Gensuite Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
R Mukund

Pros
  • Free food in the pantry, if you work long hours, they give you "some" money extra (in 8 reviews)

• Flexible work arrangements, great place to be creative (in 5 reviews)

1. "Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Operations Research Analyst in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Operations Research Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Gensuite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent industry training and it's a great way to get into ID.

Cons

A lot of work and you need to be prepared to make sacrifices to get rewards.

Advice to Management

Find a way to help employees balance work/life balance.

"Worst"

Former Employee - Code Monkey in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Code Monkey in Mason, OH

I worked at Gensuite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. There are no pros about working for this company.

Cons

Spaghetti code is totally ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Stop abusing employees

Apr 21, 2017 – HR

Thanks for writing a review! Over the past few months, we have experienced changes due to growing our company, we are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. To ensure employee satisfaction, we ... More

3. "Great company, Great benefits, Great people"

Current Employee - Business Process Specialist in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Business Process Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Gensuite is an outstanding company to work for, I love the people, culture and benefits! They truly value their employees and show it through bonuses, promotions and pay raises. Gensuite's rapid growth makes for great advancement opportunities.
    Management is fantastic and freely allows you to do your job without micromanaging.

Cons

Fast pasted/ high stress at times.

"Great Starting Company"

I have been working at Gensuite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are friendly and there are opportunities for growth.

Cons

Rigid top down operation structure.

Advice to Management

Create a better training program and break down the rigid top down operation structure. Grant more autonomy to employees.

"Fast Paced Environment"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Mason, OH

I worked at Gensuite (Less than a year)

Pros

Great group of people; challenging environment; great place to gain a variety of experience

Cons

High workload; some of the upper management play favorites; negative working environment (constant fear of screwing up)

Advice to Management

positive acknowledgement goes a long way

Apr 21, 2017 – HR

"A great place for personal and professional growth"

Current Employee - Associate Business Analyst in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Associate Business Analyst in Mason, OH

I have been working at Gensuite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive compensation and great benefits package. Extremely talented team of professionals willing to mentor new hires. Professional development courses/training available

Cons

Heavy workload, seemingly impossible at times. A lot of young people, fresh out of school. You may be asked to be a part of some projects that are out of your comfort zone

Advice to Management

I've had a really positive experience at Gensuite. This place will definitely test your strengths and weaknesses, in a good way. That is, if you're up for the challenge and looking for an opportunity to grow professionally. If you're not, well then you're probably not going to like it here very much. The management knows what they're doing, and they really want you to succeed. I've never worked at a place where there's been so much emphasis on teamwork and it really shows. Anytime I've felt overwhelmed or stuck on how to troubleshoot a problem, I can literally go to anyone and ask for guidance. I'm always amazed at how quickly people act to help me solve my problem or show me how to do something - especially when I know everyone is so busy with their own stuff. I wouldn't want to work someplace where that wasn't the culture; where everyone is out for themselves. This is also a place where your good work doesn't go unnoticed. Hard work, good time management, building positive relationships with your co-workers and customers, and using the resources available to you will get you far here. Just as anyplace I suppose, but here, you'll be surrounded by likeminded, talented and intelligent people who will motivate you to work a little harder, and achieve a little more than you thought you could. It's really a very unique place, and I'd recommend to those people who like to have a lot on their plate and have some variety in their responsibilities. You'll get a chance to little of everything, even if its out of your comfort zone. You might find out you have talents you never knew you had!

"It's not for Everyone -"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Mason, OH

I worked at Gensuite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company makes honest attempts at going above and beyond for employees - free food/drinks, lunches are frequently ordered in as a reward for ongoing initiatives, frequent contests where you can win prizes or cash bonuses. They also do Christmas bonuses which really start to add up after a couple years.

From talking to customers, the product is far better than any of the competitors in the space.

They hire a lot of people right out of college from different disciplines.

You get promoted quickly if you can demonstrate your value quickly...it helps to have an entrepreneurial approach and learn to empathize with your customers, as the company's success is based on actively partnering with their subscribers.

You get to do a lot of different things, so you don't get bored. The customer list is really impressive and you get to travel to some cool places. I worked with Global Leaders for some big companies, which looked great on my resume.

Cons

They're still a startup and the company is growing really fast, with all of the typical pains that go along with it. New departments or positions were frequently created where they'd bring new people in with only a general idea of what they'd work on. Some people would take initiative and succeed, while others just wouldn't work out. To be successful at the company, you have to give your all, so these people typically flame out spectacularly after working so hard at their failure. Be sure that you understand the scope of your job and be ready to deliver before accepting a position.

The Services and Product Management teams ultimately make the place run - the work is intense and takes a while to get up to speed, but the managers generally care and want you to be successful. It's not a basic 9-5, but you get paid really well which usually makes up for the extra hours you have to put in (but not always). The turnover is really low on those teams compared to the industry.

Working with global teams can be tough - everyone works localized hours, which means that you have to count on email or someone having a late night meeting to collaborate with your project team. It takes some adjustment to make it work.

All decisions go through the CEO, with limited delegation. My manager knew how to plan ahead and work well with him, so it helped me, but people who are unprepared or haven't mastered "managing up" don't usually fare well. I've since learned that this is a required skill in working with Senior Executives in general and isn't exclusive to Gensuite.

Advice to Management

Hire a consultant that specializes in scaling IT startups, so that the team can focus on Service and keeping the software on the cutting edge. I left because I felt like I was wearing too many hats and wanted a job where I could focus my efforts on truly just being a Business Analyst.

Plan ahead before launching initiatives so that they can be executed cleanly and not feel so rushed. Also, only one initiative at a time, please.

