Geneva Woods Pharmacy Reviews | Glassdoor

Geneva Woods Pharmacy CEO Dan Afrasiabi
Dan Afrasiabi
  1. "GWP Review"

I have been working at Geneva Woods Pharmacy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Geneva Woods will recognize employee strengths and place people in jobs they will succeed in. This can mean transferring into other departments, advancing into other roles, or even creating a new position. The open door policy allows for frustrations to be voiced, and employees are given opportunities to review their managers and provide feedback as well. Management is always looking to provide stellar service... and recognizes the employees that do so. Our 6 senses values and the our mission to create a culture of excellence, drive managers and departments to make every client experience, a memorable one. While some employees may have a high title or rank within the company, ultimately they will band together to do what needs to get done. I have seen the VP of Pharmacy taking out garbage, work on plumbing, and take on whatever role is needed in order to assist his staff.

Cons

The training periods are somewhat non-existent and the majority of the job is trial by fire. While we are in the same building, we utilize different systems so we aren't able to answer all of client's questions without transferring. Deliveries are also unable to be consolidated for the most part, and the communication between departments is minimal.

Advice to Management

Working Managers will always earn the respect of their employees; some managers should be reminded that it is best to lead by example and never ask your employees to do something that you yourself would not do. Some managers should not so blatantly display their favoritism within their staff, or take advantage of new employee lack of knowledge. Managers must also be sure to give credit where credit is due, in... incidences when their staff members have presented great ideas or suggestions.

Geneva Woods Pharmacy2017-10-07
  2. "Not any more!"

Former Employee - Pharmacist

I worked at Geneva Woods Pharmacy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Well established high volume.

Cons

Bought out by big box pharmacy so everything changed. All about metrics, not patient care

Advice to Management

Stop treating pharmacists, who have doctorate level degrees, as if they are just pill counters

Geneva Woods Pharmacy2019-08-27
  3. "Great People"

Former Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Anchorage, AK

I worked at Geneva Woods Pharmacy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

My coworkers were mostly all team players and cared about their job and the people being served. A work schedule that is Monday through Friday mostly day shift is awesome. Good cross training in pharmacist positions.

Cons

Administration duties such as electronic training often had to be done on your own time. Duties continuously increased with less staff for assistance. Corporate seemed to make decisions without input from "frontline" staff.

Geneva Woods Pharmacy2019-05-29
  4. "Started out amazing until it was bought by big chain pharmacy"

Former Employee - Pharmacist in Wasilla, AK

I worked at Geneva Woods Pharmacy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing coworkers Wonderful independent, small town atmosphere Happy, wonderful customers

Cons

Salary too low for the high cost of living No raises or bonuses the whole time I was there PTO instead of paid vacations and actual sick days. This meant we had to use days we would have used for vacation as sick days.

Advice to Management

none as the original management isn't there

Geneva Woods Pharmacy2019-01-31
  5. "Collection"

I worked at Geneva Woods Pharmacy full-time

Pros

PTO, vacation pay, people are nice

Cons

You are a number not a person.

Geneva Woods Pharmacy2018-08-16
  6. "CSR"

Current Employee - Documentation Specialist in Wasilla, AK

I have been working at Geneva Woods Pharmacy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

constantly increasing accrument rate of paid time off.

Cons

has minimal room for advancement.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work.

Geneva Woods Pharmacy2018-07-10
  7. "i like it here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Geneva Woods Pharmacy full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a sense of family and community in Client Services. They always have positive attitudes considering the work they do. Management goes out of their way to appreciate their employees. There are growth opportunities within the company and cross training if asked for or is needed.

Cons

These values don't run through the rest of the pharmacy. Employees complain management doesn't show their appreciation. Training is lacking in every department. I am very happy in my dept but have had no training.

Advice to Management

Please show some appreciation outside of a monthly potluck. If you care about the work and attitude of the employees thats all it takes.

Geneva Woods Pharmacy2018-05-30
  8. "Staff Pharmacist"

Current Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Geneva Woods Pharmacy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance, closed door pharmacy, friendly management, fulfilling career

Cons

Honestly can not think of any cons

Advice to Management

N/A management was friendly and great!

Geneva Woods Pharmacy2018-05-30
  9. "Billing"

I worked at Geneva Woods Pharmacy full-time

Pros

I am not really sure

Cons

Favoritism among upper management. Sometimes it was an uncomfortable place to work

Advice to Management

Don't let the office manager have the run of the office. There was no one to approach if there were issues in the building

Geneva Woods Pharmacy2018-05-17
  10. "Decent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at Geneva Woods Pharmacy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible with schedule within reason, friendly coworkers, nice work environment.

Cons

They overwork employees that do their jobs well when they are behind schedule, and there is not much opportunity for advancement. They tend to put a lot of pressure on their employees, but for a good reason.

Advice to Management

Value your employees more.

Geneva Woods Pharmacy2018-03-29