Genuine Parts "great benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Genuine Parts Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Aug 22, 2019

Found 162 reviews

3.4
Genuine Parts CEO Paul Donahue
Paul Donahue
Pros
Cons
  • "Supervisors seem to have more impact on decision making than upper management(in 14 reviews)

• "It's a "good ole boy company" Run do not apply for any positions with this place(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Puller"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Richmond, VA

I worked at Genuine Parts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

This a great company to work for. Great hard work and easy hours. Great benefits. Great area and driving distance from any where in Richmond.

Cons

Management changes often and you're under different forms of supervision consistently. Weekends maybe be a con for most.

Advice to Management

Consistency would be a plus. More appreciation should be showed to employees. Create a warmer atmosphere.

Genuine Parts2018-05-30

Genuine Parts Response

June 7, 2018VP, HR Operations

Thank you for your long term service with GPC. We greatly appreciate the review comments and the recommendations you suggested. Thanks for being a part of the GPC family.

"The wrong way to “right size”"

Former Employee - APAR in Duluth, GA

I worked at Genuine Parts full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits. Flexible schedule. Relaxed dress code.

Cons

Company that once represented all that was great about our free market society in America has now sold themselves to India. Dishonesty by mid management and expecting that the lower level employees aren’t smart enough to catch on to their game. Using pretty words doesn’t soften the blow of losing our American jobs to a foreign country. And the audacity to ask tenured employees to train their offshore replacements,... in the same breath telling us that our jobs are secure.

Advice to Management

Don’t commit to a plan that you can’t look your best employees in the eye to deliver the news.

Genuine Parts2018-04-09

"Getting better"

I have been working at Genuine Parts

Pros

Great benefits, new management pushing to be more innovative in technology, bringing new employees to build the up the environment, a lot of the legacy lifetime employees are starting to see if they stay complacent, change will be made.

Cons

A lot of politics but that's with any organization, no other cons at the moment

Advice to Management

Stop the politicking and get the work done, listen to your employees she suggestions are made on how to improve

Genuine Parts2017-12-21

"AR Department"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Genuine Parts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Long term tenure for many employees. Flexible work schedule, great benefits, updated technology to assist in job duties

Cons

Sick paid time would be beneficial

Advice to Management

Continue showing workforce your willing to work as hard as hourly staff

Genuine Parts2017-06-22

"Solid Company, Good Benefits, Horrible Leadership"

Accounts Receivable Supervisor in Duluth, GA

I worked at Genuine Parts

Pros

Great benefits, competitive pay, solid company

Cons

The HR department didn't advocate for the employees. If an employee went to HR with any issue against anyone in management, HR would go straight to the director and it was a given that we would be discussing that issue in a managers meeting... and that person went on "the list." There was no such thing as privacy. If HR knows, every manager and supervisor in the building knows. If am employee wanted action, they had... to call the toll free complaint line. Management hated that, but it guaranteed that an objective 3rd party would be looking into the issue and your job wouldn't be at stake. Dishonest upper management (lots of character issues), lack of concern for employees, attendance policy for hourly employees appears to be very liberal, but is in fact a trap. I once had to write up an employee for not returning to work on the 4th day after their father died. The management team had an "understood" 90 day rule. If for any reason we didn’t like you, it was almost guaranteed that you would be dismissed by day 90 of employment because "you were not a good fit." Very few opportunities for advancement. The director is an ABSOLUTE BULLY! When he was brought on, he stopped internal promotions and only hired external candidates. This went on for a couple of years until headquarters forced him to promote from within first. He was very difficult to work for, as he was extremely condescending and said on many occasions that we should just be happy to have a job because the unemployment rates were high. There was always an underlying threat when he talked to us. Within the first 2 years of himy being hired, many of our tenured hourly and management staff had been fired or quit. After another couple of years, many of us (managers/supervisors ( resigned because we couldn't take the ever increasing work hours, ever decreasing pay raises and bonuses, and his "my way or the highway" attitude.

Advice to Management

First and foremost, get a new director. Treat employees like people instead of machines. Recognize that life happens outside of your attendance policy, allow people to move beyond past mistakes instead of using the mistakes against them for years...even after they have shown growth and change...and make senior leadership accountable. Stop firing hourly employees for attendance infractions, when one of your top... managers has had ongoing, unjustified attendance issues for years. And lastly, stop finding reasons to fire people just because you don't like them.

Genuine Parts2016-05-12
  6. "Technical"

I have been working at Genuine Parts

Pros

Great benefits, Off most of the main holidays, Flexibility

Cons

Underpaid for position,Sometimes seem like not appreciated

Genuine Parts2016-03-17

"Executive Administrative Asst."

Former Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Genuine Parts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits & employee perks

Cons

Behind the times, no training for new hires

Advice to Management

New hire training.

Genuine Parts2015-11-11
  8. "The elite automotive parts company"

Current Employee - Counterman in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Genuine Parts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Prestige, excellent sourcing,good pay,great benefits for full time, that start immediately.

Cons

Some key individuals need revamping! Take the perks while others put in the time and sweat.

Advice to Management

Training, findout every employees strengths, and strategically use those strengths to add to the bottom line. Ask the employee what they want ,and groom them to achieve that goal, afterall the best person for the job is the one that desires to do it.

Genuine Parts2015-10-17
  9. "Awsome company"

in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Genuine Parts

Pros

Great benefits, pay is more than fair,management understanding of personal affairs, plenty of experience that covers multiple areas in any given field, lots of training available everyone is kind and team oriented. plenty of company team building event( bowling, softball, employee appreciation days, and more.

Cons

90 day temp period before becoming perm.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Genuine Parts2015-06-11
  10. "Dissapointing"

in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Genuine Parts

Pros

great benefits, good time off.

Cons

poor communications, operations not fully tuned for great customer satisfaction

Advice to Management

Stop hiring from the outside, give your seasoned personnel a chance.

Genuine Parts2011-04-04