Gensuite Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 22, 2017

Full-timePart-time

R Mukund

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible work arrangements, great place to be creative (in 5 reviews)

• Or to one of the other global locations to (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management just says 'yes' to the CEO instead of questioning how this will be beneficial (in 9 reviews)

• Stress, Work/Life balance has been a challenge (in 5 reviews)

1. "Good company and good experience"

I worked at Gensuite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of room for growth and fast paced

Cons

Some overload on higher level employees

Advice to Management

Trust your people

2. "ok"

I worked at Gensuite full-time

Pros

Good pay once you've been for awhile.

Cons

Environment is like high school.

"HIGH stress with unreasonable expectations & deadlines"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

I worked at Gensuite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Loyal employees, the only reason Gensuite has a 3.0 star rating on here is because they continue to ask their favorite employees to write up these sad short reviews and give it a 5 star rating to boost the overall company rating. Therefor I guess these employees are loyal but also manipulated/scared.

- At times awesome travel opportunities but really only for the folks on the Customer Services team, they often get to travel to their customer sites for training, etc. Or to one of the other global locations to “train” the staff there.

- If you’re unemployed and need a job this is a fine place to start, once you’ve got some experience under your belt LEAVE, get out of there before you completely become consumed and too comfortable to find something better!

Cons

- Micromanagement is the worst at Gensuite. I think the CEO is afraid of losing control so he literarily has his nose in EVERYTHING. Everything that is done at Gensuite, every decision that is made has to in some way shape or form go through him.

- The hours spent on the silliest things, doing and re-doing power points, emails, drafts, etc. so many hours wasted correcting and re-doing work.

- The employees in the other global locations slog their buts off too, I don’t want to forget about them. Most work crazy hours so that they can be on the US time zone.

- The countless meetings are never ending, there used to be a running joke that when folks from other global locations visit the headquarters in Mason they get nothing done. Why? Because of all the meetings, all day every day. So when your day is filled with meetings when do you really have time to get any work done? Oh yeah, at home after work usually or during your lunch break.

- Training seems to be constant, but no one ever learns anything from it. Oh and if they do, none of it can be implemented because the CEO thinks it’s stupid or it’s not “the Gensuite way of doing things”. So why even spend loads of money sending people to training if you don’t care and most importantly if the CEO himself isn’t going to participate? How can you expect your staff to be “Better Managers” if you aren’t going to try it yourself or be one yourself?

- Gensuite uses ColdFusion, no one uses that technology so good luck to the developers that ever want to work anywhere else!

- Too many emails! They just keep coming, they never end and you can’t keep up! Forget about trying to stay organized or keep on top of what you’ve addressed and haven’t. Before you can read and reply to one 10 more come in, it’s insanity! And because there are global team members working around the clock you will receive emails non-stop.

- The finance dept. is a joke, I don’t even know what half of them do to be honest except chase receipts and hound people for approval emails. And create budgets which are also a joke.

- Experience doesn’t matter, anyone with any real experience that gets hired on at Gensuite doesn’t last long because usually their expert opinion in a certain area isn’t taken into consideration because it isn’t “The Gensuite Way”. So they either end up leaving or get fired because they’re considered stupid or incompetent.

- There are three types of people that survive here: 1) the people who have been with Gensuite since its inception, who have already been “molded” as they like to call it, 2) the young ones (which is more than half of the staff) who are easily molded & manipulated, and 3) money hungry people

- Performance reviews are a joke and not taken seriously, most managers don’t give them the time and attention they should, and quite frankly there are way too many forms!

Advice to Management

- I honestly am not sure how such a high percentage of the reviews on here approve of the CEO, this percentage is blowing my mind! But I guess it’s because most of these reviews were written by current employees who got something for writing them. The CEO is a horrible leader and manager. I understand at times he is under a lot of stress and pressure because after all that is his business. But listen, you don’t have to treat your staff like crap and yell at them, at times in front of their peers, make them feel so little and stupid that most have either cried at their desks or went home and cried. SO my advice to the CEO and some of the managers there is, stop it with the public shaming, they’re not ok and they don’t make you a good leader, they just make you look like a monster.

- Boozing and spending lots of money on fancy alcohol or an open bar at an event doesn’t make your employees happy (well most of them at least, it may a select few). Your attitude, your passion, your love, your forgiveness, your respect does. Treat others the way you want to be treated if not better.

- Build a business and an environment where everyone will be happy to come to, each and every day.

- Remember, good employees don’t leave a company they leave bad managers….

