Genex Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Peter C. Madeja

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Able to work from home - great advantage (in 58 reviews)

• Flexibility as a Field Case Manager; able to set your schedule around client appointments (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • no appreciation of case managers (in 27 reviews)

• Driving all day, no work life balance (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"RN Case Manager"

Former Employee - Medical Case Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Medical Case Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Genex Services part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, able to work from home. Great support from field office.

Cons

Can spend a lot of time on the road driving to various appointments due to traffic &/or distance

Advice to Management

take into consideration of drive time/distance when determining case load

2. "Started off great ..."

I have been working at Genex Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In the beginning, quick advancement. Co-workers helpful and friendly. Flex schedules.

Cons

Overworked and underpaid. Not all dept offer work from home. No further advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees or another company will. Business slowed for reasons more than we have been in the business too long. Get out of the dark age and into the new age.

"Case Manager, good company to work for"

Former Employee - RN Field Case Manager in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - RN Field Case Manager in Wayne, PA

I worked at Genex Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good PTO and other benefits. Very independent work environment. Management friendly and accessible. Laid back. Potential for monthly bonuses.

Cons

Need an improved training program. Specifically more training on workers comp laws and company policy.

Advice to Management

Expand training

4. "genex is a great company!"

I have been working at Genex Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, can work from home, pay is good, company is largest case management company in US

Cons

Very High expectations and goals, could work to have better communication throughout the company, health insurance seems expensive but I am sure it is everywhere

Advice to Management

genex is a service company and people provide the service. When you treat people well, they work extra hard for you. Don't lose the "people" in striving for the bottom line.

"Terrible work life balance"

Current Employee - Case Manager
    Current Employee - Case Manager

I have been working at Genex Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive salary with monthly bonus potential, which can be substantial, but also requires well over 40 hours per week of work. Home office set up when not traveling

Cons

Healthcare benefits and PTO is not competitive. Tremendous amount of travel, and mileage reimbursements doesn't cover the wear and tear. You are expected to do 8 hours of billable work per day, even if you are sick or attending a conference. Pressure to bill hours is intense.

Advice to Management

Be realistic about billable hours and expectations. You lose a lot of case managers by being inflexible.

6. "Field nurse case manager"

Former Employee - RN Field Nurse in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - RN Field Nurse in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Genex Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home, Manage your caseload as you need

Cons

Learn on your own and a caseload of 45 patient for more

"On your own"

Current Employee - Field Case Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Field Case Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Genex Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a salaried paycheck, you meet some nice people, have an opportunity to help someone. Flexible schedule.

Cons

There is no training except reading a few pages. Self learning. Many of the coworkers are not helpful, and disrespectful. All management cares about is making money. They are phony.
    Long hours. Some of the work is not billable.

Advice to Management

Invest in a better training program. The benefits are bad. Provide better health insurance, and another week, or two, of vacation. Other companies' benefits are much better.

8. "Good company in a constricting market"

I have been working at Genex Services full-time

Pros

Respect for employees
    Solid, dependable HR department willing to handle issues
    Mid-range employee benefits
    Company (& employee) support of community outreach initiatives - very active volunteers at the corp office in Wayne, PA

Cons

Constricting market makes the expected company goals harder & harder to reach. The consequence is employees (at every level) with way too much stress.

Advice to Management

Management grows the company, then sells to a private equity firm. There have been several sales in 10 years; and every time a sale seems on the horizon, employees get nervous. I guess that's what equity firms are supposed to do; but it's tough on people raising families to be unsettled about their jobs. The company should be more transparent, letting employees know when a sale is imminent or not imminent.

"Branch Operation Manager"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Genex Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Honestly, not many positives to mention other this they can make payroll....being that it's a large company, they can offer decent benefits.

Cons

Uneducated and incompetent people placed in VP positions. Not only do they have uneducated personnel in upper management positions, there is no resemblance of their original culture. No reference to their mission statement or whatever they stood for in their inception. Nothing is left....Somehow they decided it was beneficial to the company to put people in leadership positions who do not possess the most important leadership qualities. Genex is not a place I would recommend to anyone. It's a really tough sell right now. Very sad, once a great organization to work for, and one I gave my life to but now a very sad place.

Advice to Management

Do your do diligence, figure out why your attrition rate is dismal, why your employees are leaving.

"So little to be proud of"

Current Employee - RN Field Case Manager in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - RN Field Case Manager in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Genex Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good coworkers, free pens from vendors, work from home (is really your car, that you can't work out of).

Cons

Where do I begin...the billing is ridiculous. You are expected to show 8 hours of work per day in your billing. Most carriers limit your time, so you wind up working for free. Then the manager sends your projection, which is more than 8 hours a day. Sometimes you are told you have to bill more than 200 hours a month. Supposedly, this is based on your caseload and what you billed the previous month. So, don't bill a lot, and if my caseload says I should bill 225 hours in a 176 month, then my caseload is too high. All management wants is billing and reports. Reports equal revenue. Vacation is a joke for new people, 13 days for the first 5 years. Out of 260 working days, they give you 13 vacation days. Management tells you that you also have 6 sick days, but then when you use them it negatively impacts you. You get the standard holidays off, but it's only 7. So you work 240 days a year for the first 5 years. Benefits are poor. The deductible is so high, you might think of having a work injury just to cover anything. Dental insurance is more like a discount plan, your out of pocket is so high. Going to CEU's, don't think about it. They have them online for free, so you don't go and lose precious revenue time. No conferences people. Training in the office was good, it's a computer program. I wish there was more in the field training. It's pretty much be independent or sink. This job is not for everyone. If you are slow in speed, don't bother.

Advice to Management

Hire more people. Allow for "real" office time. Realize there should be a work life balance. That should not be on the road for 8 hours and come home to enter all of the work and work 4-6 more. That's no balance!!! Consider more vacation time, people need mental rest. Also, when I am on vacation, please don't call me about a stupid report. I don't want to hear from you. Respect that we are the worker ants building everything, and without us the whole colony would collapse. Treat your workers better. 1 star ratings is because I had to assign a rating, not because a star is deserved. CEO open your eyes, you are working people to death. Stress levels are through the roof. Stop the madness.