Genuent Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kip Wright

1. "A Team of Dedicated, Conscientious Industry Professionals"

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Genuent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Let me start by saying that my experience with Genuent was nothing less than professional, polished, and pleasant from day 1. Over the course of approximately 4 weeks, Genuent introduced me to a role that was not only suited to my qualifications but fit the directional goals of my career aspirations as well. From the time that a Genuent Resource Development Manager made contact with me to the day I was supplied with an offer letter by the end client was 21 days; A M A Z I N G! Genuent does an excellent job of maintaining direct, and more importantly, effective communication with their candidates. Additionally, the staff at Genuent provide an excellent level of facilitation between candidates and end clients. I went through three rounds of interviews with the client in 2.5 weeks, and the remaining half a week was spent generating a hardcopy offer letter – but Genuent was quick to inform me that the position was mine and that the offer letter was on its way. This was a direct hire role and not a staffing resource contract opportunity, so my relationship with Genuent will, for the most part, close on the day that I start with my new employer, but I almost wish that wasn’t the case because of how much of a pleasure it has been to work with them. I’m very excited about the opportunity that I have accepted with my new employer, but would not hesitate to give Genuent a call in the future if I was ever on the lookout for a new opportunity, and I would fervently recommend them to people who currently are in the midst of an ongoing job search. The staff at Genuent are A players and should be revered as nothing less than that.

Cons

None in my POV, keep up the great work.

Advice to Management

Continue to support your best RDMs, and supply them with the tools and resources that they need to be effective representatives of candidates.

2. "Resource Development Manager"

I worked at Genuent full-time

Pros

I worked for Genuent for about 2 years as a recruiter and within 6 months I knew that I'd been deceived. I still am very thankful that I was given an opportunity to expose myself to technical recruiting, a segment which I thrive in today. To put it simple, since leaving Genuent my income has more than doubled in the same exact market. Though I personally enjoyed everyone I worked with, there was zero opportunity for professional growth, even when I asked for it. Complacency and under-achieving was the norm not only in my satellite office, but in the very chaotic and disorganized HQ in Houston. Some people do very well financially, but they're talented hard workers that would succeed with any company.

Cons

Recruiters are expected to carry the load of both sides of the desk besides initial client interaction, with no means of compensation for the additional work. It felt like I was the only one that cared or needed to make a living and that I shouldered the burden of relying on incompetent sales people. Recruiting is not that hard, and selling staffing is even easier. It was a constant struggle to get the resources needed to be successful and complaints always fell on deaf ears.

Advice to Management

Cut the fat and promote those with talent and work ethic. Get it together and stop making decisions based on the side of the bed you woke up on that morning.

3. "Great Role I was employed with."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Genuent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Genuent is a great place to work. The company I was contracted with would have converted to permanent, but the company outsourced. Genuent thrives to help you find work.

Cons

No cons to provide based on my experience.

5. "Fundamentally flawed."

Pros

None to share, because the agents I worked with are so terrible.

Cons

Agents come on really strong through multiple avenues of communication, then ignore your calls and emails as soon as they've met their daily quota for job submissions. One of the most outrageous deceitful agencies I've ever worked with.

Advice to Management

If your KPIs are such that your employees can't even muster up the basic professional decency of returning people's calls, you have no business being in business.

6. "An OK place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Sacramento, CA

Pros

They were able to keep me busy for more than year.

Cons

The rate was a bit lower than what I was targeting.

Advice to Management

Offer health insurance or bring the rate up a bit.

7. "Business Development"

I have been working at Genuent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and awesome team. Management does a fantastic job investing in their employees and systems - I've never had so many tools and training to help me succeed. Lots of freedom to work independently but with tremendous support from management and peers. Great teamwork - everyone works together to achieve. I honestly don't know why there are so many negative posts from former employees, except that it seems they are disgruntled and angry they got fired. I can honestly say that anyone hired here is given tons of opportunity to succeed, terrific training and coaching, and a more than fair amount of time to hit performance levels. Anyone writing negative posts likely just didn't perform well and they're angry about it...

Cons

None - I've never been happier working anywhere in my career.

Advice to Management

From the looks of it, you may need to work on your exit interviews and how you terminate people - some of these posts are clearly from disgruntled employees who didn't feel they were treated fairly on exit.

"Sales & Delivery Manager"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager/Staffing Executive in Houston, TX

I worked at Genuent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Autonomy to build your own book of business without too much red tape or client ownership to worry about.

Cons

Leadership wasn't willing to invest any money into providing their staff with the proper tools to succeed.

Advice to Management

You must spend money to make money.

"Beware! Unorganized chaos!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Genuent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro that comes to mind is my co-workers, however caught in this hellish company as well. The work location that I am assigned at is awesome.

Cons

When I was recruited I was currently at a position where I had a full benefit package, the recruiter I spoke to assured me that I would be working at the location it was a 6 month to hire position. Since the company that I would be potentially working at was one of the best in my area I jumped at the opportunity. However after 6 months I heard nothing about being hired. Also Genuent offered absolutely nothing. No benefits at all!
    A year passed and once again nothing at all, then they hired another person on the same assignment as me without a degree and paid him $3.50 more an hour then I was currently making with a college degree.
    Now I have been at this position for almost 2 years and still they have done nothing what so ever. They told a good story but did not deliver anything they have promised from day 1. They do not care about the people that they hire and the recruiters care nothing about the people that they hire. You will be nothing to them but a paycheck. They charge the company you will work at upwards of $30.00 an hour and offer to pay you half of that or less. They are greedy!

Advice to Management

Do not lie to your people, when a family looses benefits due to a lie it should be a crime.

"Genuent is all over the place, no real consistency, flavor of the month mentality."

Pros

The only Pro of this company is Rick Roberts, a man that tried to structure the company with a vision, but went no where due to the owners

Cons

Owners are all over the place with no real vision. New management appears to be over their head and not really impressive...their experience from large companies with layers of people supporting them is not a fit for this very lean company.

Advice to Management

Stay on track with one vision or sell the company and give it a rest!!!

11. "Very competitive pay rates."

Pros

Working with the company has been memorable. The company culture is great and provides employee's with a supportive environment. The only concern is they are growing and a lot of managers are trying to transition it into a corporate environment, so hopefully that doesn't continue. Over all it's a great company!

Cons

None, Working with the company has been memorable. The company culture is great and provides employee's with a supportive environment. The only concern is they are growing and a lot of managers are trying to transition it into a corporate environment, so hopefully that doesn't continue. Over all it's a great company