Gentle Dental of New England Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO
1 Rating

1. "Gentle Dental Takes Care of Their Employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Gentle Dental of New England full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have had an amazing experience working with all the passionate, respectful, and kind people at Gentle Dental. They have become like family to me. Growth rates have accelerated, especially recently, and I think management is doing a wonderful job handling this, communicating it to employees, and asking for feedback. This is also creating new jobs across New England, which I think is wonderful. Gentle Dental has done so much for me over the years and really assisted me with a great work/life balance. I feel that my diligence and commitment to the company is appreciated and valued by Management who do a great job at leading this company and are extremely knowledgeable in their respective positions and in the company as a whole. My Supervisors have constantly guided and supported me and I am always learning new things and being given new responsibilities that I take pride in. I feel like I am actually making a difference in this company and that is a great feeling. There is a lot of room for growth within the company as well. Since there are many locations, if you work within the practices, you can help out in others or get coverage from another office which is very convenient. They also offer a discount for dental work to all employees with no premiums, which is a great perk. I also love how diverse the company is, there are so many employees who speak different languages within the offices and I really think Gentle Dental celebrates this diversity. Overall, I could not be happier or more grateful to call myself a Gentle Dental employee. They are such a great company to work for!

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any. Anytime I had a concern, I brought it up to Management and they were able to resolve the issue quickly. You can't be upset about an issue Management may be unaware of because you never brought it up to them. In my experience, you tell them what's bothering you, and they fix it. I think some people have a resistance to change and growth because they don't know what it means for the future of their career, but in Gentle Dental, there's no place but up. They are making a great company even better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Team work at its best"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Gentle Dental of New England full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Throughout my years working at Gentle Dental, the company has taken great strides in incorporating a strong team work structure into the organization. Most ideas, discussions and projects are a culmination of employee ideas which are focuses on making processes easier, more efficient, and more effective. The company is growing quickly and working at the home office is more enjoyable every day.

Cons

While Gentle Dental of New England is a great company, we are sometimes confused with Gentle Dental's in other parts of the countries with less than stellar reputations. At times, defending the brands becomes a frustrating task.

Advice to Management

As the company grows rapidly, please don't loose the family feeling of the organizations and the one-on-one relationships that have made us great.

3. "New Employee at Gentle Dental"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Gentle Dental of New England full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gentle Dental is a great company with heart. The employees put patients first and the culture is warm and friendly. The company is growing rapidly and there is a lot of opportunity for employees.

Cons

The traffic in Waltham is not great although there the headquarters is close to a lot of restaurants and shopping

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Practice Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Practice Manager in Portland, OR

Pros

I've worked a total of 3.5 years with gentle dental. Great support, great staff. Very fun environment

Cons

The only con is the distance I have to travel to get to my office

"Best place to work......"

Current Employee - Manager in Methuen, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Methuen, MA

Pros

I worked for this company 13 years ago and came back because no other office I worked for came close to the great support, understanding,and caring of not only its employees but they truly do put the care of there patients above all.

Cons

I can honestly say the only Con is I wish I was a little closer to home....

Advice to Management

If you have any questions at all help is just a phone call away, the support they have in place is amazing. Help is just a phone call away...

7. "Patient Coordinator"

I have been working at Gentle Dental of New England full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent training and support from Operations and HR.
    Doctors and Managers are friendly and nice.
    Great on-boarding when hired. Love having company health insurance,
    Can work at neighboring offices for extra hours.
    Room for advancement as the company continues to grow.

Cons

Not many. The company is growing and adding to it's support staff at the main office.

Advice to Management

The company has a great patient and employee focused culture. Keep passing this on to new offices and staff as you grow!

8. "Gentle Dental Cares about their doctors and staff"

I have been working at Gentle Dental of New England full-time

Pros

Enjoying the years I have worked with Gentle Dental. This group has become part of my family. The dental director and manager really care about their team, and are supportive when life issues appear that cause a hiccup in your work. The performance expectations are high with the focus always being on the best care for the patient, as expected in a dental office.

Cons

Review of some of the benefits offered.

Advice to Management

Keep the family feel with quality patient care as the focus and Gentle Dental will continue to grow and be successful.

9. "Work life balance, with great culture."

Pros

Dentistry is a feel good industry. You can change someone's entire outlook on life by helping them find their smile. Lots of great people here that are focused on making this happen.

Cons

Milestone acknowledgement isn't really celebrated the way you would think it would be.

Advice to Management

Review benefits package.

10. "Great first year!"

Pros

There is a ton of support for office's and Doctors, so that they can focus on patient care.

Cons

There really aren't any. I think that work has already started in the areas I initial considered issues.

Advice to Management

Please consider enhancing the benefits package. 401k that is matched...more comprehensive dental for family members, life insurance etc.

"do not work here"

Pros

it you like feeling that you have no value . They do not pay well unless you are director.

Cons

They are cheap. No one care about you,

Advice to Management

The Dr only care about money$$$$$. Everyone is replaceable.