Genuine Parts District Sales Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Paul Donahue
  1. "Solid company"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Boise, ID

I have been working at Genuine Parts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people/culture and work environment. GPC/NAPA takes care of their people and there is a lot of pride in the company. Relatively low stress. Benefits are great.

Cons

There can be lots of travel and sometimes it can feel like it's all about the numbers.

Advice to Management

Pay your good people well and they'll pay it forward.

Genuine Parts2016-12-02
  2. "Loved my job but upper management out of touch with the boots on the ground."

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Jackson, MS

I worked at Genuine Parts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Worked day to day with a lot of great customers and Manufacturers. Enjoyed the travel and getting to help stores and shops in my territory.

Cons

Since they made DSM's NAPA employees, job took a serious turn for the worse. DC controlled way to much of your day to day activities. Customer's now being your boss make doing job properly almost impossible.

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing and listen more to the guys out there making things happen. Stop letting Distribution Center's dictate everything your guys do. Customer's shouldn't also be your boss.

Genuine Parts2018-04-09

"Old School = Fool"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Genuine Parts full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people and customers I would say the product lines but all of you're competitors have the same lines some have better line.

Cons

Good lord where do we start? Top heavy in managers and most of them are lazy and arrogant. Even the new managers they are hiring adapt to this Old School management style two weeks into the job. Politics run all over the place and there are so many layers of management you don't know who's ass to kiss to get ahead in this place. (I am not an ass kisser so that's why I am stuck) People are not promoted for... knowledge and job performance, they are promoted if they fit the network. Practices and tools in this company are so out dated it is laughable. I had a meeting with a competitor that is so far ahead of NAPA/GPC it was astounding. CRM is a joke cataloging is a joke the management is a joke.

Advice to Management

Get into the end of the 20th century at least!! Who cares if your NAPA others have passed you by.

Genuine Parts2014-01-07

"District Sales Manager"

Former Employee - District Sales Manager

I worked at Genuine Parts full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Meeting new people everyday, bonus program, company vehicle,expense account.

Cons

Politics, playing favorites, too much upper management. NAPA still thinks their name stands for quality, which is does not. Competitors use the exact same parts and sell them for 5%-20% less.

Advice to Management

Take a look at how much upper management there is compared to the ground-level sales force. Automotive Aftermarket competition is getting fierce. Price is the consumers #1 priority, not the name anymore.

Genuine Parts2013-06-10