long time but were never trained for a management position and were terrible leaders.

Cons

Management,
    Company works in silos
    Lack of communication from Managers
    trust within employees and management

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, they are not happy. Working here was one of the worst career decisions I've ever made. The Director I worked with was with the company for a long time, and the reason why she held her title was due to Seniority. She was a terrible leader and probably one of the worst people I've ever worked for/with. I don't even know how she's still employed with that organization.

"Great place to be"

Current Employee - Executive in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Executive in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Great culture. Good people who truly care about the company and the customers we serve. (Thankfully InIn has a very similar culture)
    - Growth for the company means growth for the individual in scope, responsibilities.

Cons

Cant' think of any. I have seen people leaving thinking the grass is greener elsewhere - they have been disappointed.

"Getting too big to be enjoyable"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

I worked at Genesys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some great people at the individual level there.

Cons

Not a lot of information shared with employees about things that really matter, budgets never ready on time

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

individual contributors are nice people

Cons

management is weak. They are taking on more than they can with recent acquisition. Solution is limited. selling is a long sales cycle. Rate of commission before making a large number is low compared to other software companies.

Advice to Management

move on. fix culture especially at area vp levels.

9. "Many years with Genesys and looking forward for more"

Current Employee - Director in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- multi-cultured, diverse company
    - challenging assignments

Cons

- nothing special to share

10. "Fast-pace challenging environment"

Current Employee - Development Director in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Development Director in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I'm with the company for more than 10 years now and I enjoy the time I spent here very much. The best thing I like about Genesys is a close connection to our customers. The process of accepting customer's feedback and providing solution is efficient, very involving, and short. I've never had a feeling that my work is going to waste. Seeing new product features, improvements, bug fixes appearing in production deployments gives a sense of accomplishment.

Technological goals are changing along with the customer demands. It creates a healthy never ending inflow of new tasks which development team is exposed to. More often than not those tasks are not trivial. Considering that Genesys solution is known for its complexity (which probably should go to the Cons section) adding new features to our solution requires a lot of collaboration between different teams. The way how it is organized in the company and how people are open to discussion for solving problems in a collaborative environment is another great thing about Genesys.

All in all I do like what I do and who I do that with.

Cons

I saw somebody else was complaining about restaurants around Daly City office. I agree 100%. It could be better.

"Trying to be an Omelett but still scrambled eggs since the 90's"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None, this place sucks. I never came across anyone that says they love this place other than the HR pukes who have to say they love it.

Cons

No work life balance at all. Weak managers and no support. I have worked for some larger and much smaller companies and they are fine tuned machines. The right hand of Genesys doesn't know what the left hand is doing as it is a very silod company.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending you care about your employees/customers and just own what you really are, greedy, over priced company with little innovation.

Genesys Response

Mar 16, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Omelette is spelled with an e. And, I actually do love it here - sorry to hear you feel differently. Happy to discuss anytime. Best, Tracy Tracy Cote, Chief People Officer