George Weston Reviews in Canada | Glassdoor

George Weston President and Chief Executive Officer Paviter S. (Pavi) Binning
Paviter S. (Pavi) Binning

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Network Administrator in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Network Administrator in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at George Weston full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for, excellent benefits, educated and motivated people to work with. A great fresh atmosphere to work in.

Cons

I can't think of any downside to working there, they prepared me for my next step in my career path, assisted with training and certifications.

Advice to Management

A Great company with a proven track record

"Great people. Disappointing experience. Would not recommend."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

I have been working at George Weston full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing team members. They are the only thing that keeps you coming back each day.

Cons

Constant change, constant reorganization. Spent more time onboarding new leadership than driving the business. Very little emphasis on training or professional development. Poor advancement opportunity, especially since management is always turning over. Burn-and-churn culture. No recognition of workload given limited people resources. Long hours are the norm (without thanks) and people are stretched way too thinly. Managers are not equipped to mentor, coach or develop employees employees. Senior leadership fosters culture of fear and intimidation, with heavy focus on cost control above all else. Frequent turnover because people realize there are better opportunities elsewhere, promising better compensation/benefits, better development and better work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Focus on your people. They're your most important asset. Provide meaningful training and development opportunities. Recognize that there is a life outside the office. And hold your managers accountable to employee engagement. Doing so will make a huge difference.