Geonorth Reviews | Glassdoor

Geonorth Reviews

Found 4 reviews

1.5
  1. "Not really sure what to think"

I worked at Geonorth full-time for more than a year

Pros

i liked the team i associated with.

Cons

apparent lack of communication. was hired as a full time person. It was understood in the contract. then was told there wasn't enough work. would have liked to have been told the truth instead of being strung along.. The lying part really did some damage to my assessment.

Advice to Management

you know what you are doing. I wish you well.

Geonorth2018-10-09
  2. "Avoid! Could be career damaging move."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Arlington, VA

I worked at Geonorth full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was lured by higher compensation and the opportunity to lead my own team. I was only there for a short time before I realized how bad it was. The best part of taking this job was the fact that it led me to a much better job and higher pay. Could be a blemish on your resume.

Cons

As the PM, I was encouraged by my supervisor to crack the whip on bad performers and bad attitudes. Because GeoNorth is a subsidiary of an Alaska Native Corporation, they worry more about their shareholders than the employees. Turnover was high with the PM before me and the PM after me leaving after short stints, so there was no continuity. Trust, ethics, morals, and sound business judgement was lacking at the corporate...

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees, and they'll take care of you. Trash your your employees and they'll trash you.

Geonorth2019-05-09

"Has their pros and cons"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Anchorage, AK

I worked at Geonorth full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Good variety of projects and flexible schedule. Since most of the work is contract work they dont usually ask you to work more then 40 hours. I was asked to work a few weekends unpaid. Their argument was that I was salary. The problem with this is that if I ever worked only 39 hours my pay was docked so is that really salary?

Cons

Constant threat of lay-offs. Management is not shy about expressing doubt there will even be a job for anyone. Pay is well below market value. The company is being run into the ground due to poor management and the Alaska recession.

Geonorth2017-02-28
  4. "Terrible Benefits!"

Current Employee - Senior Operational & Management in Crane, IN

I have been working at Geonorth

Pros

Small company so they can work with you on specific individual needs as far as leave time

Cons

Terrible benefits, people don't matter to them. Its just another govt. contract to them.

Geonorth2016-01-20