Cover image for Genesys

Genesys

Engaged Employer

Genesys

Add a Review

Genesys Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Nov 1, 2021

Found 88 of over 2K reviews

4.1
Genesys Chief Executive Officer Tony Bates
Tony Bates

What people are saying about Genesys

Join the conversation on

Tech

572.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Genesys~10078
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Genesys? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Genesys employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Genesys and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great culture, smart people, good benefits, challenging work

Jul 12, 2019 - Senior Product Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was inspired to write this review after I heard we submitted an offer to a fantastic candidate only for them to reject it based off of reviews of the company. When Interactive Intelligence was bought by Genesys, yes there was some turmoil. As there always will be with a merger of this size. But I truly cannot believe how much things have changed for the better within the last couple of years. My advice to folks is this: If you're thinking about working at Genesys, take reviews with a grain of salt, because many of them were written when things were not so great. Get to know the group you'd be working with and ask them questions to probe into what it's like to work here. I'm sure there are some groups that are 'better' than others and that my experience may not reflect everyone else's experience. But FWIW, I think this is a top-notch company to work for and I'm not planning to leave anytime soon. :) Some of the 'pros' in my experience include: - The culture. We are super chill, informal, silly, sometimes sarcastic, but always supportive. We care about the work we do and pour ourselves into it. We give support, ask for support, share, learn, fail and win together. - The people. Folks that I work with are hard-working, smart, supportive, and team-oriented. I hear my friends and spouse talk about those couple of incompetent people they work with and I can say I have not run into ANYONE who I'd consider incompetent here at Genesys. We not only hire people with the right talent, but that are the right cultural fit. There's no back-stabbing, no stealing of ideas, no unhealthy cliques. - The benefits. Okay, so our health benefits aren't amazing. But when you're happy in your job and are well paid, who cares if you have a high deductible. Anyways, other benefits here make up for it, particularly our open time off policy. No tracking PTO, you just confirm with your manage it's okay to take the time and you're good to go (if your'e wondering, I actually think people take LESS time off when it's open... there's not that 'use it or lose it' to make you feel like you should take vacation). We also have flexible work schedules and ability to work from home (I'm sure these vary by team and/or role). - The work. My management seems to genuinely care that people are in the right role and are fulfilled by the work they do. The work is always challenging and there's always more to do. When someone is overwhelmed, management wants to hear and takes action to make sure people don't over-work themselves.

Cons

As in almost every larger company, we have the silo issue happening. We probably don't communicate enough across teams and departments. No clear vision of WHY we do what we do. I'm a huge Simon Sinek fan and wish we would bring him in to help our executives first understand the importance of the WHY, then help them find their own WHY, then how to work within their groups to created nested WHYs. Not a con, but a question mark: our new CEO. He seems good, but only time will tell.

6 people found this review helpful

Global Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your thoughtful review. I agree with many of your comments. I’ve read Sinek too and he makes some great points; I have found that working with great people and exciting technology is part of my Why. With Tony on board, I anticipate that Genesys will continue to grow and evolve and continue to be a great place to work. Best, Greg (Greg Buck, Global Talent Brand Manager)

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Genesys - My family away from home !!!

Sep 11, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Genesys is not only a company one goes to work for – it will become and be your family away from home. The people are dynamic and exciting and fantastic to work with. Every day brings a new challenge and adventure. You are offered a unique opportunity to grow and the trust is there to allow one to work on an individual level but always knowing you have a support system in place with your managers and collegues. Genesys challenges you every day to be 200% of what you can be !! Genesys also bring to the table a unique offering and always strives for a great customer experience

Cons

One has to love working hard and be willing to go the extra mile. But the pay off with great results make up for this !

3. Join the Genesys team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work!

Nov 6, 2018 - Senior Proposal Coordinator in Manila, Manila
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun Work Environment Supportive Managers and Colleagues Competitive Salary Work-Life Balance Travel Opportunities

Cons

Work from home not allowed (controlled)

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good job if you don't want to care too much

Sep 11, 2019 - Technical Support Engineer in Daly City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work style here is pretty relaxed, so there is no such pressure as in Facebook or Google. Employees are often allowed to work from home (it mostly depends on the manager). At first you need some time to understand the software and how it works, but afterwards there's nothing hard.

