Genuine Parts "hard working" Reviews | Glassdoor

Genuine Parts Employee Reviews about "hard working"

Updated 22 Aug 2019

Found 162 reviews

3.4
Genuine Parts CEO Paul Donahue
Paul Donahue
Pros
Cons
  • "Supervisors seem to have more impact on decision making than upper management(in 14 reviews)

• "It's a "good ole boy company" Run do not apply for any positions with this place(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "hard working"

Return to all Reviews

"Great place to work. Tight knit family."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Altoona, PA

I have been working at Genuine Parts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great pay and rewards for hard work. Lots of opportunity for advancement.

Cons

You must be relocated to get promotions for the most part. Tough on family life. Our jobs can sometimes be in jeopardy because of the market conditions, even if we work our tails off.

Advice to Management

I know we lose a lot of good people due to moving.

Genuine Parts2018-11-20
  2. "Puller"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Richmond, VA

I worked at Genuine Parts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

This a great company to work for. Great hard work and easy hours. Great benefits. Great area and driving distance from any where in Richmond.

Cons

Management changes often and you're under different forms of supervision consistently. Weekends maybe be a con for most.

Advice to Management

Consistency would be a plus. More appreciation should be showed to employees. Create a warmer atmosphere.

Genuine Parts2018-05-30

Genuine Parts Response

June 7, 2018VP, HR Operations

Thank you for your long term service with GPC. We greatly appreciate the review comments and the recommendations you suggested. Thanks for being a part of the GPC family.

"Many fails"

I worked at Genuine Parts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People who work there are nice and hard working people.

Cons

Management lies to employees. Managers refer to employees as people they own. Often overheard managers saying "who owns this one" Male dominated environment, in order for women to advance they have to be flirty, wear short skirts and kiss the man's butt, very antiquated state of mind. Must be liked by the "Upper Management In Crowd", otherwise there is no room for advancement. You may be a great employee... work-wise, but if one of them doesn't like your personality then forget about it.

Advice to Management

Take some leadership training and learn how to treat people like people and not things you own. Learn how to manage a diverse culture, and learn how to be sensitive to people and their needs, not just use the veil of a Good 'ole boys culture.

Genuine Parts2018-04-20

"culture and management needs makeover"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Genuine Parts full-time

Pros

The people; almost everyone from warehouse workers, store employees, and customers make coming to work a easy. Some of the most dedicated, honest, and hard working individuals I have ever met work here.

Cons

Management can do no wrong, micromanages, and belittles employees on a regular basis. We have lost the way of promoting from within to only hiring college graduates with no experience in the industry as the leaders of our company.

Advice to Management

Promote from within and treat employees with the respect they deserve. Some of our top level executives including the CEO started at the bottom. We keep losing great employees and years of valuable experience to our competitors because of this. Actually listen to employees ideas to help grow the business. Promote a healthier culture and environment that isn't based on fear tactics.

Genuine Parts2018-02-09

"Once solid company that is resting on its laurels"

Former Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Genuine Parts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Relaxed & friendly work environment, decent pay & benefits, solid company reputation, and low-stress. Hard work is rewarded. My supervisor and department managers were all excellent people.

Cons

-The company as a whole is slow to adapt to the changing market. -Many processes are antiquated and are executed a certain way because it's the way the company has always done it- not necessarily because it's the best way. -The field is given way too much say in decisions - and often times acts on an intuition-based whim - when the entire purpose of our department was to make data-driven analytical decisions to... benefit the operation. -Upper management cannot stick with a strategic plan to save their lives. They are quick to abandon ship and change their minds at the first sign of trouble. - Company culture is somewhat resistant to progress, which is why NAPA is being outpaced by competitors.

Advice to Management

Listen to your smartest people, and stick with a plan.

Genuine Parts2018-02-14

"Burn and Churn"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Coppell, TX

I worked at Genuine Parts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company benefits with hard working and dedicated employees. It is the parent company to NAPA auto parts and well known in the market place.

Cons

They will burn out their sales team members and then churn them out. Very large turn over of sales persons. The Regional Sales Managers lead from the rear lines and their main function is to call and email you constantly. The company philosophy is that if they keep you under constant stress and fear you will perform at maximum output. The management in Texas is the most demotivating unpleasant person you could... work for. He will turn a positive upbeat situation into a depressing glooming cloud. Also, management will manipulate your territory and pull you from your territory and delay assigning new accounts to keep your numbers down to avoid paying out bonus money at end of year.

Advice to Management

Work on being positive, build cohesive teams. Taking the guys out to the golf course an getting them drunk and hung over is not conducive to building a professional, knowledgeable sales force. When you keep your sales managers out drinking, projecting a negative image to those around them in restaurants and bars you are not building professional, knowledgeable, employees who can build your business. You must also... understand that their families play an important part of their happiness and success. You can not ignore the impact families have on your business.

Genuine Parts2016-02-16

"Human Resources Manager"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Genuine Parts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

This is a very stable company with fair pay and benefits for the job done. Employees are almost always treated with respect. There is almost unlimited opportunity for growth. Someone who is hard working, ambitious and smart can start at the bottom and rise very high in the Company in their career.

Cons

Because it is an established company, advancement is very competitive and may take years. It is in the auto parts business. They are the best company in this very competitive business but limited to the pay and benefits of that business.

Advice to Management

Remember that we are one of the best companies in the world. We have a fantastic history and future. Don't try to imitate other companies too much. This will drag us down more than it helps us.

Genuine Parts2015-10-22
  8. "Room for growth, but stingy on pay"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Genuine Parts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have experienced rapid growth in my position with a lot of hard work and ingenuity. If you are willing to take your growth and development into your own hands, the knowledge and experience are there to be gained.

Cons

As is the case with most companies, you don't get anything you don't ask for. They squeeze their best employees for as much productivity as possible, and not always with a pay which is equivalent to their relative worth in the organization.

Advice to Management

Invest in people. Value a work/life balance. That is how you attract and maintain an excellent staff which will benefit the whole company in the long run.

Genuine Parts2015-11-03