Gentle Dental of New England Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "current employee"

I have been working at Gentle Dental of New England full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great staff and amazing doctors

Cons

work life balance and benefits can be improved but amazing opportunity for experience

2. "Dental hygienist"

I worked at Gentle Dental of New England part-time

Pros

Nice staff
    Great patients
    Clean office

Cons

Company bought out by Gental Dental causing confusion

3. "Patient Care Coordinator"

I worked at Gentle Dental of New England part-time

Pros

Flexible Hours, good training materials

Cons

Not much room for growth

4. "Gentle Dental Takes Care of Their Employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Gentle Dental of New England full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have had an amazing experience working with all the passionate, respectful, and kind people at Gentle Dental. They have become like family to me. Growth rates have accelerated, especially recently, and I think management is doing a wonderful job handling this, communicating it to employees, and asking for feedback. This is also creating new jobs across New England, which I think is wonderful. Gentle Dental has done so much for me over the years and really assisted me with a great work/life balance. I feel that my diligence and commitment to the company is appreciated and valued by Management who do a great job at leading this company and are extremely knowledgeable in their respective positions and in the company as a whole. My Supervisors have constantly guided and supported me and I am always learning new things and being given new responsibilities that I take pride in. I feel like I am actually making a difference in this company and that is a great feeling. There is a lot of room for growth within the company as well. Since there are many locations, if you work within the practices, you can help out in others or get coverage from another office which is very convenient. They also offer a discount for dental work to all employees with no premiums, which is a great perk. I also love how diverse the company is, there are so many employees who speak different languages within the offices and I really think Gentle Dental celebrates this diversity. Overall, I could not be happier or more grateful to call myself a Gentle Dental employee. They are such a great company to work for!

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any. Anytime I had a concern, I brought it up to Management and they were able to resolve the issue quickly. You can't be upset about an issue Management may be unaware of because you never brought it up to them. In my experience, you tell them what's bothering you, and they fix it. I think some people have a resistance to change and growth because they don't know what it means for the future of their career, but in Gentle Dental, there's no place but up. They are making a great company even better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Company culture of Greed"

Former Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Waltham, MA

I worked at Gentle Dental of New England full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

For many years they were great. they are always looking for new help since lately they can't keep good people.

Cons

Once they got involved with the investment firm they have become a greed driven company, they abuse their best employees. they tell lies and make false promises about growth and value only to make people feel as if they have no other option. They EXPECT/ DEMAND their key people to work insane hours, even 7 days a week and offer no support or compensation to salaried employees.
    Then they beg for reviews on this site.

Advice to Management

Start appreciating and acknowledging your employees and giving them support and compensation for their hard work. Stop waiting for the employees to say they are leaving to try to make them stay. And stop lying to people.

6. "Patient Coordinator"

Pros

Excellent training and support from Operations and HR.
    Doctors and Managers are friendly and nice.
    Great on-boarding when hired. Love having company health insurance,
    Can work at neighboring offices for extra hours.
    Room for advancement as the company continues to grow.

Cons

Not many. The company is growing and adding to it's support staff at the main office.

Advice to Management

The company has a great patient and employee focused culture. Keep passing this on to new offices and staff as you grow!

7. "Gentle Dental Cares about their doctors and staff"

I have been working at Gentle Dental of New England full-time

Pros

Enjoying the years I have worked with Gentle Dental. This group has become part of my family. The dental director and manager really care about their team, and are supportive when life issues appear that cause a hiccup in your work. The performance expectations are high with the focus always being on the best care for the patient, as expected in a dental office.

Cons

Review of some of the benefits offered.

Advice to Management

Keep the family feel with quality patient care as the focus and Gentle Dental will continue to grow and be successful.

8. "Work life balance, with great culture."

I have been working at Gentle Dental of New England full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Dentistry is a feel good industry. You can change someone's entire outlook on life by helping them find their smile. Lots of great people here that are focused on making this happen.

Cons

Milestone acknowledgement isn't really celebrated the way you would think it would be.

Advice to Management

Review benefits package.

9. "Great first year!"

Pros

There is a ton of support for office's and Doctors, so that they can focus on patient care.

Cons

There really aren't any. I think that work has already started in the areas I initial considered issues.

Advice to Management

Please consider enhancing the benefits package. 401k that is matched...more comprehensive dental for family members, life insurance etc.

"gentle dental"

Pros

In general, the company's employee and managers are focusing on customer satisfaction. Offices are generally clean and comfortable for the patient.

Cons

Management style can be difficult. Management does not supprot employee.
    Salary can improve more