Gentiva Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
David Causby

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Many dedicated staff that did the one on one patient care (in 22 reviews)

• I loved being able to spend time with the patients and families (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management micromanaging every little process to suit their own likes (in 26 reviews)

• Pay per visit model with unpredictable census (in 11 reviews)

1. "Working at Gentiva"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in North Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in North Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Gentiva full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The employees feel supported both by their colleagues and by administration. It's like a family at Gentiva, no one is left alone.

Cons

The case load can be challenging at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to support your employees and to foster the family atmosphere which to a great extent helps in retention.

2. "Great opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

I have been working at Gentiva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working in the Hickory branch. Flexibility in setting schedule, plenty of opportunities to grow, tons of resources available for patient care and education, great benefits, love my coworkers, everyone is helpful, best team I have worked with!

Cons

There is a lot to learn and it takes about 6 months to really feel confident. Good thing is there is always someone willing to help.

Advice to Management

Listen to staff, provide honest feedback, be flexible

"Not what it used to be!!!"

Current Employee - Nurse in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Nurse in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Gentiva full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PTO is generous.
    Pay is competitive.
    I love the job I do. Not necessarily the company I work for.

Cons

Insurance benefit options are subpar and most employees cannot afford deductibles required before insurance starts paying. Coinsurance is not insurance!! Bring back insurance with copay options!!
    Like most corporations, bottom line is the most important focus.

Advice to Management

Truly listen to your employees and stop thinking what you are doing is the best way, without finding out what the people who have to deal with it think. Many processes are repetitive or unnecessary.

"Emotionally draining lpn"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Griffin, GA
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Griffin, GA

I worked at Gentiva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay. I made $60,000 my first year there. 120 hours of PTO off.

Cons

Horrible micromanaging. I felt my knowledge and 8 yrs of experience was constantly questioned and being told by management "I'm sorry to hear that" when I voiced legit concerns. Expect you to see 12-15 patients in one day in 5 counties and being told to move visits to the next day when you already have 10 pr more visits the next day. Orders not being put in a time,y fashion. RNs overwhelmed with scheduling and paperwork which had a domino effect on me. I did home health for 7 years and the last year of my two years at Gentiva nearly broke me.

Advice to Management

Actually utilize your resources as a manger. Take confidence in your clinicians. If you can't then maybe you shouldn't have hired them to begin with.

"CM to management."

Former Employee - Manager of Clinical Practice in Roanoke, VA
    Former Employee - Manager of Clinical Practice in Roanoke, VA

I worked at Gentiva full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Chances for advancement. Not stuck in an office all day. Always enough work to go around. Clinicians are really there for the patients.

Cons

In my case, those above didn't know how to tell the truth, & was barely in the office, yet upper management was blind to the problems this presented. Frustrating that across the board raises were given ...when obviously some didn't even do their own work on time.

Advice to Management

Pay attention when you're being told there's a problem. Quit using everyone then throwing them to the curb when they no longer go along with your bullying.

May 18, 2017 – Manager of Online Reputation

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience working with us. We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of caring for our patients. Providing your... More

"Clinical Manager"

Current Employee - RN Clinical Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - RN Clinical Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Gentiva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great colleagues if wasn't for them wouldn't be enjoyable. No micro managing. Work to home balance not to bad. Stable company

Cons

Horrible computer system, creates unnecessary work, causing you to have to double document, branch director never gets back to you on vital info. A lot of nursing turn over. Processes never seem to get followed through with.

Advice to Management

Processes need reviewed and carried out, orientation needs major improvement

May 8, 2017 – Manager of Online Reputation

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience working with us. We value all feedback and understand our employees are the heart of our company. Providing your contact information will... More

"Volunteer Services"

Current Employee - Volunteer Services in Florence, AL
    Current Employee - Volunteer Services in Florence, AL

I have been working at Gentiva part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a great company to work with and I loved all of patients.

Cons

Not really any cons to the volunteer side.

Advice to Management

Try to appreciate the volunteers a little more.....because we do not get paid and we still treat the patients like we are getting paid very well.

May 10, 2017 – Manager of Online Reputation

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are honored by your service.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Executive Director in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Director in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Gentiva (More than a year)

Pros

Recently went through a formally name change to Kindred at Home. Large organization with several business lines of service that offers a true continuum of care. Very financially stable.

Cons

Sometimes slow to make process changes which can cause frustrations. Large company which is very layered in management positions and

Apr 17, 2017 – Manager of Online Reputation

We’re glad you have a great experience with us. Our employees truly are at the center of our mission.

"About the bottom line"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Enterprise, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Enterprise, AL

I worked at Gentiva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having the privilege of caring for patient and families at the most difficult time in life

Cons

company is more about the numbers and bottom line rather than quality care of patients

Advice to Management

Remember these patients are at the end and 1 hour is spent with them staff should not be punished because its past the 30 minute recommendation

Apr 18, 2017 – Manager of Online Reputation

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience working with us. We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of caring for our patients and residents... More

"Nurse"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, MS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, MS

I worked at Gentiva full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wide variety of company benefits

Cons

Upper management micromanaging every little process to suit their own likes. One or two upper mangers enjoyed being intimidating toward office management and staff.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging the branches when they are running productively and smooth. If you want your staff to stay, be nice, stop with the demeaning and intimidating talk.

May 10, 2017 – Manager of Online Reputation