Gensler Studio Director Reviews | Glassdoor

Andy Cohen and Diane Hoskins
  1. "Studio Director"

Current Employee - Studio Director

I have been working at Gensler full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

An excellent place to be, positive and everyone works together to have an impact on the firm, people and world.

Cons

Long hours, weekends, holidays... it’s your firm mentality and must always take the call.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do, thank you!

Gensler2018-12-22

December 26, 2018Gensler Response

Thank you for providing such tremendous feedback on your experience at Gensler. We love to hear from our people!

"An exceptional place to find the balance between innovative design and business of design"

Current Employee - Studio Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Gensler full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Access to some of the most exciting global design opportunities to most impactful local initiatives possible in the industry. Leadership which is approachable and will invest in the next generation of future employees.

Cons

Size and scale requires a progressional who is discipline and focused. Pace is fast and expectations of staff is high so unless this is made clear, environment can be intimidating

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on developing the numerous talented and committed staff who grow up inside the firm and balance those champions of the culture with outside senior hires who can benefit from those with the long view of the firm. Scarcity of resources and talent means that the time to address concerns or mentor staff is exceptionally important. Cultivate the entrepreneurial spirit by finding the motivations of the staff...

Gensler2017-08-15

August 25, 2017Gensler Response

Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience at Gensler! We love to hear from our colleagues. Thanks again!

3. "Total Compensation"

Current Employee - Studio Director in Morristown, NJ

I have been working at Gensler full-time

Pros

Gensler's total compensation includes 2 bonus' per year plus profit sharing and ESOP contributions from the firm. This adds up to be considerably more than any comparable architectural firm. The design opportunities and culture are incredible.

Cons

There are no cons that I can include since my experience has been very positive. Our environment and culture add to the experience.

Gensler2016-07-08

"entrepreneurial culture rewards ambitious professionals"

Current Employee - Studio Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Gensler full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Everyone can be titled. . . not reserved for client facing folks Surround yourself with similar over-ambitious folks and challenge each other Diversity of work is really unparalleled. Small, large, medium projects 1 year out of school? Ambitious? you will rise to the top quickly.

Cons

Hiring process could be more selective. Often marginal people are hired and really struggle to stay afloat. Sink or Swim environment. Some do well with this, some don't.

Advice to Management

Assess talent on regular basis to understand who is excelling and who needs coaching to grow.

Gensler2015-09-21
  5. "People's Firm"

Current Employee - Studio Director

I have been working at Gensler full-time

Pros

The firm values the staff, it grooms people and talents. It is global, we work with people in the organization all over the world. It has many expertise within the 6000+ staff. There is never one dull day, as there is always a challenge waiting for you. It is a 24/7 firm.

Cons

It is a 24/7 firm. This is also a big pro when we are dealing with demanding project.

Gensler2018-11-13
  6. "Studio Director"

Current Employee - Studio Director in Hong Kong

I have been working at Gensler full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great opportunities for career growth and Great culture for professional development. This is real but unique career family for all talented people.

Cons

Busy in collaboration as teamwork is encouraged.

Advice to Management

Top Leadership should understsnd asia local culture for better management & communication globally and locally.

Gensler2018-04-24

April 27, 2018Gensler Response

Wow! Thanks for the terrific feedback! We are flattered by your positive appraisal of our entrepreneurial culture, which stresses the importance of career growth and professional development, and your mention of all the talented people who make up the Gensler family. We also appreciate ...

Found 6 reviews