Gensler "great place" Reviews | Glassdoor

Gensler Employee Reviews about "great place"

Found 809 reviews

4.0
Gensler CEO Andy Cohen and Diane Hoskins
Andy Cohen and Diane Hoskins
Pros
Cons
  • "There is so much going on, it is too easy to let work/life balance take a back seat(in 40 reviews)

• "Nothing out of the ordinary (can be long hours, navigating politics)(in 36 reviews)

Reviews about "great place"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Junior Level Employees and Technical Directors"

Former Employee - Project Architect in New York, NY

I worked at Gensler full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

A great place to start a career since there are many junior level employees

Cons

Project Managers and Studio Principals can be more concerned with internal politics than quality of work. Design directors and Project Managers tend to perpetuate the division between "technical" and "design" members of each team.

Advice to Management

Allow junior employees to explore more senior roles outside of the typical paths. Some of the most talented designers are pigeon-holed by the title of Job Captain into strictly technical roles.

Gensler2019-04-17

April 18, 2019Gensler Response

Thanks for the feedback! We love to hear from our people and want everyone at Gensler to make their voice heard!

"Great place to build a career."

Current Employee - Technical Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Gensler full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Gensler is a great place for people who are ready to build a "career" in Architecture, not just a "job". Lots of support for pursuing passions around architecture. Incredible talent and diversity. Strong culture around design.

Cons

There is so much going on, it is too easy to let work/life balance take a back seat.

Gensler2019-02-04

February 5, 2019Gensler Response

Thanks for providing such terrific feedback on your experience at Gensler. We love to hear from our people!

3. "Great Office"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Gensler full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great place to work for. Good round of people.

Cons

Management needs to hear out there employees more and get more help from them when following up on issues around the office.

Advice to Management

Give more responsibility to your staff members. Trust your staff members more.

Gensler2018-11-07

November 15, 2018Gensler Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at Gensler. We greatly appreciate the willingness of our people and our alumni to make their voices heard.

4. "great office culture and endless opportunties"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Gensler full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

great office culture that promotes creative thinking; opportunity to pursue work in areas of your choosing; competitive benefits and compensation; approachable leadership; all around a great place to work- at the top of the industry

Cons

specific to office location- resources are not always allocated appropriately, there is a lot of talking and not enough action; internal communication is not a strong suit; you have to put in long hours before work/life balance becomes a reality (not necessarily a bad thing)

Advice to Management

make clear decisions and communicate well

Gensler2018-08-14

May 20, 2019Gensler Response

Thanks for the feedback! We want every person at our firm to make their voice heard.

5. "Studio Coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Gensler for more than 6 years

Pros

Great place to work. Great culture.

Cons

I can't think of anything at this time

Gensler2018-05-31

May 20, 2019Gensler Response

Thanks for the phenomenal feedback! We love to hear from our people!

"Great place to learn & grow your career!"

Current Employee - Designer

I have been working at Gensler full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

You learn quickly at Gensler - it's definitely a great place to jump in and direct your career path where you want it to go.

Cons

Need to stay relevant with a disruptive digital age.

Advice to Management

Lead by example, work life balance is important it needs to be practiced and respected by everyone to become a reality.

Gensler2018-05-18

May 22, 2018Gensler Response

Thanks for the feedback! We are so glad that you are finding opportunities to learn and grow your career in ways that mesh with your personal aspirations and ambitions! Thanks again for the feedback and for everything you do for our firm and our clients.

"Leadership"

Current Employee - Technical in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Gensler full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great place for networking, you get to work on a lot of cool projects. If you are fresh out of college, Gensler is the place to be.

Cons

Leadership. People with tenure make it hard for change.

Advice to Management

You will continue to lose good employees, until you truly do something about leadership! It always start from the top! Get outside training for the leaders/managers. It will be money well spent.

Gensler2018-05-22

May 22, 2018Gensler Response

Thanks for taking a moment to share feedback on your experience at Gensler. We appreciate your candor and will take your comments to heart. Thanks again for the feedback and for everything you do for our firm and our clients.

8. "Above average"

Current Employee - Project Architect in New York, NY

I have been working at Gensler full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Good people and good environment, great projects and management. Overall, this is a great place to work and start your career.

Cons

Job roles are too sharply defined, politics are a must for advancement, still very corporate at times, overvalue designers, but undervalue technical staffs.

Gensler2017-06-24
  9. "Architect"

I worked at Gensler full-time

Pros

Great place to work. Loved the projects.

Cons

Fast paced schedule. Work-life balance is a challenge.

Gensler2017-02-15

"Your Experience At Gensler Depends on Your Role"

I worked at Gensler full-time

Pros

Great colleagues. Wonderful people. If you are a designer and you know the right people, it's a great place to be.

Cons

You are siloed into either being a designer or a technical person, so you will not gain well rounded experience. Unfortunately, technical people get less recognition. The administrative staff even less so.

Advice to Management

Your administrative staff is miserable. The turnover rate in that area is reflective of so. There is no leadership willing to standup to advocate for non-production people. Hardworking people are being treated unfairly because their managers won't speak up on their behalf. Inferior working conditions for administrative staff. They say you can always tell the quality of a good restaurant by taking a peek in the kitchen....

Gensler2016-11-30

December 28, 2016Gensler Response

Thank you for sharing this feedback on your experience at Gensler. We certainly agree that our people are the best part of our firm. Their spirit and expertise are what makes Gensler such a dynamic place to work year after year. Our firm prides itself on an openness to feedback ...

Found 809 reviews