4. "Good people, the system can be improved"

Current Employee - Lead Developer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Gensuite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The people is awesome, I like to work with them
    - Some of the bonus plans are great
    - They have parties in the office or in different bars constantly
    - The snacks are good
    - They improve the company constantly
    - They listen your ideas

Cons

- The company doesn't offer good trainings
    - The code in some modules is difficult to read

Advice to Management

You need to improve the code review, you are doing good testing but nobody is reviewing the code and try to adopt a different language than ColdFusion

"Smart people with zero business acumen"

I worked at Gensuite full-time

Pros

Preface: Gensuite offers free swag (underarmor shirts, travel mugs, etc.) to employees who write positive reviews of them on this site. Now, with that out of the way, let's begin...

The people I worked with at Gensuite were, with very few exceptions, extraordinarily intelligent and friendly, and willing to put forth whatever effort was needed in order to get the job done. Unfortunately, senior leadership has no idea how to run a business. The CEO is like Rain Man - a genius with numbers, but completely incapable of understanding how to be a human being. He's likely autistic.

Cons

"We are a matrix-based organization" means people are shuffled from role to role at the whim of upper management, as they continue to try and chase ephemera instead of laying a solid organizational foundation upon which to grow. The company *expects* 20% revenue growth YOY - which any idiot who's taken Business 101 will tell you is completely ridiculous - and when they can't hit that chimerical target, reshuffle the organization YET AGAIN. Simple economic theory would tell you that you allocate your resources where you get the best return - that includes people. You can't tell your Sales force they suddenly have to start reviewing code to hit an organizational target or else they'll be pinged on their review!
    I could go on. Understand this company is schizophrenic, and that leaving it was the best thing I ever did. You will be worked to the bone, told to do things *well* outside of your core competencies and threatened if you can't become an expert in the subject matter within 72 hours, screamed at in the breakroom by upper management in front of the entire company, and lied to by people who think you're too dumb to realize the truth.

Advice to Management

Your emotional IQ is, like, in the negatives. Understand your people! Don't work them like dogs, scream at them in front of their co-workers, and interrupt them when they try to communicate to you, and then think a few hours of drinks every quarter on the company dime makes it okay. It doesn't! You are feared, not respected. Change that.

Gensuite Response

Aug 11, 2017 – HR

Thank you writing a review about your time here at Gensuite. As a growing company, we are doing our best to meet all our employee’s expectations but we cannot address a concern that we are unaware... More

6. "Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Operations Research Analyst in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Operations Research Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Gensuite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent industry training and it's a great way to get into ID.

Cons

A lot of work and you need to be prepared to make sacrifices to get rewards.

Advice to Management

Find a way to help employees balance work/life balance.

"Worst"

Former Employee - Code Monkey in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Code Monkey in Mason, OH

I worked at Gensuite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. There are no pros about working for this company.

Cons

Spaghetti code is totally ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Stop abusing employees

Gensuite Response

Apr 21, 2017 – HR

Thanks for writing a review! Over the past few months, we have experienced changes due to growing our company, we are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. To ensure employee satisfaction, we... More

8. "Review"

I have been working at Gensuite full-time

Pros

Competitive work environment, your team motivates you. Are able to expand responsibilities and explore different projects as you prove yourself.

Cons

It takes time to become acclimated in the Gensuite way- which comes with every company to fit in their culture

"Great Opportunity for starting out"

Pros

Gensuite is a great place to work, many chances for success and achievement.

Cons

Large workloads that keep you on your toes the majority of the time. There never really is a slow down point.

Advice to Management

Building a strong team and an even stronger company you have to allow people the time to grow.

"Great career growth opportunity"

I have been working at Gensuite (Less than a year)

Pros

Gensuite is a growing company with a continuously evolving team dynamic. This makes for plenty of growth opportunities. Employees are recognized and rewarded for going above and beyond to align with the general company culture of setting and achieving goals. The benefits are great and leadership recognizes and accommodates the needs of working parents. I have never felt pressured to work to an extent beyond what I am willing to commit to advancing my career. I am thankful to have some great professional relationships here and would absolutely recommend Gensuite to a friend or colleague looking for experience in a niche IT business with excellent growth potential.

Cons

The Gensuite products are designed for complex workflows. There is a bit of a learning curve involved to understand the workflows and the drivers/purpose of the tools. Like with any new job, expect about 6 months to get fully up to speed.

Advice to Management

There are huge payoffs in getting to know and investing in your team! It is so important to make the time to share knowledge and train newer team members. Keep reaching out to people and getting to know them and what drives them. Keep up with the new program for training and mgmt. development opportunities - it makes your teams feel valued and energized.