Genuine Parts Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Genuine Parts Chairman, President, and CEO Tom Gallagher
Tom Gallagher

Cons

"Employees are treated extremely well."

Current Employee - Computer Operator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Computer Operator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Genuine Parts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay. Longevity. Security. Great supervisors. My experience here has been great. The health insurance is good. What makes this particular position really amazing is the people you work with. Most of the employees have been working with the company for more than 20 years, which says a lot about the company.

Cons

The site itself is not a good building. The building was built in the early 80's and shows it. They do take good care of the place but without a budget for upgrading the facilities there is not much they can do.

Advice to Management

Continue to upgrade the facilities as you get the budget.

"Accounts payable"

Current Employee - Accounting in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Accounting in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Genuine Parts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Salary caps, No position growth, no bonuses

Advice to Management

Managament is great

"Safe, stable, and fun environment"

Current Employee - IT Administrative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - IT Administrative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Genuine Parts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Let's clear some fog from other reviews. Regardless of the company, there will always be those who feel entitled or more valuable than they actually are. Consistent, accurate work is rewarded. I've personally witnessed several people move about within the company, from position to position. I also know of several corporate employees who were once NAPA store associates. Anyone that says there's no movement within the company isn't looking or lacks the aptitude to fill a position.

There are several physical corporate locations that are under the GPC umbrella; I'll comment on 3100 in Wildwood. A former IBM building located in a wooded area with covered parking and access to Chattahoochee natural trail system. There's a small cafe open for breakfast and lunch sandwiches. Beverage coolers are located on all building levels and are stocked with sodas and juices (this also includes the HQ building).

401K and health benefits are excellent and there's no shortage of options to choose from.

Salaries are competitive with any other Fortune 200 company. If you're offered a position, most of us know that this is the time to negotiate salary and PTO options. Being corporate, annual reviews are precise and timely. Annual bonuses, if applicable, which are comprised of company, department, and personal goals, are also precise and timely. Pay increases are generally based upon annual reviews and are reflected annually.

For those considering an IT position, you'll be glad to know that the majority of the teams are full of talented professionals. There are exceptions to every team. Depending on department/group, you'll most likely receive new computer hardware and the option to either select a mobile device (iPhone or Android) or use your own and receive a stipend.

Pending project timelines, 40+ hours a week is not unheard of, although this stands mostly anywhere. There's great flexibility in work schedules but the policy seems to float between managers. Some of us work from home 2+ days a week. Comp time is also given to those who work outside normal duty hours. Training opportunities for professional certifications are available on an annual basis but out-of-state course requests will be denied.

Cons

GPC is definitely built on older principles and values. This isn't necessarily a negative blow; check the stock prices and annual profits since the late 50's. That being said, the "slow and steady" mentality is applied to all groups which can prevent creative thinking or disruptive innovation from taking root. I do believe this is slowly changing and will continue to develop as the younger generation replaces 30+ year employees.

Depending on your manager/director and their management style, this may or may not be the place for you. While some managers and their employees are very continent, others are living a nightmare. To this degree, upper management within the VP, C, and E levels lack a lending ear.. This mentally wears the good, competent employees to the point of exhaustion, then resignation. Seeing people move about in the company, I've also seen people remove themselves entirely from the company due to poor management.

No jeans with the exception of Fridays. <- This makes no sense to me...

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, loosen up the tie a bit, and most importantly, have fun.

"Great place to work for those that understand a corporate machine."

Former Employee - IT Administrator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - IT Administrator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Genuine Parts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company has made great strides in becoming up to date with technology. Culture is conservative, but VERY friendly. People come first not just in talk, but in practice. Management is not oblivious. Most employees are very driven and very loyal. Promotion from within is very likely. Many diverse areas of work and is somewhat easy to move to a new position/department.

Cons

Things change slowly (large corporation). More red tape than is needed. Slower to adapt to new technologies. Sometimes does not understand when to kill a project and start over. Career development can be tough to get from management.

Advice to Management

Keep treating people the way you want to be treated. There is a reason people work there so long. You guys are a monolith in the market, put some innovation into the space .

"Outside Sales. The best company I have ever worked for! The best in the business and second to none in the industry."

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Genuine Parts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great products. Great factory support! Fantastic upper management support. All around the best company around. Full product lines. You have a product for every customer you call on. From Balkamp to Undercar.

Cons

I have worked for NAPA at different times and I do not have any issues with the company for all the years I was with them..

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job.

"Overall a great company to work for."

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Genuine Parts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great management, good pay and the company has great respect for work/life balance. If you need to take time for something, GPC is always willing to work with you.

Cons

Quotas can be very demanding at times, and everything at GPC is about quotas. In the sales side, can be very long grueling hours just to close deals. Lots of travel required.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Credible"

Former Employee - President in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - President in Tampa, FL

I worked at Genuine Parts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Conservative consistently ethical shareholder focus.

Cons

Risk averse to getting out of comfort zone.

Advice to Management

Get out of comfort zone

9. "Awsome company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great benefits, pay is more than fair,management understanding of personal affairs, plenty of experience that covers multiple areas in any given field, lots of training available everyone is kind and team oriented. plenty of company team building event( bowling, softball, employee appreciation days, and more.

Cons

90 day temp period before becoming perm.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

10. "Awesome!"

Pros

Great People, great culture, laid back

Cons

There are no cons to working here

Advice to Management

None

"Human Resources Manager"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Genuine Parts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is a very stable company with fair pay and benefits for the job done. Employees are almost always treated with respect. There is almost unlimited opportunity for growth. Someone who is hard working, ambitious and smart can start at the bottom and rise very high in the Company in their career.

Cons

Because it is an established company, advancement is very competitive and may take years. It is in the auto parts business. They are the best company in this very competitive business but limited to the pay and benefits of that business.

Advice to Management

Remember that we are one of the best companies in the world. We have a fantastic history and future. Don't try to imitate other companies too much. This will drag us down more than it helps us.