Gentiva Physical Therapist Reviews | Glassdoor

Physical Therapist

2.0
David Causby

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Many dedicated staff that did the one on one patient care (in 22 reviews)

• I loved being able to spend time with the patients and families (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management micromanaging every little process to suit their own likes (in 26 reviews)

• Pay per visit model with unpredictable census (in 11 reviews)

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Hopkinsville, KY
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Hopkinsville, KY

I worked at Gentiva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company cared about the employees. I was always treated very well. The company spent a lot of time doing research and implementing best practices.

Cons

I really have nothing negative to say. Some people may complain about the way they encourage longer care plans, but the research is there to back it and after all, it is a business.

Advice to Management

Keep treating your employees well and keep providing leadership that encourages your staff to be better.

"Physical therapist"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Gentiva full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The local office personnel were great to work with across the board, including fellow clinicians, supervising staff and office staff.

Cons

Upper level management employs too many who are paid to run metrics on everything under the sun and have too much time to point out more and more nonsense ways for the clinicians to duplicate information on our notes that are already way too long. The higher level management has lied about matters as well. I do not want to work for this type of organization that apparently condones these actions and lies from more than one person.

Advice to Management

Listen to some to the fine Ted talks out their that describe how management ought to be treating their employees so they will become eager, dedicated and more productive, rather than feeling used by and tread upon by the company's chain of command.

"Good place to work, if you can handle it."

Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Catonsville, MD
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Catonsville, MD

I have been working at Gentiva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good managers and office staff. Pretty good rehab staff, some are better than others but you'll find that wherever you work. Tons of educational materials, lots of classes and skills checks performed to make sure clinicians are up to par. Compensations is decent.

Cons

Always seems to be issues with nursing which reflects poorly on the rest of the care team. Lots of issues with the documentation software and email system, which is a major issue since that's how clinicians communicate and get paid. Unrealistic productivity requirements. As soon as Gentiva was bought by Kindred they increased productivity requirements for new hires.

Advice to Management

I can't speak for other branches but the management at my office does a good job, but they need to be on top of nursing to make sure they are showing up when they are supposed to and/or communicating with the care team and patient with regards to schedule changes.

4. "PT"

Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Trumbull, CT
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Trumbull, CT

I worked at Gentiva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice co-workers. Good educational opportunities.

Cons

It's all about the bottom line.

"PT in WV"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist

I have been working at Gentiva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

used to be a nice flexible work load

Cons

you either are too busy or not busy
    after the kindred buyout we are loosing money and expected to do things without getting paid

Advice to Management

fight for whats right for your employees

"Physical Therapist"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Umm... You work so much the paychecks are usually pretty good

Cons

Very unorganized, unrealistic expectations, terrible management, amount of time spend documenting is unreal

Advice to Management

Listen to your therapists when they give you advice. Don't overwork them

"Holy documentation, Batman!"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Good territory, great therapy staff, good communication between disciplines, pay is excellent.

Cons

The documentation is overwhelming. I'm not new to homecare so it's part of the job , but this is just silly. I do not know how people with kids and family handle it.
    The company just switched over to kindred' benefit package for 2016---benefits are "meh".

Advice to Management

Hire more staff because the current staffing levels are not adequate to keep carrying these caseloads while meeting the documentation volume and deadlines

"PT"

Former Employee - Physical Therapist
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist

Pros

Great co workers, good team work with other services offered

Cons

Admin could careless about patient caregivers, huge on office politics, make therepists keep patients when they should be discharged.

Advice to Management

The new acquisition by Kindred should look into the office procedures

"Middle Management Mish Mash"

Former Employee - Staff Physical Therapist for Home Health
    Former Employee - Staff Physical Therapist for Home Health

I worked at Gentiva full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The dedicated clinicians I worked with were top-notch, demonstrating excellent clinical skills and insightful team coordination, as well as compassion and kindness for the patients. Your amazing co-workers will keep you working here much longer than you want, long after you begin considering moving on.

Cons

The luke-warm management and support staff from our local branch were usually more concerned with productivity, census, statistical data or reports that ranked us with other branches nationwide than with the support that the field clinicians needed to be successful.

Advice to Management

Try to remember how hard the clinicians work, because all of the success this agency enjoys is due to their dedication. Reward them with the respect, compensation and benefits they deserve, regardless of whether the numbers add up to what you want.

10. "Good people"

Current Contractor - Home Care Physical Therapist
    Current Contractor - Home Care Physical Therapist

I have been working at Gentiva as a contractor

Pros

I have worked at 2 different locations and management, office staff, and clinicians have all been a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Gentiva requires lots off documentation but no more than other home health agencies I have worked for.

Advice to Management

Focus more on function and ensuring the patient is getting better rather than minute details in documentation.