GeoLinks Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 18, 2018

4.1
Skyler Ditchfield

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Healthy and Human Atmosphere"

I have been working at GeoLinks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All of upper management are the hardest workers in the company. They constantly put in more hours than any other employee, but they all are always making sure that their employees are listened to and encouraged to both improve their capacity, as well as take care of their personal lives. Middle management is also excellent in those ways. They work hard and serve as examples to their team, but also make sure they treat their team well and support their development. Upper management also supports their team members spending time with family and friends, so long as there isn't some major crunch that needs to happen.

You do need to be a self-starter here. There's always work to be done, but you do need to keep talking to the team as a whole and pick up slack where it's needed most. If you can dedicate and push hard, you can certainly do well in the company, but be willing to put in the long hours to make that happen. The CEO always reminds everyone that every person makes a big difference to the success of the company, and you need to take that seriously.

Pay is decent and the benefits are fairly good as well. The company is still relatively young, though, so it's not surprising that pay and benefits are where they are. Upper management makes sure to let every employee know that the pay is where it is because of the size of the company, and that there are things in the works to make sure employees can get better pay and benefits as the years go by.

Cons

If you want a job with well developed process flows, or to not have to manage your work load, do not try to work here. If you work here right now, you're part of building that all out.

The hours can be long sometimes, and lead to some weeks being pretty draining. You won't always be able to spend time with friends and family, when you want to. When an emergency happens you will need to put in lots of hours and be willing to give up your plans for the week or weekend in order to make sure the work gets complete.

Some people will complain that the pay is not high enough. That's between them and management. The pay is enough to be able to live fairly comfortably, myself, and I know that if the company continues to do well, then the pay and benefits will continue to improve.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. You've built a company with many excellent employees. The CEO has said that he wants to build a company that is the best place to work, and all of you have done a great job of making that closer and closer to a reality. Thanks for the constant effort and sacrifice you all make.

2. "Happy to be done"

I worked at GeoLinks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leaving the company and going elsewhere

Cons

Executive management is horrible, chairman should consider replacement. Company is more about self image then doing what it should be doing. A lot of promises but no action to their words. Hire and let go of staff often and then ask them to come back, odd. Pay is low when compared to other telecommunication providers. Customer service is not how it used to be, a lot of “it’s not our fault or we did follow up” when it is not always the case. The hard workers are let go and those playing on their mobile phones are kept. Don’t you want to keep those who are working for their paycheck and not just collecting one.

-Reviews will follow this one because it is negative as management will ask current staff to do positive ones to increase rating level.

Advice to Management

Take classes to better fit into your role or do another position. It is nice to promote yourself into executive management but it doesn’t mean you know the responsibility behind it. Remember how you got where you are today and rewind to those times.

3. "Integrity Issues"

I worked at GeoLinks full-time

Pros

Seem to be conscientious about providing good customer service.

Cons

Poor senior management integrity. It is unclear that appropriate senior management is in place. Communication and follow-up is inconsistent

4. "Balanced Work & Family Life"

Current Employee - Channel Sales Representative in Camarillo, CA
    Current Employee - Channel Sales Representative in Camarillo, CA

I have been working at GeoLinks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is rare to have a work place where you actually are excited to come in every morning. I am happy to say that GeoLinks is that type of environment.

They have created the culture to where I can put my family first but still have a lot of value in my career.

Cons

Between the benefits, the atmosphere and the office space, I have no complaints.

"A place to appreciate"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at GeoLinks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CEO truly cares about his staff and people and has always been honest. He puts in more hours and time than anyone else and I am very appreciative of that. When laying off staff that were brought on for a failed aquisition he took all the blame and explained every detail. He didn't have to do that. I have been laid off twice before and never been given that level of compassion. I was not in that room but a co-worker was and I was impressed.

Cons

Could use more structure and training. But to be honest they warn you of that when you're hired and tell you this is a company you'll fail at if you need that but offer you the ability to help create processes and training.

Advice to Management

You probably should have let some of the people go you did sooner. All they did was screw around. A lot of people knew it. Good move. I think you expect that people will really thrive on helping create their own processes and training for their teams. While they say they will the reality is most don't do it then are upset when they don't have the structure they were told they wouldn't have. I've seen people thrive that grab onto this but its less than more.

6. "Good Company, Honest Management"

I worked at GeoLinks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment, lots of freedom and an open and kind management team. Really care about the work their doing and their clients. While doing some layoffs after a merger that fell through they handled it with kindness and grace. These things happen in business, it's not my first go around and shouldn't be held against a management team that is going for record growth year after year.

Cons

The same cons of small companies. Lack of some structure, but that can be a positive too. Depends on the type of person you are.

Advice to Management

Keep working on structure and giving employees the freedoms you do. Some will make it some won't. You've done a great job.

7. "Wish the management structure was based on merit and not popularity."

I worked at GeoLinks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a Basketball court, Gym and Break Room.

Cons

They have a select few management employees who have been kept because they're close friends with the owner and nothing more than that. No official training, no official management experience and overall unimpressive leadership skills.

Advice to Management

Bring in some people who knows more than just the CEO's soft spots and someone who can actually run their department.

"Don’t be fooled by all the hype and phony positive reviews which the company encouraged us to write"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

I worked at GeoLinks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are none unless you like low pay and getting laid-off

Cons

Don’t believe the hype! Massive lay-offs due to poor leadership and business skills particularly by upper management. This company really has no clue what they are doing. There are no methods or procedures for anything and everyone is extremely young with no real world experience.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring millennials, quit pretending to be a Silicon Valley employer and learn some business skills so you don’t end up laying off half your workforce because you have no clue what you are doing!

"I love my job, and I love this company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

I have been working at GeoLinks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything about this place is awesome. The facility has a gym, game room, kitchen with tons of healthy food, and a basketball court! Beyond that, the CEO and President are dedicated, honest, and never too busy to meet with anyone. They have great health benefits and are very proactive with their values and culture.

Cons

I can't think of a single one, other than I enjoy myself so much that I notice myself working more hours without realizing it! Even that is a good thing though, when you are working and it doesn't feel like "work".

Advice to Management

Keep listening to all us employees, as you already are. I appreciate it and it means a lot to feel appreciated and supported. Thank you!!!

"5-Star CEO"

I have been working at GeoLinks full-time

Pros

GeoLinks' CEO, Skyler Ditchfield, is a positive, inspirational and overall incredible CEO who genuinely cares about his employee's well-being.

Cons

Incredibly fast-paced....although I don't know if this is a bad thing.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on!