Genuardi's Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Steve Neibergall

1. "Genuardi's was generally a good place to work"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at Genuardi's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the employees and management were generarlly friendly, helpful, and willing to assist in all aspects, whether completing an assignment or answeing questions if I ran into a situation that I may have needed input on aspects of a job that I was to some degree I was not familiar with or needed clarifuication.

Cons

As time progressed, my imediate crew was reduced, and I was expected to complete the same amount of work with a crew of two emoloyees rather than the three or four needed to complete assignmants in a satisfactorary maner. However, managing even on emoloyee, I was able to complete all assignments in a satisfactory manner

Advice to Management

Reducing staff to only two employees made if a challange to complete assignments, especially in a perishable food enviormant. Even one extra emoloyee, if working only for a few hours, would immensily help keep the department up tp code while giving customers the attention they deserve

2. "Misery"

Former Employee - Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Genuardi's (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can't really think of anything to say that was positive.

Cons

Department Managers expected to Manage, Produce, Order, Clean. Complete Paperwork, Schedule, and then run the cash registers while not leaving their departments and being severely understaffed. Corporate Management out of touch with individual markets and what customers actually want. Pay was very low and bonus eligible positions had conditions that basically made it impossible to earn bonuses. Department Managers were expected to work 6 days a week.

Advice to Management

Listen to what your store managers are telling you about your customer base. If a service point is being complained about by customers, maybe the customer is right. Pay was very low and bonus eligible positions had conditions that basically made it impossible to earn bonuses.

3. "They're ok for a highschool job"

Former Employee - Cashier, Customer Service Associate (CSA), and Bakery in Wynnewood, PA

I worked at Genuardi's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good environment, my co-workers were nice.

Cons

The management was very overbearing at times, they were really good at making people uncomfortable. also they often scheduled people randomly, like one week you might have 20 hours and another you might have 5. I'm pretty sure how many hours they scheduled you for represented how much they liked you.

Advice to Management

Relax, and be reasonable with your scheduling of employee hours

5. "Varied experience overall. Not the worst job."

Former Employee - Food Service Clerk in Egg Harbor Township, NJ
    Former Employee - Food Service Clerk in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

I worked at Genuardi's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I received 2 raises a year with an evaluation. Alot of down time and a fair distribution of duties.
    Interesting variety of Co-workers

Cons

Revolving Managers left me feeling confused and neglected, making it hard to understand the picture with so many different points of view coming in.
    Meager benefits
    Dead-end positions

Advice to Management

Refrain from disagreeing with department managers and letting that get in the way of quality of service.

6. "stressful"

Former Employee - Cashier, PIC in Royersford, PA
    Former Employee - Cashier, PIC in Royersford, PA

I worked at Genuardi's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

became more assertive as time went on

Cons

too much stress and not enough mone

Advice to Management

don't humiliate employees in front of customers

7. "Not well-managed and employees are incompetent. Benefits are same as customers"

Former Employee - Cashier, Customer Service Associate (CSA), and Bakery in Newtown, PA

I worked at Genuardi's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, so it is easy to make your own schedule. They were also good with giving you time off.

Cons

Low pay, distant management, employees incompetent, bad benefits (same as customers). Job was also very boring.

8. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Cashier, Customer Service Associate (CSA), and Bakery in Norristown, PA

Pros

low-pressure job with good opportunities for advancement, very understanding bosses, one week of paid vacation leave and they hire mentally disabled teens and adults to teach them skill sets and teach them to be more responsible and functional in various settings.

Cons

The pay was not very good and the personability with each customer that had to be displayed was almost laughable in its extent. We would have to say the person's last name to them because we wanted to make it a personal experience for them as they were shopping but most people used other people's phone numbers to key in their discounts so the name would be wrong about 60% of the time.

Advice to Management

The leadership was genuine and very heartfelt from the managers. you could tell that they had the employees' best interests in mind and that they cared about how their stores were run very much.

9. "Genuardis"

Current Employee - Cashier in Medford, NJ
    Current Employee - Cashier in Medford, NJ

Pros

Easy job with some cool co workers. Pretty good pay based on the industry. A lot of hours if you needed them.

Cons

Boring job, a lot of strict rules and guidelines. A lot of angry customers and a lot of drama. I never wanted to go back to work the next day.

10. "fabulous place to work"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Marlton, NJ
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Marlton, NJ

Pros

Employers are great people and great customers everyday!

Cons

Unfortunately they are open all the time!

Advice to Management

none.

11. "Cashier"

Pros

Great place to work part time

Cons

Very busy during snow storm

Advice to Management

Pro pro pro pro pro