Genworth Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 555 reviews

3.8
Genworth CEO Thomas McInerney
Thomas McInerney
Pros
  • "Genworth really promotes and provides an excellent work/life balance(in 55 reviews)

• "Great people, good benefits (until China deal completes), competitve pay(in 50 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Genworth Empowers Their Employees- Love the Vision of the Company

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Genworth full-time for more than a year

Pros

Genworth empowers their employees to make decisions and test new concepts. I feel very empowered everyday when I come to work. The vision of the company is also one of the things I love about Genworth. Everyone from Senior Management down understands our vision going forward. I also love collaboration of multiple teams to accomplish short-term and long-term goals. Many employees have worked at Genworth for a long time...

Cons

Not many cons at all. Location is great, the people are great and the empowerment is certainly a huge plus.

Advice to Management

Keep communciating the vision of Genworth going forward. It is extremely helpful to hear it constantly to keep us focused. Keep up the momentum we have!

January 24, 2019Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. We love that you highlighted the collaboration efforts between teams and empowerment you feel here at Genworth as pros.

2. Great culture, really striving to be better

Current Employee - Public Relations Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Genworth full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work schedule; great culture; people are encouraged to be themselves; not pitted against each other; senior leaders don't act like they're above you

Cons

Making strides toward a more diverse workplace, but I see this as an area to keep improving

3. Work with the best!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Genworth full-time for more than a year

Pros

+LTC is a unique and challenging industry +Work with some of the brightest folks from various backgrounds +Engagement seems high, lots of extracurriculars (if that's your thing) +Great benefits

Cons

-Hiring process can be a bit lengthy (very friendly recruiters though) -Buildings are a little dated

4. Really care about its people and great compensation

Current Employee - Applications Development Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Genworth full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Salary and Bonus Structure Lots of Employee Perks Lots of Community outreach opportunities 1 week of Volunteer time per year Remote Options available Very transparent company Very Approachable Sr Leadership team

Cons

Health Benefits are a little pricey Combined Sick and Vacation Leave Acquisition leaving some questions

Advice to Management

The culture is what makes the place great, please keep it up through the acquisition

Thanks for your review.

5. Great & Engaging Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Genworth full-time for more than a year

Pros

I feel engaged every day I come to work and am made to feel like a valuable member of the team. The opportunities for learning and development are outstanding. Genworth really promotes and provides an excellent work/life balance. The commitment to giving back to the community is unlike anything I have seen. This is a very exciting time for Genworth and I am so glad to be part of the team.

Cons

The health benefits are a bit pricey.

January 29, 2019Brand Marketing Specialist

Thanks for the review. We love that you highlighted the learning and development opportunities here at Genworth. We're happy to have you as part of the Genworth family.

6. Super place to work!

Current Employee - Loss Management Account Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Genworth full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture and work environment which is conveyed from the Executive level throughout the organization. Great people and a great place to work.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue communicating

January 29, 2019Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for sharing your review. We are happy to see you highlighted the culture and work environment at all levels as a pro.

7. Overall Genworth is a great place to work!

• Overall

I have been working at Genworth full-time

Pros

Genworth has great values and a welcoming culture. Volunteerism is strongly encouraged and creates a sense of community within the organization. USMI also has Employee Resource Group Forums that creates an easy way to connect with others outside your department, learn about different cultures, and provides career development opportunities. Employee's are empowered to bring ideas forward and their considerations are...

Cons

Over the past 5 years Genworth has made strides in cultivating a more diverse and inclusive culture, but real lasting change will not be made until senior leadership becomes more diverse and diversity becomes a business priority.

Advice to Management

Include diversity efforts in company goals and tie them to incentives for senior leaders and upper level management.

January 29, 2019Brand Marketing Specialist

Thanks for the review. We love that you highlighted that employees are empowered and taken seriously as pros.

8. Great Place to Work & Progressing

Current Employee - Director in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Genworth full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great initiatives in Diversity & Inclusion, great time to join with good strategy coming in, really investing in the employee culture, solid leaders with cutting edge ideas. Good, progressive benefits.

Cons

Medical benefits is a bit high compared to industry leaders. As with most insurance companies, that portion is highly regulated, though is only part of the business.

Advice to Management

Continue to bring in progressive mindsets and diverse ways of thinking, as well as build continuity across the businesses.

January 23, 2019Brand Marketing Specialist

Thanks for the review. We love that you highlighted our initiatives in Diversity & Inclusion and investment in the employee culture.

9. Engaging Work, Great People

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Genworth full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Engaging Body of Work and People and the ability to build and implement processes. The people I work with are fantastic. Hard working, and incredibly down to earth regardless of level. Refreshing to be in an environment where egos and politics are largely non-existent.

Cons

Offices need a refresh.

January 23, 2019Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the review and for your dedication and hard work to Genworth over the past 8 years+. We love that you highlighted the hard-working and down to earth people here at Genworth. We acknowledge the con you shared and assure you we will pass the message along to the appropriate ...

10. Great Culture, Good Benefits

Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Genworth full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solid Benefits, flex-hours, nice culture with work-life balance. Community involvement. Company seems to be making sensible decisions moving forward.

Cons

Long-term care industry is a little uncertain right now.

Advice to Management

Workflow processes need to be more clearly codified in an accessible way.

January 24, 2019Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. We love that you highlight the culture and work-life balance as pros.

Found 555 reviews