Cons

Office is in Daly City where usually it is cold and foggy. Salaries are low (though maybe it's because there's no pressure). They don't provide lunch. There are a lot of old employees, and youth doesn't want to work here. You cannot progress with your career easy enough.

1 person found this review helpful

Team Genesys

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We work to make sure people can focus and do their work so they are able to have work-life balance. It’s a great part of working at Genesys. Our employees are encouraged to take ownership of their careers. We have a new Learning and Development portal all employees can use with thousands of trainings to them improve their skillsets. Take some time to map out what you want from your career and work with your manager on a plan to get there. Best, Greg (Greg Buck, Global Talent Brand Manager)

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Jun 27, 2017 - Senior Software Engineer in Chennai
    Business Outlook

Pros

Entrusts you with full responsibility for your work; Treats you and expects you to be responsible professionals; management doesn't come nagging behind you for every single task. Awesome work culture Good work life balance No Restrictions for Work From Home or Vacations Cares about Employee Wellness - Free Yoga/Zumba training and GYM facilities/ Wellness Room Free snacks and fruits Many initiatives like 'Toastmasters' and 'Market Yourself' sessions where employees can give a session on any topic under the planet, to improve their public speaking skills and showcase their technical prowess

Cons

No official training/introduction about all Genesys Products and Components to Freshers/New Joiners. People are given training only on the domain/product they work. So for curious folks who wants to completely understand all your company Products, it takes a lot of time.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Local HR team is a big headache

May 21, 2018 - Manager in Chennai
    Business Outlook

Pros

Chance to explore new opportunities if you are friendly with local top management along with their support your move to different team is possible in-spite of spending less than a year in a current role. Employee activities like birthday celebrations and sports events spread through out year. Everyday snacks. Work from home option if your manager agrees and it depends on them only.

Cons

HR team do not even know their basic job sometimes and instead few of them completely concentrate on extracurricular activities instead of their regular job responsibilities , no where I have seen that in my 15 years of experience. HR team is always back on few people to write only good reviews so that glass-door review rating do not go down as their global managers are watching. You will be terminated if you are under their radar , In the last couple of months employees are terminated with funny reasons. Do not trust anyone in Chennai local management and HR team as if you take any complaint or concern to them, they are either least bothered or take it up in a negative way your reporting manager.

11 people found this review helpful

Genesys Leadership Team

Thank you for sharing your views on Glassdoor. It is good to see appreciation for the employee engagement activities happening in Chennai. Genesys Chennai is Great Place To Work because of its employees and work culture. At Genesys, we believe in open communication and we have an open door environment. The review information indicates that you are currently employed with Genesys Chennai team in managerial capacity therefore, I ask you to reach out to me or APAC HR Lead/Chief People Officer to discuss your concerns. We wish you all the best and would like to see you as happy and motivated member of the team Chennai. Best, Atul (Atul Edlabadkar, Senior Director, Engineering and Chennai Site Leader)

8. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Internship at Genesys

Jan 2, 2022 - Web Programmer/Developer in Brest
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good inclusivity. Everyone has welcomed me warmly and was very kind to me. I had the possibility to work from home and a quite flexible calendar.

Cons

I have not seen to many inconvenient.

9. 1.0
    Current Employee

Don't Bother

Jun 25, 2021 - Director in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work from home and OTO policy.

Cons

No work life balance. Company treats you like a number and not a person. Constant layoffs. No job security or transparency.

12 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to work

Oct 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home Best team

Cons

No clear vision from the management

11. 5.0
    Current Employee

Love this company

Nov 25, 2019 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home capabilihty has resulted in a more balanced and happier life for my family. This capability is immeasurable. Company contributes to HSA account. If ypu are a family plan, company contributes $1500 a year. On a single plan, contribtes $750. So premiums are a non-factor for me because it almost evens out. Competitve salary for experience, qualifications and intelligence. Get monthly stipend for internet service. Get a company card for travel expenses. Repayments and reimbursements are streamlined for these expenses. Open time off (Unlimited PTO) benefit and typical US holidays off.

Cons

None. Zero. Nada. 99.9% perfect.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 88 Reviews