Geophysical Survey Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2019

Found 13 reviews

4.4
Chris Hawekotte
  1. "Company like no other"

Former Employee - Technical in Nashua, NH

I worked at Geophysical Survey Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Family-like environment. Employees very proud to work here and do very important work. Interesting off-the-beaten-path company, culture, and products.

Cons

It depends on your expectations and your career goals.

Advice to Management

Load up your 401k and enjoy your time on this Earth.

Geophysical Survey Systems2019-06-28
  2. "Superb Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Geophysical Survey Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Balance of work and life. Ethical and compassionate management. Worries about reputation and not just selling a product. Worlds leader in commercial GPR technology.

Cons

Small company. Not much room for upward mobility.

Geophysical Survey Systems2019-06-10
  3. "Excellent company!"

I have been working at Geophysical Survey Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work-life balance, culture and benefits.

Cons

It's a smaller company, so it may be more difficult to advance - but GSSI is growing!

Geophysical Survey Systems2019-01-08
  4. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Geophysical Survey Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, a wonderful work atmosphere, lots of freedom.

Cons

It's hard to move up

Geophysical Survey Systems2018-08-04
  5. "Simply put, I like coming to work. I look forward to coming to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Geophysical Survey Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Interesting technology and what applications they are used for world-wide. As always, the people I work with.

Cons

Not really a downside, GSSI is at a point of tremendous growth, and adjustment to this takes patience and time.

Advice to Management

Confrontation is OK, and at times, required.

Geophysical Survey Systems2018-02-01
  6. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Pros

This is a good company to work for. The company is filled with good people, and the culture is open and friendly.

Cons

The company is small but consistently growing, but opportunities for upward movement may be limited.

Advice to Management

None

Geophysical Survey Systems2017-09-05
  7. "Interesting Technology with great people to work with"

I have been working at Geophysical Survey Systems full-time

Pros

Good work environment Transparent culture with very talented employees Very supportive of work-life balance Great product and sales training Really enjoyed working with my entire team

Cons

Sometimes slow to make decisions Small size of company has limited growth oppurtunities

Geophysical Survey Systems2017-08-31
  8. "Great Growing Company!"

Current Employee - Engineer

Pros

- Great life-work balance. - Good compensations and benefits! - The ongoing growth of the company opens up new opportunities for individuals to grow. - Friendly environment between coworkers. - Accessible management. - Fun place to work at!

Cons

- Project management. - A gap between employees who have been here for long time and newbies. - Not willing to adopt to new technology from old employees.

Advice to Management

Being accessible

Geophysical Survey Systems2016-05-16

"Great Company......Horriable Management Pratices"

I worked at Geophysical Survey Systems

Pros

The company is quite stable and has cornered the market within the last 40 years.

Cons

The culture of the company is as fake as plastic. It is a very caddy environment, it is almost like high school. The attitudes of the veterans make it very difficult for a newer person to be comfortable. It is hard to find someone not speaking negatively behind your back. The management does not seem receptive towards newer associates ideas, nor will they back you up on a conflict.

Advice to Management

Advice to management. Be honest with your subordinates. Value honesty and integrity. Stop catering to the needs of one person. Favoritism is rampant here., change your culture.

Geophysical Survey Systems2015-05-12

Geophysical Survey Systems Response

September 21, 2015Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I regret to hear you've had a negative experience while employed with us, as GSSI’s management team and I want to foster a culture consisting of employee satisfaction along with welcoming, open communications. I’m hoping you will ...

10. "Comfortable, Stable, and Antiquated"

Pros

It is a very comfortable and relaxed environment with a friendly atmosphere. The market is slow, diverse, and unsophisticated, thus layoffs have been uncommon in this company's 40+ year history. Turnover is also low and job security is very high. Management treats employees very well and are very approachable. Products are very high quality and reliable. Company is growing rapidly.

Cons

The market size is growing and GSSI is riding the 'rising tide' . Many of the old timers see this financial windfall as justification to adhere to the ill-principled engineering practices and archaic technologies for which the market has historically forgiven us. We are experiencing growing pains as the organization is having difficulty scaling

Advice to Management

Upper management does seem to recognize the need to innovate and has been doing well in this regard, despite opposition by many of the 'long timers', for whom change is uncomfortable.

Geophysical Survey Systems2015-02-18