Have a focused plan for people that are hired into newly created positions. It would address much of the bad online PR from people who give it their all, but fail because expectations weren't met on either side.

Show that life balance is a corporate priority. It will help with the occasional burnout that many people experience.

"Associate Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Associate Business Analyst in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Associate Business Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Gensuite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

get perks, bonus in once year.. thats it rest not sure.salary hike depends how you make your leads happy, entertain them & take care of them

Cons

if you like copy paste work from excel and entertain your leads ..then join this company...this company is for those people who don't even know excel ...they just come for time pass....and if you from outside then those people will make your life hell..

Advice to Management

change the whole lead staffs, learn some leadership skills, excel, stop demotivating other people and screw other people..

Apr 21, 2017 – HR

Your feedback is appreciated! At Gensuite, we value our team members, so your opinion is important to us. Over the past few months, we have experienced changes due to growing our company, we are ... More

"Questioning Other Reviewers Experiences"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Mason, OH

I have been working at Gensuite full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

My experience is different than the negative reviewers - some truth, but seriously question some of their claims!

Dedicated team; exponential opportunity for personal growth; company is growing even with attrition.

Every job takes dedication - it's no different at Gensuite. Those reviewers who question overtime and working lunches apparently don't have deep working experience. Every job I've ever had required extra working hours - is it always fun to do? No! But the extra effort is rewarding personally and professionally.

Our customers are very important to our team and are quick to recommend us to others or demand their new employer bring Gensuite to them. How many service providers get positive and consistent word of mouth recommendations - this one does!

Very generous pay and bonuses! They have customers all over the global in almost every industry vertical! Most managers and leaders are awesome to work with!!

Cons

The company is growing, of course there is going to be turnover? Does a growing tree never shed leaves? Those who claim high turnover rate is calling a red herring in my opinion. It can be stressful - especially during end of year or when working with multiple projects. You will work on multiple projects at one time - is it hard? Yes, but they're still young and need all hands on deck. Public shaming - it has happened before, but I've noticed it being reduced or disappearing completely under their new structuring.

Advice to Management

Work on mentoring and simplifying some of the bureaucracies. Trust your workers - one size does not fit all. Praise workers

"Dead trees can’t shed leaves!"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Mason, OH

I worked at Gensuite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Breakroom stocked with free food and catered working lunches
    - Occasional travel opportunities to client sites
    - Good entry level position to gain a wide range of experience

Cons

**The title is in reference to another reviewer attributing the high turnover rate at this company as if it were a growing tree shedding some leaves, well shedding 90% of your talent killed this tree.”**

First and foremost, I agree with the other reviewers that at least 80% of the positive reviews are from management trying to improve the reputation of this company. Word of advice, any review where it states the employee has worked more than 1 year = management. I know this as the turnover rate was so high that employees were training new hires within six months and then typically fired or promoted to a more senior (non-management) role within a year. In fact, many promotions occurred when overworked employees threatened to quit, so you can always bring that to the bargaining table. Overall, in my year at Gensuite I saw approximately 20 employees leave (globally) in a company that only employs approximately 100.

When I was hired, the first red flag was the fact that this is a company where everybody in management is a “Vice President” (at least 10-12 managers, I lost count) and only one of them has any true clout which was easily recognizable within the first week. The next issue was that any person that could perform basic math (project income + new clients) – (projects overbudget + global employee overhead) = Deficit. Yet all that was talked about was growth up until many employees/management were laid off. I do however, do not believe that this company will fold in the near future as its product is an integral part of its parent company.

Most of the other “constructive” reviews are spot on which is a shame because I, and many others, were excited and eager to start work at a relatively young company that appeared to have solid career potential. Here is a summary of other important notices:

- No work/life balance (hardworking employees but cannot keep up when even working nights and weekends)
    - Average salary that becomes below average with additional work time
    - Loosely assigned Business Analyst title (you will do and be responsible for almost every part of the process from marketing to tech support, even billing and tracking down payments when we have an entire useless billing dept.)
    - High employee turnover, highest for BAs
    - Unprofessional public defamation whether mistakes were small or large (during company meetings or via e-mail)
    - Inconsistent management (Assigned to projects without your knowledge, pulled in multiple directions from multiple managers/teams)
    - Hard to gain knowledge/tips from your mentor/managers when everybody is triple booked for meetings. (Also, any lull in performance will then require more meetings and then follow up meetings to track your progress. I suggest you watch the movie Office Space for a good example.)
    - CEO changes company directives and projects on a weekly basis which can be challenging
    - Bulky internal processes/applications that eat your time when you should be helping clients
    - Spending 10+ man hours and 50 internal e-mails to decide whether a text color or font is appropriate for a client (A little exaggerated but not by much, this type of procedure creates unnecessary work and causes delays to customers)
    - A lot of childish office politics, many successful long-term employees (over 1 year) survive by delegating work to those with equal titles (and workload) within the company.

I sincerely hope that this and other reviews help you gain some insight regarding Gensuite. Glassdoor is an excellent resource and I had checked it before working here so at least I had an idea of what I was getting into.

Advice to Management

Advice to management: I’m a consultant now, and I do not provide free advice on how to run a company, just as you do not complete work or conduct troubleshooting for your customers if they are out of billable support hours. If you want any good free advice, I suggest reading the other constructive reviews.

Advice to prospective employees: Only work here under these conditions: You are a) unemployed and desperately searching for work or b) just graduated from college looking for a place to obtain experience in a wide variety of job titles. If you must work here, I suggest that you still continue your job search so that you may find a place with an actual work/life balance as well as opportunities for career advancement.